Chapter 6

Destiny: A Cinderella Story

Kris and I have been friends for almost three months now and I just realized that he’s very kind and caring towards his friends since I always saw him with his cold expression. I even got closer to his friends especially Suho who’s also comes from a rich family and I find him really nice. He always treated me like a princess, if I wasn’t pretending as someone I think I would fangirling over him. I always hang out with them that made Sunggyu and the others felt that I choose Kris and his friends over them but it’s not like that really. If I’m going to choose between them, I will still choose Infinite since I knew them for a long time now and they know all about me.

 

“Young miss, you’re in deep thought. What are you thinking?” the maid asked me as she pours me a glass of milk.

 

“Can I ask you something ahjumma?” I look up and met eyes with her. She puts down the glass pitcher on the table.

 

“What is it? Anything wrong?” She worriedly asked me.

 

“Uhm…Can I visit my mom later after school?” I said playing with my fingers.

 

“I think you should tell your brother about that or Madam Kim.” Ah right I need to ask them if I can go or not since she was just a maid here in this big mansion, she can’t decide anything without asking the Kims.

 

“I think so, by the way I’ve been living here for three months now and I noticed that Mr. Kim is getting weak everyday. Why didn’t they send him abroad? They have a lot of money.” I curiously asked the maid and I heard her sigh.

 

“The former Chairman doesn’t want to, Madam Kim and Young master always told him to go to the States or China for his treatment but he always refused it. It seems like he’s just waiting for his time to depart here in this world. Actually, since they found you Mr. Kim he always smiles even though he’s suffering so badly with his disease. He really misses you Young miss and all of us here is really happy that they finally found you after so many years. I can still remember when you got kidnapped when you are young, the Chairman almost died because of heart attack.” She told me and it breaks my heart, I thought rich families lives happily but I guess they’re not and all she said makes me felt guilty because I’m not the person they thought I am. I’m not Kim Soojin, I’m Kang Jihye.

 

“I feel sorry for him, how I wish I could fill him with lots of happy moments before he departs.” I lowered my head and a tear slipped from my eye.

 

“You can Young miss, the former Chairman loves music. I think you should play piano for him sometime.” She smiled at me.

 

“But I don’t know how?” I answered without looking at her.

 

“You don’t know how to play piano? But, your father taught you before, I can still remember you’re always playing piano for him that time” Oh geez, how can I say to her that I’m not the real Soojin and I don’t know how to play piano since I only came from a poor family in Busan that Woobin oppa asked me to pretend to be the long lost daughter.

 

“Really? I-I can’t remember anything about that. I’m sorry” I lied and I felt her hands brushing my long black hair.

 

“You don’t have to say sorry Young miss, you’re too young at that time maybe you forgot all about it since you live with other family.” She smiled at me.

 

“Thank you ahjumma” I smiled back at her and I heard a honk maybe its Myungsoo. I forgot to tell you guys that he always picks me up at home every morning to go to school.

 

“Ahjumma, I’ll go ahead” I said as I stood up from my seat.

 

“But you still didn’t even finish your breakfast” she said to try to stop me that’s why I decided to pick my clubhouse sandwich and walks out of the house. Once I got out of the house, I saw a red sports car outside the gate. I hurriedly went to the main gate and the guards open it for me.

 

“Myungie!” I loudly call his name once someone got out of the car but I noticed that Myungsoo is not that tall like this man. I stopped my tracks to look at him from head to toe. He’s wearing a gray jacket with white shirt underneath and pants. He also wears a sunglass that really looks good on him. He walks towards me and removes his sunglass.

 

“Kris…” I murmur as he stopped his tracks in front of me. He was smiling at me while I’m still looking at him in surprise.

 

“Good morning Soojin-ah” he greeted me.

 

“I thought you’re Myungsoo, I’m sorry but what are you doing here?” I asked him and he nodded his head.

 

“I’m here to pick you up for school.” He declared and my eyes widened.

 

“You don’t have to Kris besides Myungsoo always picks me every morning.” I said when I felt my phone vibrates. I took it out from my bag and saw that it was from Myungsoo.

 

Ji, I’m sorry but I think I’m not been able to pick this time for school, our manager called us that we have to be in Woollim asap. TT.TT

 

I sighed as I finish reading it and Kris noticed it.

 

“Who’s that?” he asked me.

 

“Myungsoo. He said that he can’t pick me up today.” I sadly lowered my head when I felt his huge hand grabbed my wrist and pull me with him.

 

“I got the right timing I guess” He chuckled and pushes me inside his car. The ride was kinda awkward for me because this is the first time I ride a car with him, only me and him. Both of us used to be on the same car but also with his friends. I secretly glance at him, he looks really good, so handsome. How I wish I was his girlfriend…oh Jihye stop being so delusional because he will never like you like the way you like him and he will hate you for sure once he know about you pretending to be Kim Soojin. Wait, did I say I like him? Well, I think this is the right time to confess about it. Yes, I like Kris Wu and I like him very much. Every time I saw him, it completes my day and I want to see him more everyday. Actually, this is the first time I have a crush on someone at first, I’m in denial because I’m not used to have a feeling for someone like this. The way he treats me, I think he also likes me but I’m still not sure since there was a girl named Fang Meihua they are always talking about and they always with her and I admit I’m jealous.

 

“Can I ask something?” I bit my lower as nervousness took over me with this question of mine.

 

“Anything” he said focusing on the road.

 

“Who is Fang Meihua?” I finally asked him and I noticed that he stiffens with my question. I don’t know but I have a feeling that they have something.

 

“She’s my friend in China before my family migrated to Canada.” I made an ‘Oh’ sound and his answer makes me feel relieve in a little way.

 

“Why do you asked?” He said

 

“I always heard that name from Luhan and Chen that’s why I got curious.” I honestly said without looking at him. Within three months, I slowly fall for him and I don’t know how long I can keep this feeling inside me. I told myself that If I have a chance to confess to him, I will do it but I’m afraid that he will reject me like the way he rejected other girls who confessed to him. I know it looks bad since I’m the girl here and the guy should confess first but I just want him to know my feelings before my luxurious life end.

 

“Are you free tonight?” Kris asked me all of a sudden that perked my ears.

 

“Why?” I immediately look at him.

 

“I want to treat you dinner” He said and I smiled at him.

 

“Only the two of us?” I curiously asked him and he shook his head.

 

“With the others, I hope you don’t mind.” He said and I smiled at him.

 

“Of course not at all” I beamed and he ruffles my hair.

 

“You know what; I never thought we can be friends since I always just saw you at the café.” He said with a smile and it makes my heart flutters. I didn’t answer him instead I only gave him my brightest smile. The car suddenly stopped and I noticed that I’m already in front of my school. All of the students here are good to me even the teachers and staff of the school and it makes me happy at the same time guilty. Once I got out of the car, the other students greeted me with smile on their faces.

 

“Thank you Kris, see you later” I bid goodbye to him and walk inside the school with my friends Minah, Chaeyoung and Ahra who’s waiting for me in front of the gate. All of us entered our class room and sat on our desk.

 

“Why are you with Kris Wu? Where’s Myungsoo oppa?” Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow while Minah and Ahra are waiting for my reply.

 

“He wasn’t able to pick me up and Kris at the same time went to our house so he asked me if he can drive me here in school.” I answered and all of them groaned.

 

“Tell us the truth Kim Soojin, are you dating him?” Chaeyoung asked once again and I felt uncomfortable on my seat because of her interrogation.

 

“No, we’re not” I stated and Chaeyoung sighed.

 

“You better be girl, he’s a playboy my cousin saw him last week with a girl at a club grinding with each other. We know that you have a crush on him but I honestly don’t like him for you.” She said and my eyes widened on what she said about him.

 

“How did your cousin knows that it’s really Kris?” Minah asked her.

 

“I don’t know if I have to say this but my cousin is a friend of the girl he danced with. I think her name is Meihua? Oh yes, Fang Meihua.” Chaeyoung answered and my world crashed down in front of me. I thought she’s just a friend as what he told me earlier when I asked him. I felt my body gets weak and they noticed it.

 

“It’s okay Soojin-ah, you’ll still find the right guy for you. I honestly like him for you but after this girl told us, I don’t know anymore.” Ahra eyed Chaeyoung while caressing my back.

 

“So this is my fault?” Chaeyoung said in a y tone and glared at Ahra while all I could do is look on the floor.

 

“He said she’s just his friend from China.” I finally spoke and the three of them immediately stopped their arguments. Chaeyoung was about to say something when our homeroom teacher entered the class.

 

“Attention everyone, the school will going to have a benefit concert in two weeks time so we have to prepare everything really well and for this class, all of you are going to help the production team and Chaeyoung you will be the leader.” Mrs. Hong said and all of the students happily cheered.

 

“Songsaenim, who’s going to be on the line up?” One of my classmates asked.

 

“Oh I forgot to tell you guys. It’s Infinite, BTS, AOA, Dal Shabet, YG’s newly debuted group Winner and of course one of the hottest boy group today, EXO.” Our teacher stated and all of my classmates screamed once they heard EXO while Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh my god songsaenim give me a backstage pass juseyo!!!” Ahra said because she’s a big fan of BTS especially Suga and Taehyung.

 

“Song Ahra, of course you will be going to have a backstage pass since you belong to the production team.” Mrs. Hong said in a matter of fact tone while Minah is smiling like an idiot beside me.

 

“I can’t believe this Soojin-ah, I’m going to see NamSong couple. I can’t wait” Minah can’t stop giggling because she really likes Winner or specifically, the Namsong couple as she said earlier. All of them are happily cheering for the event while I’m still in deep thought about Kris.

 

“Stop thinking about him, just remember that he’s not the only guy in the world” Chaeyoung said after she noticed me. It’s not like I’m obsess with him or something like that. I just like him or maybe love him. After Kris offered me friendship, I became a fan of his group and became close to all of them and starting to fall for him slowly. I remember Sunggyu told me that EXO has a lot of possessive fan so I must be careful not to be hated by them and I should keep distance with them every time we’re in public. I understand him because he just protecting me but Kris always pulling me with him or Luhan always pinches my cheek. I don’t know but I made up my mind, I’m going to confess to him tonight.


Sorry guys for the late update i'm kinda busy with our business permit ehehe 

 

updated [14.01.06] 12.53pm