The Beginning

Until The Clock Strikes

 

Kai

Cafe et Amour

I inhaled before I opened my mouth to speak.

"I didn't get the chance to introduce myself last time." I smiled at her as she turned around. "I'm JongIn. Kim, Jong.In."

She handed me the cup, smiling. "Soo Ji. Lee. Soo.Ji." she mimiced my manerism.

Just as I was about to carry on the conversation another customer walked in. I took it as a sign to leave the counter with my drink.

At least its a start. I reassured myself, running my fingers through my hair. 

Instead of waiting around for her I decided to leave.

Might as well leave a little mystery. I thought to myself smilig, a bit as I walked back home.

Mi Rae

Cafe et Amour

It was nearing the end of summer only two more weeks remaining. Everyday I went to the cafe to see Soo Ji but I wasn't the only one. 

"Hey," I started as I turned to Soo Ji. My chin resting on my hand, proppted up on the counter. "Who's that guy who comes all the time?"

"Who?" she raised an eyebrow.

"You know~ That guy who we saw earlier in the summer with his friends and you pratically gawked at him the entire time."

"Yah, Na Mi Rae. How many times do I have to tell you! I didn't gawk!" she retorted.

"Mmmhmm. Sure." I teased a bit. "So! Do you know his name. I mean he's been coming here for weeks!"

"Well..." she started. "That's the odd thing. He said his name was JongIn but..." her voice trailed off.

"But what?"

"His friends called him Kai. So I'm not sure." she looked up from the cash register.

The chimes rang. In came in the tall man with, if I do say so myself, excellent bone structure.

"Speak of the devil." I turned around.

Kai or well I guess JongIn, err, what's his name walked up to the counter.

"I'll have the usual please!" He smiled brightly, his cold outershell seemed to have fade over the last couple of days.

"One Americano coming right up!" Soo Ji smiled and got straight to work, humming while doing so.

I smirked a bit at the two's interactions and how they had developed. At first Kai would walk in everyday and would blantantly state his order after briefly consulting the menu above. As the weeks passed he had ended up trying everything on the menu.

I've never seen some one go through a list of 40+ drinks and try them all within the time span of three weeks. How's that even possible.

As time progressed his cold orders started to warm up. Almost as if the more drinks he tried the more brighter he got. He went from "Mocha Latte" to "Orange juice,please." followed by a small smile to the degree of today's order. Asking for the usual and smiling brightly at Soo Ji.

"Ah, here you go!' Soo Ji passed the drink to him.

He smiled graciously, "Thank you." he said and made his way to his new found "usual" table.

It sure seems like something is going on between the two of them. Its odd though, they never exchange anything more than pleasantries. 

"I guess you won't miss me next week." I pouted.

"What? Of course I will!" she protested.

"No.. I don't think so. Not with Mister Handsome around all the time." I looked up at her giving her a cheeky grin.

She pressed her lips into a firm line. "Aish! You had me going for a minute! I thought you were really upset!'

"I'm not now! But if you don't tell the results of your scholarship I will be!" I exclaimed. "They come out next week and even though I'm going to be on vacation you have to call me as soon as you find out!" 

"Hmm. Nah! I don't think I will."

A look of betrayal flashed across my face and I began to pout slightly.

"Of course I will, pabo!' she pushed me lightly against the shoulder. "That was my revenge for your little trick!"

"You better! Or else I'm going to be really mad at you!" I shook a fist at her.

She laughed in response.

"Well, I still have packing to do! So I'll be going now~ Try not to miss me too much, 'kay~" I winked as I left out the door.

It looks like I have some information to gather.

Soo Ji

Home

The week went by and Kai continued to come to the cafe everyday except for this week. Mysteriously he had stopped coming. With his absence it felt almost like something was missing from the cafe.

Its not like you expected him to be there all the time ,right? I asked myself

Or that he'd even come back. Who knows, maybe he was only here for the summer.

I felt a slight tugging at my heart. I couldn't deny that I felt I had a feeling of lost opportunity.

Well, there's nothing I can do about it! Cheer up! Ah, Mi Rae said she'd get me something from her trip!

The thought of Mi Rae reminded me of the results of the scholarship.

"Ah! Its posted today isn't it!" I yelled.

I ran intoo the living room where my laptop was charging. I flung the top open and typed in my password. Immediately I went to check my emails.

Empire High Scholarship Results

The title of the email read. My hands began to shake as I moved the mouse towards the link.

Deugeum Deugeum

My hearted started to pound. I took in a deep breath, holding it in as I clicked on. Before the page could load I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes slowly, unsure if I wanted to see the results. Through the small gap between my eyelids I could see the letter "S". I opened them fully.

I sat there my eyes wide open and my jaw went slack.

Is this real? Is this a mistake?

I looked back at the email again. My eyes focusing on the result.

Congratulations Lee Soo Ji! You've been accepted into Empire High on a full scholarship.

The email read. I couldn't believe my eyes. A smile grew across my face as I shrieked in excitement. My hands reached for my phone as I dialed Mi Rae's number the reality of it all set in.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hi guys! Two updates in one day! Wow! Hopefully this makes up for the time in between the last two chapters. I know both are short and have few KaixSoo Ji interactions but now the real story at school begins! Ah! I've been waiting to get to this point! I can assure you a lot more sweet moments are ahead. Well that's it for now! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!