twelve

He Can't be Human!

Luhan's POV

Think about it! Tao said that the Ingi never paid Sara any attention until the day I first started at school, which was the day after my eventful little Walmart trip! Those guys who were chasing me, they could've been the Ingi! Except, Justin wasn't the Walmart guy, or any of the others...

"But what has Tao ever done to Justin? Or any of the other Ingi?" Kai was saying.

"He has Sara." Kris responded.

"But why are the Ingi interested in Sara?!" Baekhyun asked. "She's not anyone big at school! She's a freshman, for flips sake!"

"A very good looking freshman...." D.O. points out. All of the boys are aware of the male population at school's attraction to Sara and hate for the boys and Tao. It was no surprise to them that the Ingi are interested in Sara for her looks.

"Sara's not ready for this....." Xiumin says, collapsing onto a couch and putting a hand to his forehead.

"Ready for what?" I ask.

"That kind of attention." Xiumin answers, heavy emphasis on the 'that'.

"She's going to hate us." Sehun comments. "No matter what we do, no matter how this goes, Sara is going to hate us, and run to the Ingi."

"This was well played, well planned out." Chanyeol observes. "The Ingi played us and Sara perfectly, and now, we're stuck, with no options!" The rest of us nod.

"The only way I can think of to make Sara more likely not to hate us would be to drop out of the fight." Kai said thoughtfully. "But if we do that, the Ingi will be brutal."

"We are screwed!" Chen frets.

"I don't know... Maybe we should give Sara a chance... I mean, she's known you guys for much longer than she's known the Ingi, she trusts you guys, and she likes you guys. She'd probably be mad at you for fighting, but I doubt she'd go right to the Ingi!" I say, hoping what I was saying was true. That seemed to calm most of the guys worries. At least for now.

Chen excused himself to the bathroom to clean up his bloody face. The rest of the boys and I just picked a topic out of thin air, and talked each other's ears off. We needed a distraction.

_______________________

No one's POV

Sara was fuming in Tao's car, not ignoring his attempts to start up conversation, but not encouraging or going along with them either. She responded with a yes or no when applicable, or stayed silent otherwise. Tao eventually gave up and just focused on driving.

Sara was having an internal battle with herself. She knew it was irrational, what she was doing and saying. But she couldn't stop comparing her friends to the Ingi. The Ingi were so... so cool, so smooth, so polite, so.... something. Something that the boys weren't, and the fact that they weren't bugged Sara endlessly, and it bugged her even more that it bugged her in the first place! She'd never been bothered by it before, and it shouldn't bother her now!

Tao was just mad. Mad at Chen for starting this, mad at Sora for a reason he couldn't quite pin down, mad at the Ingi for all sorts of reasons, mad at everything. Why did life all of a sudden have to get so difficult?

___________

It's short, and I know, but I have the block. I also have midterms coming up this week for school. I'm gonna be exhausted. But I will try.

Later folks!