Birthday Party

Butterfly

The season was starting to change without me knowing. I didn't take a chance to look at the calendar but I have been in Seoul longer than I could have imagine. The spring season was now over and here comes summer. Yes, the weather had raised to a couple of degrees and people were starting to take note of it. I sat in my room and thoughts flew through my mind. I didn't know what it was but it was bothering me that even though our first date went well, there was something bothering Taemin. It's like he couldn't concentrate because his thoughts were somewhere else. I'm no mind reader but he acted a little bit off than usual.

I know asking him would be awkward. It's not that he doesn't tell me anything, it's just that he doesn't really talk about 'work'. Work includes everything that has to do with his agency plus his group. Not that I'm complaining but sometimes I wish he would tell me tiny bits of it. For sure, he wasn't pissed at anyone though. No, it was different. I felt it. He was distracted by something. 

ARGHHH!

I shook my head. How can my paranoia once again get the best of me. This is really starting to annoy me. I'm not a mind reader, so most likely 95% of what I'm deducing now is false and will only be a fact if I ask Taemin about it. Maybe... I just should right? It's not like I'm spying on him.

The following day, it wasn't planned or anything but I saw him sleeping at the oak tree place. This place definitely does give him the peace that he wants. He even comes here to sleep. I walked towards him but I didn't want to wake him up so I just stared at him. I wished he was pretending to sleep like the last time. I was waiting for him to just utter something out of nowhere that would surprise me... Sadly, he didn't. 

Sigh.

The silence defeaned the place. When I was about to stand up and leave, he opened his eyes. He stared back at me for a long while before he could produce his most adorable smile.

"How long have you been here?" he whispered.

"Awhile" I replied but I had questions that bothered me. "Don't you sleep at your dorm?" I asked nicely, caution enough not to make him suspicious about things.

"I like to sleep here for awhile."

"But it's getting hot"

"It's okay." he said as he looked away. There it is again. THAT FACE. for some reason I keep worrying about that i'm-okay face. 

"Is something wrong?" I looked worried. Of course I would be worried. Did he have a fight with s? A misunderstanding, perhaps? Did he do something that made him upset about it? What? Taemin just say what you have to say!!!

"You're worrying too much with something that I have no idea of." he chuckled. "First of all, I get along with my members really well even though we have arguments at time. Second, nothing is bothering me so stop worrying about." he said holding my hand.

"Then how come you don't look too happy right now?" since the cat is out of the bag anyway, might as well just go with it.

"Okay, since you really want to know what's bothering me." he bit his lip before continuing, "we'll be releasing our Japanese album soon so I'm worried that i may not be good at it." he smiled "it's really childish but I'm concerned like that"

Really? 

THAT'S IT?!?!?!?!

I stared at him with  a confused look but then started to laugh and he did to. I didn't know they were going to release a japanese album. So that's why. 

"Krystal" he said. "come to the agency building next week."

"NO" i immediately replied without letting him finish. NO WAY! "Are you mad?"

"No! You're not letting me finish. It's my birthday and so we're going to have a small gathering at the practice studio. I want you to come, meet my friends and get to know them a little better than just their first names." 

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~~ and here i thought he was going to let their president know about his relationship. I will die if that happens. So i agreed of course and I know it will be a bit different from what I will be expecting but i will try to mingle with s. I've never really had the time to talk to any of them, This should be the start. 

The party started after hours when practice was done and everyone was hungry. people bought cakes, pizza, drinks. It was a small get together celebration. My aunt was surprised to why I was there in the first place. And with honesty, I told her that Taemin invited me. There were tons of followup questions from here that i didn't bother answering. No way in hell am I answering those questions.

So it was a short party. It was really late anyways, I cut a slice of cake and found myself sitting beside s. My aunt and I were leaving together so I'm just waiting for her to comeback from her office. Taemin however, wasn't there with s. Onew said that the manager was talking to him only he wasn't sure to what it was.

"So how did the two of you meet?" Jonghyun asked.

"at the airport. we bumped into each other" i replied while taking a bit from the awesomeness of the cake.

"fan?" Minho asked. I pouted and shook my head. 

"I didn't know he was an idol"

And everyone bursted laughing. They all exchanged stories as to why Taemin looked differenet, far from being an idol. I could help but laugh at their stories too. It is true. The 5 members are close and here i thought they had fights which leads to my conclusion whenever Taemin looks sad when we go out. I should just stop that.

After the party, my aunt and I were walking towards the apartment "Are you sure about Taemin, Krystal?" she asked randomly.

"Why?"

"Answer the question"

"Answer my question" I didn't want to do this right now. I know she's going to give me a lecture about dating an idol. UGH.

"Because.... whether you know it or not, he's a 24 hour idol. He is watched by too many of fans and he will be leaving in the next 6 months. So tell me why are you his girlfriend?" she scolded.

I stopped walking. Did I just hear her correctly? "How'd you know about that?" 

"He confessed earlier today." she replied, lowering her tone. 

He told them about us? I never knew he had it in him but half of this right now is making me happy. He had the guts to tell people from his agency about our relationship. That's really bold of him.

"Look, I'm not going to lecture you on this." she looked at me sternly. "But trust me when I say this, you don't know what it's like dating an idol. So if I were you, get out of it while it still hasn't wounded you" 

"He's different when he's with me" I defended him

"That's not the point, Krystal!" for the first time since I came here, her voice raised at me. "I just don't want to see you hurt." she said as she slowly walked towards me and gave me a hug. "I'm not going to break you two up. I'm just laying down options for you to think about this relationship as much as you can" she patted me at the back.

Try to think about this relationship?

Why on earth would I be doing that?! Taemin and I are secretly dating and it's not like it's going to change things, right? I know my aunt just doesn't want me to get hurt but I'm a big girl now. I got myself into this, Taemin did too and if he's too relaxed and confident about our relationship then why should I be the one who's scared?

Exactly.

I took out my phone and texted him:

Krystal: "Hope you had fun today. Happy birthdaaaay <3"

Taemin: "Thanks for being there. It was worth it <3"

 

(crazyHJ: HEY GUYS!!! so what do you think about this chapter? I am currently working on another FF. It's a baekhyun and ailee FF. Make sure to check that out and read it too. Subscribe to my stories and comment. i always love it when you comment. I hope you liked this chapter. I will be posting/updating chapter 8 SOON! 

Teaser for chapter 8: A picture is worth a thousand words ^0^ )

[UPDATE: WHO WANTS A TAEMIN POV? WHO WANTS A CHAPTER WITH JUST TAEMIN'S POV???? I'm currently caught in between making a POV for Taemin (the whole chapter) or not. Comment if you want!]