Childhood Memories

Until The Clock Strikes

 

Soo Ji

Mi Rae's House

Shortly after our little moment I stepped into the house and closed the door behind me. Mi Rae's house had hard wood flooring throughout the entire structure. Directly infront of me was a small pathway, once I reached the end it split into two paths. The right one leading to the living room, that was decorated in modern pieces and lit with wall length windows. Going forward from the living room was another pathway one the left the kitchen the right directly across the dining room. Further down that path it turned towards the right, the left side of the corridor having another room, this time an office. As I continued down the path it lead back to the otherside, as if I had entered the house and decided to go to the left instead of the right. If that were true, first what would be seen would be the family room that lead to another hallway with doors to the bedrooms. First the guest bedroom, then the master and finally Mi Rae's room. Adjacent to the guest bedroom was a powder room, and beside that the door to the basement. The Na family mostly used the basement as a storage area so I haven't gone down there but from Mi Rae's descriptions of it I wouldn't want to anyway. Dark and cluttered rooms aren't my thing.

Mi Rae had already made her way to her bedroom. I walked down the hallway and opened the door to join her. Her room was filled with bright colours, from the peach colour on the wall, the white furry rug on the ground, to the brightly coloured stuffed animals and cartoon characters that rested on the nearby book shelf.

Mi Rae was put a disk into the dvd player that was under the tv she had hung up on the wall.She sat on the couch across from it looked at me and patted the seat beside her. I walked towards her.

Was her room always so big? 

Not that it would surprising if it was given the size of the rest of the house. I sat don't with a little jump, causing my hair to fly up. In front of us was a glass coffee table with bowls holding chips,popcorn,and candy. I reached forward to grab a kernal of popcorn.

"What are we watching?"

She turned to look at me and smiled. "Look."

I turned my head to stare back at the screen before us. Flashes of pictures of us from when we were young until now went by accompanied by the odd video here and there. We spent the next hour and a half laughing at our ridiculous actions and style. 

"Oh my gosh. Can you believe some of the things we did?" I asked, laughing a bit.

"Come on, our adventure through "The Scary Dark Tunnel" was amazing." she chuckled.

We both burst out into laughter.

"It was wasn't it?" I manged to say inbetween a laugh.

After our trip down memory lane we decided to go to the kitchen to satsify our hunger. We walked into the kitchen. It was probably three times the size as my modest apartment kitchen at home.Marble counter boardered the walls, cabinents hung upon the wall. A large window was at the front, lighting up the room and pantry lay beside it. 

"What do you want to eat?" Mi Rae asked opening the stainless steal fridge and peeking her head inside, examining the contents.

"OOH! How about this!" She turned around holding a pie tin.

"Yum! Apple pie. Let's go for it!" I walked to the drawer and pulled out two forks. 

We sat down at the island began to pig out on the dessert. The sweetness dissolving onto our taste buds as we indulged in its richness.

Soon enough it was time I'd headed home. We said our goodbyes and I began to walk to the bus stop. The sun just begining to set caused a spectrum of colours across the evening sky.Once I got home I pounced onto my bed closing my eyes and began to go over the day's events. The only thing sticking was the memory of Kai pulled close to me.

I reached out into the air above me and began to trace his features. Starting with his sharp jawline, to his smooth lips, moving up to his expressive eyes and finishing with his silky black hair. I pulled my arm back down and sighed, staring and the cieling above. Soon after I drifted off to sleep.

Home-Cafe et Amour

Daylight broke earlier than I would've liked, my eyes squinted from the light. Once again I went through the steps of my daily routine.

Work went on as usual. Long periods of slow business followed by the rush hour in the morning. Now it was 4:30 a fairily peaceful time of day, the majority of the seats had occupants but very few customers continued to come in.

Kai

Home

After waking up I spent most of the day pacing around the house with my phone in my hand.

Should I go now? Or? Maybe its too early...

I countinued pacing around in a circle.

Wouldn't it be odd if I went on my own? Maybe I should call someone to go with me..

Absently mindly I walked into the living room.

Should I even go? I've been there twice in a row. What if she starts to think I'm some sort of creeper.

I looked out the window and into the garden.

Hmm... But it IS a cafe. People go there all the time,especially if its their favourite.But then again...

"Aiissh!" I turned away from the view and flopped down on to the couch. I rubbed the back of my head furiously, making a mess of my hair. "Ah! Who cares! I'll just go now!"

I glanced down at my phone. 4:20 was displayed on the screen.

I walked outside and briefly stopped infront of the garage.

Should I take the car?

I shook my head.

Nah, I wouldn't want to draw attention to myself.

Instead I decided to walk to the cafe which was conveinantly close by. As I walked in the chimes above rang.

"Ah, welcome~" Soo Ji looked up from the counter.

I walked over towards her.

"What can I get for you." she flashed her pearly whites.

"A mocha late."

"Alright!" She turned around.

I stood there staring at the back of her head, desperately wanting to say something.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hi guys~ Sorry for making you wait so long and the abrupt ending. I wanted to get this out so that there was an updated I'll continue in the next chapter or I might add on to this one later. Also, I'm aware the image has nothing to do with the story,its just that Luhan is to adorable not to use it. ^^Well that's it. I hope you enjoyed !Bye~