eight

He Can't be Human!

No One's POV

Head Babi hit Sara, and Sara fell to the ground, a hand over her nose. Everyone took a collective breath, eyes on the Head Babi, Sang-Ki, and Sara. The rest of the Ingi Babi had fled the scene, not wanting to be associated with this mess. Then, three things happened.

First, Sara stood up again, blood slowly oozing down her face and running down her fingers.

Second, Sang-Ki wrapped his arms around Sara, and led her out of the Cafeteria, down the hall, to one of the storage closets, which had duct tape letters E M S on the door, for Emergency Medical Supplies.

Third was something the author can only describe as Karma.

The Head Babi wasn't someone a lot of people liked. She was popular, sure, but not good popular. To her, there were two types of people in the world: The hot, and the not. The rich and the poor. The pitiful and the pittying. If you were rich, good-looking, and willing to be a complete to get what you want, you were good friend material in her eyes. Everyone who wasn't rich, good-looking, and mean might as well it.

If you weren't in her in crowd, you had a touch life ahead of you. She'd spread rumors, humiliate you in public, switch the locks on your locker, anything to show you who's boss.

But perhaps her favorite game, was something she called Conversion. It was cruel, all her friends knew it. But they kept it secret, they helped her out with it, even. It was better them than me. They all thought.

She would find an unpopular girl, someone only known for her brains. Then, she would slowly, over the course of a school year, start being nice to that girl, convincing her she was popular. Head Babi would teach the unpopular girl how to do makeup, what to wear when, where to shop, how to do her nails, etc. etc. Then, she'd invite the unpopular girl to a party, get her drunk, and one of Head Babi's friends, one of the Ingi, would rob her of her ity, and grade her on her 'performance'. Then, she would drop the 'converted' girl like a hot rock, leaving her to her few friends that she had before she was converted, the friends she left behind. They were never kind.

So, once Sang-Ki and Sara were out of the room, everyone in the room turned and looked at the Head Babi. Then, they looked at each other. Then her again.

One girl, no one really knew her name, - she skipped a couple of grades - stepped up until she was right in front of Head Babi. Head Babi straightened up, getting ready to snap and rant at this girl, this willing victim. But before Head Babi could say anything, the girl hit Head Babi square in the side of the face. When Head Babi recoiled, the girl said, in a booming voice that shouldn't have belonged to such a small girl,

"That was for Sara." The girl hit Head Babi again. "That was for my sister." Another hit, right on the nose, and blood spattered the floor. "And that was for everyone else."

Head Babi straightened up. "You're gonna get it! Just you wait! You're gonna be finished, you hear me?! Just you wait til I tell a teacher, and - "

A boy, leader of his own little clique, stepped forward. "Oh, you're gonna tell?! Who're the prof's gonna believe, you, or all of us?!" The rest of his clique stepped up. "Cuz we, for one, are siding with her!"

"Us too!" the Theater kids shouted in unison, walking up so that they were behind the girl and next to the first guy's clique.

Slowly, one by one, the rest of the cliques in the Cafeteria started to stand behind the girl. Even the loners, who usually stayed out of this kind of stuff, stood by their peers.

The Head Babi looked from group to group, eyes frantic, looking for a friendly face, or someone who would help her out of this mess. No such person was present. She glared at the little girl. The little girl glared back. Head Babi, lightning fast, winded her arm back, and took a swing at the little girl. She stumbled backwards.

"Oh...." The first boy who spoke, he went by Geo, his childhood nickname, chuckled. "You're going to wish you hadn't done that." Geo picked up the little girl, and carried her back to where Sara and Sang-Ki were waiting. When the two males' eyes met, they nodded, and Geo smiled.

Back at the Cafeteria, the everyone was closing in on Head Babi. They cornered her. She was terrified, blubbering, crying, begging for forgivness. But they wouldn't stop advancing. They relished the power that cornering Head Babi evoked.

But suddenly, they stopped advancing. "We're better than you." The leader of the Theater kids said. "We're better than you, so we're not going to beat you up. We're not going to leave marks. But we will hurt you."

"Like you hurt us." The loners, most of whom were victims of her Conversion, said hauntingly.

With that, they all dispersed, going back to their tables and talking like nothing had ever happened. Sara came back, and sat with Sang-Ki and his friends. The little girl sat with Geo. All of them ignored Head Babi like she wasn't even there.

What Sara didn't know, what the little girl didn't know, what almost nobody knew, was that they were playing right into the Ingi's trap.

Meanwhile, Suho had made it to his next class with Tao just before the whiteout started. He went straight to the gym along with everybody else, and was now sitting on the bleachers, filling in Tao, Luhan, D.O., Chanyeol, and Xiumin on what had happened. Tao was only half listening, worried sick over Sara not answering his text.

Just then, there was a collective creshendo of phones going off as seemingly everyone in the gymnasium got a text at the exact same time. Following was a roar, consisting of so many hushed whispers that they became deafening. Suho stopped talking, waiting for it to be quiet enough for him to be heard by his friends.

"Hey Tao! Hey Suho, Luhan, D.O., Chanyeol, and Xiumin!" one of Tao's girlfriends, Natasha - She was from America - , chirped, walking up the bleachers to the group of boys. Luhan wondered how she knew his name, since he had never told her. "You hear about what just went down in the Cafeteria?"

"Nope!" Tao responded. "Why don't you tell us?"

"So, apperently, your guys' friend, Sara? She went walking into the Cafeteria, and what's-her-face, the head , went and ambushed Sara with her friends. The whole Cafeteria knew, was about to go down. Head was apperently mad that Justin had been paying attention to, pardon me, a nobody, instead of her. So--" Natasha starts to explain. Tao ignores her calling Sara a nobody. He interrupts Natasha for a different reason.

"Wait, wait, wait! Who's head ?"

Natasha looks at him like, you stupid? Xiumin translates, "She means Eun-Mi, the leader of the Ingi Babi." Tao nods, and urges Natasha to continue, apologizing for interrupting.

"So Sara, she disses head , saying she has to be insecure if the head needs all her friends to try and scare Sara off. Then, one of the Ingi, I think his name is Sang-Gi, or something like that, he challenges head to prove it. Her friends have all run off by this point, so you know what head does? She hits Sara! Sang-Ki helped Sara with her bloody nose, and then - this is the good part! - and then, this little girl, - I hear she should really be in the sixth grade! - comes and hits head a couple of times! Head hits the little girl, and then, everyone in the Cafeteria goes and beats head up!" Natasha finishes her story, going through the whole thing without breathing.

There is silence among the group of boys for a few seconds as they try to figure out what the heck Natasha just said meant to them. Finally, they realized: Head Babi had been dethroned, and the Ingi had chosen another to take her place. And that person was Sara.

__________________

Credit goes where credit is due. I got the Conversion thing from CSI:NY, so don't get on my case about it, ok? It seemed like a just-plain-out-of-line thing that would justify what I wanted to happen.
Filler chapter, but I tried to make it somewhat interesting.
I am dead tired. I stayed up all night rewriting this, because what I had originally was rated M for violence. I also got some other story chapters done, so I guess it was worth it.