Thirteen

He Can't be Human!

Sara's POV

I yanked open the front door to my house, and stormed inside. Don't cry, don't cry, don't you dare cry! I stomped up the stairs to my room, my face frozen in a mask of misplaced anger and sadness. I slammed the door to my room shut, threw my backpack onto my bed, and plopped down onto the mass of blankets I keep near my vent in the winter, so they'll be warm when I go to sleep.

Warm air surrounds me as I sink into the warm comforter. I curl up into a ball, and place my head near the vent. I can hear a conversation between my father and Tao, but it's distorted, echoey, through the vent.

"You're back early." My father commented. "Did she get her homework done?"

"No, sir," Tao answered. "She was trying to, but my friends were being very..... obnoxious... She couldn't concentrate, so I brought her home."

"Oh.... Well, thank you anyway!" My father said, and I could hear the smile in his voice. My parents loved Tao.

"You're welcome, sir!" Tao smiles as well, and the door opens, closes.

I held my head in my hands. This is not how things were supposed to work out. I'm supposed to be best friends with Tao, he and his friends are supposed to be the only people who have my number, and the Ingi were supposed to just sit in the back of the bus and never even look my way. I'm not supposed to be feeling this way. Whatever 'this way' is, because 'this way' is not normal. I don't like it. It's over complicating things.

I tried to sort through my feelings. For the Ingi, and for Tao and his friends. It was much more difficult than I thought to try and figure out what I felt for who. My head started hurting not five minutes into this fruitless excersize.

TAO'S POV

As I sit in the car, teeth chattering, waiting for the engine to warm up, I get a text. I know better than to hope for it to be Sara. I check my phone. I must be dreaming. It's from what's-his-face, the Ingi guy!

What would you say to moving up the date to the next day of school?

My fingers tap the keyboard with a bit more force than was necessary.

I'd say sounds good.

K then. After school. Wait by the East Bus Stop. By Building D.

See you there.

I take a screenshot of the exchange, and send it to my Luhan and Chen. Then I drive.

____________________

Oh my god. I'm so, so sorry. I really hate myself. This was supposed to be WAY longer, but I can't seem to write it. The next chapter WILL be longer, cuz it's gonna be the fight. Again, really sorry.