Eleven

He Can't be Human!

Luhan's POV

Standing outside Tao's door is a half frozen bottle. I pick it up, and shake it around, trying to determine what was in it. I couldn't see right in it because Jack Frost had paid a visit. I couldn't hear anything, but I doubted that someone had just dropped an empty bottle on Tao's doorstep. Speaking of....

I look around, but I can't see anything but white. Disconcerting, to say the least.

"Hey, Luhan, shut the door already! You're letting the cold air in!" Baekhyun shouted.

"Yeah, I'm bleeping freezing!" D.O. echoed. I step back inside, and shut the door. The cold bottle is starting to numb my hand.

The bottle is small, about the size of a perscription pill case, and is decorated by intricate patterns of ice, which were just starting to melt. It had no lid, but snow had covered the spout, leading me to believe that the whole thing was filled with snow. I walk back to the main room.

"Tao, did you order something?" I ask, standing under the arch of the doorway to the living room. Tao twists around to look at me. His eyes go to the bottle. He looks at me again, his eyes confused.

"No, I didn't order anything..." Tao answers. Everyone looks at me. Sara's eyes show a flicker of recognition. I give her a long stare, waiting. She looks away.

"What is it?" Lay asks, getting up and walking over to me, yanking the bottle out of my grasp. He takes it back to where he was sitting to show Sara. Sara pushes it away.

"It's dripping! I don't want to get all cold and wet!" Sara exclaims, leaning away from Lay. Lay laughs, and holds the now dripping bottle over Sara. She squeals, scrabling off the couch onto the floor. The boys all laugh, and continue to . I look at Tao out of the corner of my eye. He looks at me, before ever so slightly jerking his head to the side, to the kitchen. Then he gets up, and walks to the kitchen. I go to follow him, sighing. The boys have Sara in a sticky situation.

Four of them are holding Sara to the ground, five are tickling the outta her, and Lay is holding the dripping bottle above Sara's face. Everyone is laughing, but I'm not sure if those are tears down Sara's face or just water from the bottle. I'm not sure if I should intervene either.

I shrug, and continue out to the kitchen. Tao is opening the fridge, pulling out a jug of milk, and holding it out behind him for me to take. I take it, and turn to the cabinets, taking out a pair of glasses. And then Tao is next to me, with a spoon and a thing of chocolate syrup. Quietly, he says,

"Did you see that look on Sara's face?"

"You mean when she caught sight of the bottle? Yeah." I whisper back.

"What's up with that?"

"Not a clue."

"I'm not to sure about this." Tao whispers. "Any of it. The fight with the Ingi, the Ingi, any of it! Oh, the Ingi! What's your take on them?"

"I dunno, but something about them doesn't sit right with me...."

While we were having this conversation, we had made two glasses of chocolate milk. I take a sip, and am about to add something, when Sara lets out a piercing screech.

"GET OFF ME FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!! STOP!! STOP!!!" The boys continue laughing. Then, Sara just screeches, no words, just high pitched noise, and I hear Chen groan.

Tao and I look at each other, and share the annoyed parents look, before rushing back to the living room, our chocolate milks forgotten on the kitchen counter top.

In the living room, I see Sara, chest heaving, eyes bright with anger, hands clenched into fists, standing over Chen, who was splayed on his back on the floor, one hand on his nose. It came away bloody. Now Chen looked angry.

"What the hell, Sara?!" He shouted, springing to his feet in the manner of a gymnast. "What the hell was that for?!"

"I told you to stop! You guys wouldn't listen, just like always!" Sara snapped, throwing her hands in the air, as if ridding herself of this, and looks around for her school stuff. "I'll be going now, thank you!" She grabbed her stuff, and stormed out into the welcome room. Tao glared at the boys, and went to follow her.

I could just faintly hear their conversation.

"Sara, come on! You're over reacting!" Tao groans.

"Shut up! I hate this!" Sara sounded to be in near tears.

"You hate what?"

"This! All of it! Life!" Then, quietly, so quiet I had to strain to catch anything, "I don't know what to do anymore!"

I turn my attention to the group of boys around me. Some looked guilty, some looked hurt, and Chen looked enraged.

"She told you to stop! Why didn't you?" I ask them, Chen in particular. His head snaps to me, his eyes flashing.

"We were just joking around! We were having fun, but then she had to go and get her in a twist and ruin it!" Chen raged. He was obviously just pissed that he got hit, and wasn't thinking clearly. But I had done my job. The rest of the boys him.

"Chen, man, come on!" Xiumin scolded.

"Yeah, we were being a bit rough..." Chenyeol admitted. Chen's nostrils flared, and he crossed his arms, a drop of blood dripping onto the carpet. I tune back into Sara and Tao's conversation.

"Tao, just-- take me home. Please." Sara sounds tired.

"Sara, please, I... I just got you back...." I smirk. Tao is pulling out all his little manipulative tricks...

"No, I need to get my homework done, and you and your friends ain't helping!" Sara retorts. "We're still friends, Tao."

"Alright. Let's go." Tao sighs in defeat. Back to the conversation with Chen...

I turn to look at him, narrowing my eyes accusingly. "I hope you're happy. Sara's leaving." Everyone groans, and even Chen's angry face falters for a second. We all know what's happening. Sara is drifting away from us, and into the arms of the Ingi. None of us were happy about it.

"Maybe the fight will help?" D.O. says hopefully. "Maybe if we explain it, she'll not like the Ingi anymore?" Baekhyun snorts.

"Yeah, right. She'll probably get mad at us for fighting the Ingi in the first place, and then think we're trying to justify it and paint ourselves in the better light. She'd just run straight to the Ingi!" He runs through what we all knew was gonna happen.

"Why her though?" Suho asks. "Why her and why now?"

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

"The only reason I can come up with," Sehun says slowly, "is to get back at Tao." I get a sick feeling in my stomache. I was thinking the same thing. Except I was thinking, to get back at me.
____________________

Ok, I managed to update, even through the never-ending attacks of headaches and writers block! RAIN ME WITH COMMENTS AND LOVE!! Pwease? Hahahaa, yeah...

If y'all wouldn't mind, could you check out the story I co-author with BigBangAngel, Breaking Through? It's not getting a lot of views or comments, and something bad will happen if we don't get more comments.....

Ok, so please comment and subscribe and I will see you guys next time!

1386443698.gif