Don't Leave Me

Until The Clock Strikes

Kai

As we left the cafe sparks lingered on my fingers. I stared down at them the warmth from Soo Ji's waist still lingering. Something about that girl drew me to her. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It was frustrating I usually payed little attention to girls, I've gotten used to them being near me. Over time their presence seemed less and less important, almost like the ground beneath my feet that I took for granted. I put my hand down to my side and continued to walk forward with the guys. My mind still had Soo Ji's laughing face imprinted in it.

I don't even know the girl, yet I can't seem to get my mind off of her.

Kyungsoo saw me spacing out.

"What's wrong?" he looked at me one eye slightly above the other.

"Hmmm. Its nothing." I replied absent mindly, still staring at the space infront of me.

"You know what you did ..." his voice trailed off a bit as he tried to peice his sentence together. "Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Help that girl. I mean I know it was the right thing to do. If you hadn't stepped in I would've but you hate confrontations. So why would you risk something like that for someone you don't know?" he explained.

I turned to look at him. "Its like you said: It was the right thing to do." 

He looked at me suspiciously. After a moment he turned his head back towards the street that layed out infront of us. "Hmm"

We walked into the theatre and payed for our tickets. My sight was impared in the darkness of the theatre. Cautiously I took steps towards our seats at the front. Soon after the movie began and theatre filled with silence, giving me the opprotunity to think.

I thought about her. Her luscious brown hair that came down to her waist in smooth waves. Her eyes filled with innocence and liveliness. Her pink lips, almost like a doll's. Small and plump but in porpotion with her features. My head went through her features through the memory that lingered. Her skin was smooth, her laugh sweet like the caramel in the drinks she made. Someone who seemed so carefree, lively, warm-hearted, and innocent seemed to be a rarity these days. Her presence was a breathe of fresh air. The kind that once you inhaled it in it seems as if you've been born again in to a land of simplicity and richness. 

Soo Ji

I mouthed the unfamiliar word. My lips slightly awkward. I wanted her name to be familar. I had a sudden want to know her better.

What's her favourite flower. What her dreams are. What she loved to do. The good in her life and even the bad. I wanted to know it all. The want, no the need, to know her intensified as I continued to think about her.

Where does she go to school. Where does she live. I want to know those things.

Her secrets that she can't tell anyone, I want to be the one to get them out of her.

But why? Why did I feel such a strong connection to her? I thought hard. No answer came about.

Maybe its just curiosity That's all ir is, nothing more.. I reassured myself.

"Kai~" the sound was faint barely there.

"Kai." this time it travelled in one ear and out the other before I could process it.

"Yah! Kim JongIn!" 

I snapped out of my thought and turned towards the source of the sound.

Sehun looked at me, slight annoyance laced across his features. "The movie's over."

"Ah, sorry." I smiled at him, trying to win him over. "I must've zoned out."

The four of us made our way out of the dimly lit theatre.

"I loved the part when.." Chanyeol started raving about the film.

Soon enough he had summarized the whole movie. It was about giant robots fighting aliens to save the earth. Not really my kind of movie but Chanyeol seemed exhilarated from it.

Eunthusastically he waved his arms and made sound effects recreating a scene from the movie. I couldn't help smiling slightly at him.

We walked out the building and said our goodbyes before going our seperate ways.

With that I went home to relect on the events of the day and looking foreward to tomorrow.

Will she be there? Will I get the chance to talk to her. Should I talk to her.

I tossed and my bed the possiblites of what might happen consuming me.

A sigh escaped from my lips as I closed my eyes. "Let's just wait and see." shortly after I drifted into a deep slumber.

Soo Ji

After work I stopped by Mi Rae's house. Her house was huge compared to the apartment I live in. Painted a calming blue colour and decorated with scenic flowers the house was extremely inviting. Over the years its become somewhat of a second home. A place I can escape to if need of another world completely different from mine. I must admit a part of me was jelous of Mi Rae, she seemingly has it all. She's sweet, pretty, and comes from a good family. She's never had to work in her life and things just came naturally to her. How could like that exist? I honestly have no idea. But as I got to know her through the years I've learned it wasn't how it seemed. She leads on that everything is perfect than they actually are. Her parents argue alot. Honestly, I can empathize with her on that. My parents are the same when in the same room but unlike me she has to live in that enviroment, with her parents constantly bickering. I can tell by the way she talks sometimes that she thinks she's not good enough, no matter how much I try to convince her otherwise she doesn't believe.

"If I was, you'd trust me!" she yelled at me once during an arguement.

It hurt to hear those words come from . I care for her alot, I really do. She's one of the few people I actually have some trust in. Yet that doesn't seem to be enough for her. I get it though. She's practically told me everything about her. I can tell she trusts me with her life. I guess having that trust not be mutual hurts her.

"I'm sorry. Its not you. You shouldn't blame yourself."

I told her when trying to explain my reason for my lack of trust. She doesn't know why, I would tell her but a part of me is holding back. That sense of betrayal.. I don't want to go through that again not if I can prevent it.

I walked up the marble steps to the beautifuly carved glass door. Despite her parents bickering I've found her house of some sort of sanctuary. One where I felt at peace. I placed a finger on the round button.

Ding Dong Ding

Mi Rae came running towards the door, yanking it open once she came into reach. She grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry!" her voice wavered "I didn't know he was like that! I'm so sorry Soo Ji. I'm a horrible friend!"

I told her about the date over the phone as soon as I got off work. I didn't expect her to react like this.

"Don't leave me please. Don't." She burried her face deeper into my shoulder.

At first I was confused.

Why would I leave you?

But then I remembered that time when I almost left her.

Flashback:

I walked by the bathroom, the door was open and the sound of girls chattering could be heard.

"Ugh, that girl Soo Ji is so annoying." one girl complained whilst brushing her hair.

"I know right. She doesn't even talk to anyone. She must be so full of herself, really." Another responded.

The words didn't faze me. I was used to them by now. Their words were insignificant anyways, they didn't know who I am and why I am the way I am. My struggles, my pain. They knew of none of it, so their opinions were invalid.

At least that's what I thought.

I stood by the door as I heard more and more of them join in. 

How many are there? Don't they have something better to do. I rolled my eyes.

Then a sharp pain came rushing through my body as I heard a familiar voice.

" She doesn't even talk to me. I barely know anything about her." Mi Rae joined in.

"Aren't you her best friend or something?" one asked.

"I thought so..." Her voice trailed off.

"See, she's a total . She doesn't even talk to her "Best Friend" " another girl from within the room said.

"Why do you even bother with her? She isn't even that great." 

"Oh my god. Do you remember that time she presented in class and she kept of fumbling."

"Uh, ehm .err." one of them mocked.

Aren't you going to say anything. What? Do you agree? Is that it?

"Have you noticed, she hasn't been eating lately."

"Maybe she's annorexic."

They laughed in unison.

"Also, her eyes makes her look like a panda! Those dark circles!"

"Ugh, I know right the least she could do is use some concealer."

"What is she the Grinch? She never smiles. And she's always spacy. Its really weird."

The back of my eyes started to sting. Not because of the words said but the ones that weren't.

I rushed away from the door way my long strides turning into a jog and then into running. I made my up the stairs the the roof top.

I could feel streams of liquid flowing down onto my cheeks. I stared out onto the scenery infront of me trying to ignore them. My breath quickened and I struggled to regulate it. Soon enough my entire body was shaking. Everything that I held in me for the last 6 years came out. Unintentionally, I started to sob, I burried my face into my knees to muffle the sound. I didn't want anyone seeing me like this. It'd be humilating. Usually, I'd wait until I got home to cry but I couldn't keep it in this time. I was already having a hard time and this just made it worse.

I started to think about everything. The names I was called. The fact that Mi Rae didn't say anything and even joined in a bit. What happened with my dad. My parents' argueing. My brother's issues. My family life was a mess and I wasn't much better. I was expected to be the rock that everyone leaned on but the responsibility was taking a toll.

"Its bad enough you've never noticed when things were wrong. But now this!" the words spewed out inbetween sobs

"Didn't you know how much I want to give up and leave everything" more tears.

"Was i expecting too much?" followed by gasps for air.

After a while I calmed myself down. I stared at the sky for a while.

I wish I could go there. Maybe if I could fly.

I made my way to the edge of the building. 

Maybe from here?

I looked down. I moved one foot over the edge slightly.

Suddenly I heard the door burst open and foot steps come up from behind me.

"Are you going to help." I smiled a bit as the words came out.

"What are you doing!" Mi Rae yelled at me.

"What do you think?" I turned my head. "I'm going to fly."

"Are you stupid!" She shouted, tears forming in her eyes. "Are you insane!"

I laughed a bit at her response. "Why? Maybe I am? Why do you care."

"What do you mean? Of course I care, you're my best friend!" She stepped towards me.

I turned back around. Staring at the ground below.

"Hmm. Is that so?" I shifted my weight forward a bit.

"What? Of course it is! Now come one step away from the edge Soo Ji."

"Uh, but I don't want to." I pouted at her.

"Do you think this a game? Soo Ji come on!"

" I don't want to." I stared at her.

I turned around to take a step forward but was pulled back. A tight grip on my hand.

I fell back onto the cement scraping my knees a bit. The stinging sensation somehow bringing me back to my senses a bit.

Mi Rae pulled me into a hug, both of us on our knees.

"Please, please don't do that. Soo Ji you can't leave. I love you. You're my best friend. I need you." her words fired out of .

Hot tears welled up in my eyes and soon enough I was crying once again. The feeling of being defenseless was one I hated but in this situation I let the tears fall.

" I want to go. Mi Rae I wan't to go away. I don't like it here. I can't stand it!" My words were slightly muffled by the fact my head was nuzzled into the crook of her neck.

" You can't. Think of your future. Remeber you told me you wanted to be a pharmacist? Don't you want to live your dream? Don't you want to see all the good the world all the wonders you haven't seen?All the people you love that have and have yet to meet? How about your family.?Or me? You have so much to live for Soo Ji, please. Please don't do things like this. Please don't feel that way. You're not alone. I'm here for you. Please even if its a little trust me enough so that you don't have to struggle alone."

Her words truly touched me. I started cry even harder.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." was all that came out of my mouth.

There we sat crying in eachothers arms.

Present Day:

I regret doing that now, especially infront of her. She blamed herself but it really wasn't bacause of her. It was everything that lead up to that point. All the feelings I surpressed. They just all got overwhelming.

"Why would I ever do that?" I whispered. "I told you already I wasn't going to do that again."

Her weeping turned into sniffing, her grasp around was still tight.

"Plus, I wouldn't do that over some ert of a guy. I'd miss you too much." I smiled down at her.

"Good." she smiled and hugged me even tighter. "I'd miss you if you did, too"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hi guys! Sorry this took a while to get out. >.< Ah, this chapter got depressing fast didn't it? Sorry! I'll try to pick the mood back up. I just wanted you guys to start to get to know Soo Ji and her experiences a bit dspite her being so untrusting, The reason why will be revealed eventually, but we have a long way to go. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! ^^ Byeee~

 

 

P.S I didn't put a picture for this chapter because I felt it wouldn't really feel appropriate but next time I will!