Blind Date Part.1

Until The Clock Strikes

Soo Ji 

Home

The rest of the day dragged on at work. Few people came in leaving the shop practically life less for the rest of the day. The absence of customers did give me a chance to think about Mister Handsome but that was far from what I wanted. I'm not the kind of person who just looks at someone and thinks "Hey, you're cute and I want to get to know you better." In fact, I'm the opposite. I avoid social situations like the plague and I have a tendency to not answer questions, choosing to daydream in my own world instead.

Soon enough the clock striked 5:00 pm and it was time to close the shop. The sunset provided a glow on the streets as I walked towards the bus stop. I was almost convinced that the entire city had been abandoned until I stepped onto the bus and was greeted by a mass amoung of people. All the seats were taken and it seemed every inch of space was taken up by a person standing. So I opted to stand by the bus driver. Nearing my stop I pulled the near by wire, alerting the driver to stop. Once it had came close to it , it abrubtly jolted to a stop sending some of the passengers forwards struggling to keep balance. I sighed as I walked out the front door, but not without thanking the bus driver for the ride first.

The air outside the bus had now turned cool and crisp. I inhaled the air deeply, the contrasting temperature tingling in my lungs. I continued down the road until I reached my apartment building. As I walked in I greeted the man at the front desk. Honestly, I've been living here for 5 years I should really know his name by now but I never took the time to ask. I continued through my usual routine heading towards the elevator and pressing the number 7. The elevator shut its doors and started to make its way up.

Ding

The elevator bell rang as its metallic doors slid open. I sauntered out and made my way to my apartment. A sense of belonging engulfed me as I stepped in through the door. 

"Hello?" I called out

Ah, right. Umma is at work and Oppa is at school. I reminded my self.  I closed the door behind me and walked into my room. Excitedly I plopped myself upon the bed and inhaled the scent of fresh laundry. 

"Ahhh~ I love the scent of laundry." I said to no one in particular.

I rolled over and stared at the ceiling. Thoughts of Mister Handsome began flooding into my head.

What was his name again? I asked myself. His friends said it a few times.

Kay? Kei? Kan? Case?

No, those aren't it. 

Ah! I remember! It was Kai wasn't it! I realized as I yawned.

Isn't it? I rolled over to my side. Drowsiness enveloping me before drifting sound asleep.

 

Mi Rae

Home

I continued to sip on my drink as I entered my house. Thoughts and ideas were flying through my head.

Finally! I thought to myself. It seems our Soo Ji is taking an interest in boys. I've been waiting years for this day! ... Okay maybe not years but definitely a long time. 

Exicitedly I ran into my bedroom shutting the door behind me. My hands scrambled to get a hold my laptop and stuggled to open it in my excitement.

Ahh. Here we go. I started to look through the list of profiles on my computer. Which one would be perfect for our Soo Ji-ah?

Carefully, I looked through each canidates profile. Looking at things such as their background, family history, past relationships, etc. In a way it seemed like a was a mother looking through profiles for her daughter at a dating agency.

No, too short.

Nah, too boring.

Uh uh! No! Definitely not up too our beautiful Soo Ji's level.

Hmmm.

Maybe.

"Ah! Yes! He's perfect!" I exclaimed.

Embarrased by my actions I covered my mouth and looked around for any evidence that I had been heard. After reassuring myself I hadn't I looked back at the profile. 

"Phone number... what's his phone number?" I muttered to myself tracing my finger along the contact line.

"Ah! Here it is!" I grabbed my phone and dialed the number.

"Okay, great! So that's at Cafe et Amour at 3:00 pm. Yeah. She'll be on her break, don't worry. Okay! Bye!" I hung up the phone my plan begining to be set into motion. There's only one thing left to do. Convince Soo Ji.

I pressed 3 on my speed dial instantly calling Soo Ji.

"Yeobosayo?" Soo Ji answered. Her voice slightly groggy.

"Soo Ji-ah! Did I wake you?"

"Huh, no its okay.. Is something wrong?" She asked her voice more alert.

"Ahhh, no~ But I have a surprise for you~" I began.

"A surprise? What kind of surprise?" she questioned.

"...A... Blind date!" I exclaimed a little too loud.

"Mi Rae! Why would you do that!" she scolded.

"Awww, please it'll be fun!" I coaxed.

"No. I don't want to. I don't have time to go anyway." 

"Pllllleeeeeaaasseee. For meee! Soo Ji-ah remember all the things I've done for you can't you do this tinsy wincy favour for me?" I played the guilt card. No response.

"Pretty pwease with a cherry ontop." I said pulling out the aegyo. She's defense less against my aegyo.

"Ah, fine. But only because you asked me to!" she finally gave in.

"Yay! Its tomorrow at Cafe et Amour at 3:00 pm! Wear something nice to work, kay?" I hung up before she had a chance to back out. 

Heh, great. Maybe now she'll actually interact with people. I smiled proud of myself.

 

Soo Ji

HOME

"Yay! Its tomorrow at Cafe et Amour at 3:00 pm! Wear something nice to work, kay?" Mi Rae hung up before I could protest.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My phone went to dial tone.

Really, this girl. She always does what she wants without asking others.

I looked back at my phone and ended the call. 8:27 the clock displayed on the screen. I sighed as I picked myself up.

Why did I give into her. Her aegyo is truly irrestable.

I shook my head slightly. I can't even imagine what other people think when they find out we're friends. I mean we're completely different. She's out going and social and I'm quite possibly the world's biggest introvert potato that lives in her own world.

I guess I can't back out now.

I rolled over and got off my bed, making my way to the kitchen. I plugged in the coffee maker and poured in the water. The strong scent that filled the room reminded me of the Americano Mister Handsome was sipping on earlier today.

Warmth began to prickle my cheeks as I could feel the rose colour spread over them

Deugeum Deugeum.

"Aish! Jinja! What's wrong with you." I yelled at the beating. Shortly after my eyes widened only to shrink again as I let our a roar of laughter. 

Ahh, there's no one home Soo Ji. Who are you talking to? I thought to myself a slight smile lingered.

I poured the coffee into my mug adding a sufficient amount of sugar and cream before making my way to the living room couch. I sat down on the plush material, that was the couch and the T.V. 

Ooh! Hello Counsiler! Maybe this will take things off my mind.

Time passed and the one show turned into a t.v marathon. Umma came home and started to make supper.

"How was work, honey?" she asked from the kitchen.

Oh, great I just got him out of my head and now this.

I opened my mouth to answer but before I could a flash came across umma's phone. A text. 

"This kid..." Worry was splashed across her face.

"What's wrong?" I turned around to face her.

"Your oppa decided it'd be a great idea to go drinking with his friends tonight." umma replied.

"He'll be fine!" I reassured her. "He's a university student, that's what they do."

A sigh was umma's reply.

"Don't worry, he'll get home safely. If he doesn't I'll go after him and kick his for you." I told her.

"Haha. Thanks, Soo Ji-ah  but that's umma's job." she laughed as she turned back to the food.

Umma and I ate dinner and shortly after Oppa came home. It was now 10:00pm and I took the lack of sunlight as a cue to go to sleep.

"Night!" I called into the hall before shutting my door and plopping back onto my bed drifting once again asleep.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hi, guys! That was chapter two part one! I'll try to post the next part by tomorrow. Maybe if you guys are lucky you might get it later today! I hope you guys are enjoying it so far! I know I haven't started the proper story yet but I wanted to set up some things before I did. ^^ If you liked this chapter be sure to let me know, comments and critisim is appreaciated! That's it! Bye, guys!