Chapter 4

Destiny: A Cinderella Story

I came back at the ball room after Kris left me at the rooftop but I was kinda scared to see the girl named Kim Doyeon again that’s why I decided to send a message to Myungsoo that I’ll be going home because my mother called me, even if it’s just a lie. As I walk towards the door to exit, I saw a familiar face; it was the guy who asked me for help to find my uncle. I lowered my head to avoid him but even if I try to hide myself, he still sees me.

 

“Hey!!! Jihye-ah!!!” the guy shouted from afar that caught people’s attention. I keep lowering my head because of embarrassment but it’s too late, he’s already in front of me.

 

“I didn’t expect to see you here? Are you with someone?” the guy asked me but I didn’t answer him, then I noticed that a lot of people it looking at me. I lifted up my head and saw EXO from afar whispering to each other.

 

“I was about to go home but you interrupted me.” I honestly said and look at him. He’s wearing a suit with his hair styled neatly. I wonder where this man really came from he looks good overall but his attitude seems really bad.

 

“Are you alone?” He asked as he looks around to find if I was with someone.

 

“No, I was with my friends but my mother called to go home.” I also lied to him about my mother.

 

“Really? Who are your friends?” He asked me again, I feel really embarrass right now or rather intimidated with his looks. He looks like he comes from a rich family.

 

“Kim Myungsoo” His eyes widened once he heard the name but why?

 

“You know that kiddo? You must the girl my cousin is talking about.” My brows knitted in confusion. I don’t understand him and who’s his cousin?

 

“What are you talking about?” I confusedly asked him and he smirked at me.

 

“So, you are Myungsoo’s biggest crush huh? By the way, I’m Kim Woobin, Kim Sunggyu’s cousin.” He formally introduced himself with his trademark smirk while I’m looking at him with wide eyes.

 

“Y-You’re his cousin? How?” I stuttered as I think about how in the world Sunggyu has a cousin like him.

 

“My father and his father are cousins, so we’re also cousins. He always talk about you lately that your mother was sick and you’re working in a café to survive. I never knew that it was you, what a small world isn’t it?” the guy named Woobin said as he crossed his arms against his chest and tilted his head to the side.

 

“Where do you study or you don’t study?” He asked me the question that always hurt me. I want to study but how can I do that if my mother needs me more?

 

“I don’t study because I need to work for my sick mom” I said and he nodded.

 

“If you don’t mind Mr. Kim, I’ll go ahead.” I bowed at him and starts to walk away but he caught my wrist and pulled me along with him to I don’t know where. We walk outside the ballroom and once we came out of the door, the flashes of camera blinded my sight.

 

“Mr. Kim, Is she the girl with Kim Myungsoo earlier? What’s your relationship with her?” One of the reporters asked. Mr. Kim stopped his tracks and turned around to face the reporters.

 

“It’s none of your business” Mr. Kim sternly said while glaring at the reporters. He pulled me again until we entered to a room. Once we’re inside the room, Mr. Kim sits on the couch while I’m still there near the door standing. He was looking at me from head to toe, I don’t know but I became scared with his stare.

 

“Do you want a scholarship?” He finally said and crossed his long legs while I’m looking at him in disbelief.

 

“I’m offering you a scholarship to continue your study” He added and I don’t know but I’m really happy because I’m going to study again.

 

“But, I need to work for the medicine of my mother.” I said as I remember about the condition of my sick mother. I don’t want to let this opportunity go but my mother also needs me.

 

“You don’t have to worry about it; I’ll take care of your mother, her medicines plus her monthly treatment but in one condition” He seriously said while I’m still thinking what he wants in exchange for it.”

 

“Why don’t you sit down so we could talk properly?” He gestured me to sit down across him. I nodded my head and sits down on the couch.

 

“So, what do you want?” I nervously asked him and with that he smirked at me.

 

“I need you to pretend as my long lost sister” He said and my eyes grew wide.

 

“Why me? I mean, there’s a lot of girls out there that you can ask to do it but why me?” I asked him.

 

“Because I already know who you are. Your personality and values in life, we’re going to have a contract to sign.” He said

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t want to fool someone, I don’t think I can do that.” I stood up and turned around to walk out of the door.

 

“I’m giving you a once in a lifetime chance Kang Jihye, this your opportunity to go back to school at the same time your mother’s condition will get better. I will give her the best doctor in Korea, just agree with it. Once I found my real sister, you will stop it and you can go wherever you want with your mother.” He said trying to convince me with his plan.

 

“What about your parents? You are going to fool them with this lie.” I turned around to look at him.

 

“My father was sick and his only wish before he pass away is to see his long lost daughter. He doesn’t have enough time here in this world while my mom is always crying every night because she misses her daughter.” He said and it pains my heart hearing such a sad story.

 

“Okay, I’ll do it.” I finally agree and he smiles at me that make me also happy. I think he’s not that bad at all.

 

“Thank you very much. I will prepare our contract tomorrow for you to sign and I promise you’ll not gonna regret agreeing with our deal.” He shook my hand and hugs me. I look up to him and he’s still smiling widely at me.

 

“I’ll go ahead” I said after he pulled away from me.

 

“I’ll ask my driver to send you home.” Mr. Kim said still wearing his smile. I was about to protest but someone knocks on the door.

 

“Come in” Mr. Kim answered

 

“Mr. Kim the car is ready” a middle age man entered the room and Mr. Kim nodded his head.

 

“Please send her home” Mr. Kim pointed at me while the man smiles at me.

 

“Come with me young miss” the man said and I furrow my brows. Why did he call me Young miss? I keep thinking about what he said when Mr. Kim nudged me to follow the man.

 

 

After the close door meeting with Sunggyu’s cousin, the driver led me to their car and I saw a lot of people at the lobby murmuring maybe about what they saw earlier when my eyes landed on EXO on the side who’s also looking at my direction. I don’t know why all of them are looking at me like I was a criminal or something.

 

“Jihye-ah!!!” someone shouted my name. I look back and saw Infinite running towards me.

 

“Where did you go?” Myungsoo asked me. I was about to answer him when I saw Kim Doyeon from afar looking at us.

 

“Ah, my mom is calling so I have to go outside the hall since it’s noisy inside there.” I lied again to them.

 

“Don’t lie, I saw you talking with Doyeon earlier” Sungjong said and my eyes widened.

 

“She just says hi to me.” I lied again but Myungsoo was looking at me with suspicion. He grabbed my hand and pulls me with him. Mr. Kim’s driver was about to protest to Myungsoo for dragging me but Sunggyu stop him.

 

“It’s okay Mr. Lim, he’s my friend.” Sunggyu assured the driver.

 

“But, Young master told me to send her home.” Driver Lim said.

 

“Really? Did my cousin know her?” Sunggyu asked and Mr. Kim comes to them.

 

“Yes, I know Jihye. She’s my sister” Mr. Kim said and Myungsoo stop his tracks.

 

“What are you saying hyung?” Sunggyu asked him.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I know all of you will be surprise but this girl named Kang Jihye is my long lost sister…….Kim Soojin.” Mr. Kim announced that makes all the people gasped in surprised even me; I didn’t expect him to do this early because I haven’t even sign the contract.

 

“How did you find her Mr. Kim? Are you sure she’s your long lost sister?” One of the reporters at the area asked him and he nodded.

 

“We already took DNA test and the result is positive so nothing to doubt anymore.” Mr. Kim confidently said turning to me.

 

“Myungsoo, can I borrow my sister?” Mr. Kim asked him and nodded and let go of my hand. Mr. Kim grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him outside the lobby and get in to his car.

 

“Mr. Kim, all you said earlier is too much. Besides, I really didn’t take the test, how can you say that?” I asked him once his driver closed the door of the car but he just smile at me.

 

“I think you should call me oppa from now on Soojin” Mr. Kim innocently smiles at me but I look away.

 

“What if my mom knew all of this? What should I say to her? How can I explain?” I bombard him with question.

 

“Don’t worry about your mother; I will transfer her to a new house tomorrow because for sure, a lot of reporters will come to your house to interview you or her. This is the biggest revelation of the year.” Mr. Kim said but I’m still worried about my mom.

 

“I don’t care about the new house, my only concern is my mother” I answered back as a tear slipped from my eye.

 

“I already told you, I’ll take care of your mother. You can always visit her whenever you wanted. Pack your important stuff tomorrow because you’ll go to move in to our house.” Mr. Kim said.

 

“But Mr. Kim, my mother didn’t know anything about this.” I protested and he glared at me.

 

“I will talk to her tomorrow and please call me oppa, arasso?” Mr. Kim firmly said.

 

“Yes, o-oppa” I lowered my head and sigh. Tomorrow, my life will totally change; everything around me will go to change and even myself, I am not Kang Jihye starting tomorrow because I will become Kim Soojin, the long lost sister of Kim Woobin, CEO of Kim Enterprise.


Hi guys!!

 

I actually didn’t have a plan to update my stories here in AFF because I was kinda busy as Xmas is coming near and I have a lot to do until New Year but I’ve change my mind ehehe. I know this update is short but I hope you will still like it guys.

 

What do you think of this chapter?