Between the Lines

Butterfly

I dunno how it exactly happened but it just did. Taemin and I actually got closer as the times passed by. As hours turned into days and days turned into weeks. It's been a months since the first time I have bumped into him on that airport and not a day goes by that I now cherish that moment. I never thought that I became friends with him. At first, I thought he's just some egoistic idol that thinks he's better than the rest but no, he was different.... good kind of different. 

And for some reason, the more we got closer, the more I doubt myself into liking him. THAT, I had no control of. I didn't even know when it exactly happened but it did. I like Taemin but I will never admit it to him. Even with a slight chance, I decline it. There are times when our conversations would go into relationship and I would purposely change the subject. My feelings for him will grow but I don't know if he feels the same way. I can't risk it. I could never risk it.

The texting never stopped, that itself became an instand factor to our friendship. Since he's busy 90% of the time, he would just SNS me whenever he has like a 5 minute break or before he goes to sleep. The conversations are random. It would go from cars to politics and sometimes it would just be the plain awkward 'have you dated anyone before' topic. Not that I'm complaining with it, it's just that the topic is quite deep and different.... i don't know. 

Before I could go to sleep, he texted me again.

Taemin: "You said your aunt is always at work, right?"

Krystal: "Yup... why?"

Taemin: "it'd be nice to come visit you guys."

Krystal: "What do you mean?"

Taemin: "Visit your house. We're friends right?"

Krystal: "..... Do you want to visit where I live right now? k.k"

Taemin: "Will my princess allow me?"

Krystal: "YA! Stop calling me that if you don't want me to change my mind!!! >,<"

Taemin: "Does that mean yes?"

Krystal: "if you have time"

Taemin: "I'll make time =D"

See? That's how our conversations are like nowadays. Plus he calls me 'My Princess'. I have no idea how he came up with it but he did and now he's calling me that. It bother me though. No one ever refers to me as a princess. Especially not back home. I'm usually the girl who likes to wear comfortable jeans and has a back pack and listens to music. I mean, I'm not THAT simple but compared to my sister then I'm waaaay simpler than her. 

The next morning was like the usual. I would just sit on the couch and watch some random news, toast some bread and cover it with jam and peanut butter, make some juice and eat breakfast. When all of a sudden.....

BUZZ! BUZZ!

I quickly ran over to see who is at the door and to my surprise the monitor had Taemin's face in it. I quickly opened the door at the apartment and welcomed him in. Thankfully the place was clean and we just did laundry a day ago. 

"Why are you here?" I asked him 

"I told you I would make time" he said smiling at me and offering a box of pizza and some drinks. Batting his eyelashes purposely to act cute. Oh please don't do that Taemin. 

"What's with that face?" of course I had to ignore his adorable face. Like I said, I won't let him see what I feel about him. NEVER! 

We both sat in the living room and both watched the news. For some reason, the awkwardness between the two of us started to sink in. He look at me randomly and then stare back at the TV. It's as if he wants to tell me something. UGHHH! it's all too much for me.

"No schedules today?" I tried opening a topic.

"Nope. It's a rest day." he said while he finishes eating the pizza. 

"So you guys are allowed to go out when it's a rest day?" 

"As long as we don't get caught on the streets then yes" he then slowly moved towards me while putting the slice of pizza into a plate and offered it to me. "Eat more." adding a smile. ............. that adorable stupid smile that I like to hate but I can't.

I blushed at the moment he smiled but I immediately looked away. He shouldn't notice the pink cheeks that settled on my face... Say something, Krystal. ANYTHING?!?!?!?!!

"and you chose to come visit me than go somewhere?" quickly thinking on my feet. phew!

"I'll always make time for you"

He leaned over right in front my face. I can almost see every bit of face now that he is up close. My heart kept beating and my cheeks are turning into rosy pink. What is he doing? Why is he so close? Why am I not backing off? Why is this happening all of a sudden. Breathe Krystal. 

I swallowed and tried to look away but his eyes staring at mine is too distracting. I need some sort of diversion. QUICK!

"Are you wearing contacts or are those your natural eyes?" yes! That's good. 

I finally breathe when he moved back and shook his head smiling. "I'm not wearing any contacts today" he said while brushing his hair with his fingers. PHEWWWW! That was something I didn't expect to happen, especially from him.

"Krystal....." he called.

It gave me goosebumps though. My eyes followed towards him. He looked serious and he was shaking a bit. He was biting his lip a lot and is playing with his thumbs. He paused for a long while, enough for the room to fill up the awkwardness that has now come back. What is it, Taemin? I'm dying over here. Finish that sentence already!!!!!

"........................................................ I like you" he finally said.