Don't Be

Shadow Academy: The Secret of Birth

Everyone gathered back to their own villa and have a BBQ dinner with their friends. P-Goon clapped his hand and gathered everyone, he smiled and pick up a can of beer, "Everyone did well today. I hope that everyone is fine after a long tough day of training. It is time to enjoy now! Tomorrow will be a tougher day. Cheers!" 

 

Everyone raised up their can into the air for cheers and echo rang  across villa 1. P-Goon smiled and walked over to his friend, he placed his arm around Ho Joon who was sulking all the way since he came back, "What's wrong with you?"  

 

Yano laughed and says, "Jin Ah have been ignoring him since they came back from training." Ho Joon glazed at him and hissed, "Shut up. Do you want me to spit out the news of you being fool by Yoonmi and ended up in a pool of ?"  

 

Yano frowned and says, "Please. Not that," the rest of them laughed. Sangdo gave a light push to Ho Joon and smirked, "She's right over there," he looked over and saw Jin Ah laughing happily with Haneul and Subin 

 

He cleared his throat and walked over to them. Three of them look up to him and he says, "I... I-" 

 

Subin chuckled and link her arm over Haneul "I'm tired, Haneul. Do you mind accompanying me till I fall asleep? We could play some mobile game too." Haneul laughed and clenched her stomach, "Unnie! Since when do you need someone to accompany you to sleep?"  

 

Subin cursed and says to Haneul, "Just a lie! Let them have some time alone," Haneul sweat dropped and says, "Alright! Let's go!"   

 

"Y-YAH!" Jin Ah yelled at her friend but they were laughing as they walked off to the villa. "Geez.." Jin Ah pouted and turned to Ho Joon, "What is it about?"  Ho Joon gave her a silly smile and says, "I'm sorry about what happen in the afternoon," he placed his hand together and bend his back lower, "Please forgive me!"  

 

There was a few minute of silent before he heard Jin Ah laughed, he looks up to her and she wiped her tears off from her eyes, "You're so funny. Alright, I will forgive you. Don't do it again, okay?"  

 

Ho Joon grinned and hug her tightly, "Promise," She hug him back and turned her head to found B-Joo looking at them while leaning against a tree. He smiled at her and gave her a small bow before walking off into the villa. Jin Ah pulled away from Ho Joon and says, "I'm quite tired so I'm going back to the room first. See you on tomorrow." 

 

"Jin ah!" Ho Joon reached out his hand to pull her back but she was already running into the main door of villa 1. He sighed and slowly put his hand back to his side, he looked up when he felt someone gave him a light pat on his shoulder.  

 

"It is okay. Try harder," Hansol said. Ho Joon frowned and says, "How do you-"  Hansol shrugged and says, "I know everything. Don't let her go if you like her," he took a deep breathe of the fresh air and walked off.  

 

 

Subin closed the door behind her and jumped onto her big soft bed, "This is great!" Haneul gave her a curiosity face and looked around Subin's room, "Oh my gosh, your room are so much bigger than mine!"  

 

Subin sat up with a surprised face, "Really?" This time she took her own sweet time and looks around the room. Most of the furniture is in white and there is a slight autumn smell. Haneul sat on Subin's bed and says, "Is your shoulder okay?" Subin touch her wound and smiled, "Yeah. This wound won't kill me," Haneul looked at her in worries, "But you are looking pale."  

 

Subin chuckled and took out her stele, "Do you want some cool runes?" Haneul's eyes widen in shock and grabbed Subin's shoulder, "You have memories of the symbol of rune?" Subin shook her head sadly, "I can only remember some of it. So do you want it?" 

 

Haneul nodded her head, "Anything that you think is suitable for me," Subin nodded her head and took Haneul arm, "I will be tattoo-ing it on your fore arm, bear with the pain. You can take this if you are scare." She gave her soft toy to Haneul to hug it.  

 

Pale white light lighten up from the stele as  Subin carefully drew the symbols on Haneul's forearm. Haneul watched with opened slightly, "This is awesome," Subin nodded her head and says, "Done,"  Haneul raised her hand and took a closer look at the rune scar, "Will this be gone after a few day?" Subin shook her head, "No, it will always be there. This runes is called as Agility. This will enable a shadow hunter to react quickly in any situation."  

 

"Daebak! What is this?" She pointed to one of the rune on Subin collarbone, Subin smile widen and says, "This is Fearless. Isn't it beautiful?" Haneul nodded her head. There is a sudden nod at the door, both of them looked up and saw  A-Tom and Xero standing at the doorway.  

 

"Oh! Sang Gyun, why are you here? Subin asked. A-Tom walked over and say, "The both of you didn't have your dinner so I brought it up for you," he placed his hand on Subin's forehead, "Are you feeling better?" She nodded her head.  

 

  "Stele?" he asked. Xero looked over to them from his bed by the mention of it. Subin nodded her head, "Yeah, I found it in a old church in the academy."  

 

Haneul show her forearm to A-Tom and exclaimed, "Unnie drew it on for me! Isn't it amazing?" Xero walked over to them and say, "Agility." 

 

Subin look up to him and nodded her head, "Yes, this rune is calls Agility. It will enable a shadow hunter to react two times faster than the others shadow hunter." 

 

"Xero, how do you know the name of it?" A-Tom asked in curiosityXero frowned and says, "Someone... told me before." 

"Someone?" Haneul asked. He nodded and says, "Someone,"  

 

 

 

"Hey," Jin Ah called out to B-Joo who was looking out at the window. He turned to her and says, "Hey."  JinAh rubbed her arm as she approached him, "Are you okay?" 

 

"Why do you ask that?" He asked, she shook her head and says, "I just got that feeling that you're not in a good mood." He smiled and held his hand out to her, "Come here." She looked at him with a second thought, he chuckled and held her hand in his leading her to the window.  

 

"Look," he pointed to the sky that was filled with star. Jin Ah turned to him with a wide smile, "It is beautiful," he nodded his head and gently hugged her from the back. She gasped and turned to him, "What are you doing?"  He decided not to answers her and place his head on her shoulder. She looked down onto the ground with a second thoughts of his relationship with Rose. She knew that she was having a crush on him when she first met him. She knew that she shouldn't be doing this but she just want to be in his arm for just a second. 

 

"B-Joo, are you really okay?" She asked. He nodded his head and says, "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, just let me dream for a moments."  

 

 

"Where is the rest?Rion asked Yoonmi who was busy with her dinner. She replied Rion with a mouthful of food, "I think they went to bed,"  Rion shook her head and sat down opposite Yoonmi and says, "You don't look like a girl when you're eating ya,"

 

 Yoonmi rolled her eyes and says, "I don't care. I'm not trying to impress anyone anyway." 

 

"Hey Rion!" Seogoong called out. She turned to him with a smile, "Yes?" Seogoong pointed to SangdoHansol, Yano and himself, "You girls wanna go night hunting with us?"  

 

Yoonmi cleaned and stood up, "Let's go." She start walking toward the forest and stopped in her track when the rest was standing at their original place, "What are you guys waiting for? X'mas eve?"  

 

"Where are you going?" Rion asked as she stood beside Seogoong who has his arm around her. Yoonmi swings her demon sword and says, "OFF TO THE WOODS. Let's go guys,"  

 

Sangdo nudge Yano and says, "Now I know why are you so afraid of this women." Yano rolled his eyes, "I'm glad that you know this," 

 

 

Subin toss and turn in her sleep, she opened her eye and sat up with cold sweat on her forehead, she ran her hand through her hair. She touched her wound and cries in pain, she bite her lower lip in order not to let her cries escape . She lean her head again the boardhead, 'Mom, I miss you,'  

 

She unlock her phone and a wallpaper of her family smiling back to her. She promised that she will be back to see her mom but she haven't had the chance to do so ever since she entered this school. She looked out of the window and the weather is nice, she grabbed her weapon and coat.

 

She looked at Xero, who was sound asleep at the other side of the room. She have the sudden urge of being friend with him for at least once.  She walked over to his bed side and sat down, she couldn't figure out how could someone like him be so mean when he is awake. She pat his head and brush some hair out of his eye, "I'll be back. Let's try to get along with each other from then," she stood up and rushed out of the room without knowing that he is not asleep. 

 

He sat up and frowned, "Where is she going in the middle of the night," he shook his head and went back to bed, "None of my business." 

 

 

Subin knocked on Jin Ah's door but there is no answers. She check her watch and it was already 3.01am in the morning. She sighed and thought, 'No one will be awake at this time,' and she decided to go alone.  She text Jin Ah and A-Tom that she will be back before the morning gathering and asking them not to worry about her. 

 

'I still have 4 hour to be in time for morning gathering,' she opened the wooden door and cold breeze brush against her skin as she shivered in cold. The coldness sent chill to her spin, she stepped out and ran as fast as any hunter to the mundane world and back to her home.  

 

 

P-Goon stare at his hand after he receive a call from Mr Han regrading his marriage arrangement. He lay back on his bed and cover his eye with his arm, "How could I do this.."  

 

P-Goon sat on his bed and found out that Mr Han had called him 10 time while he was showering. He frowned and wonder if there is anything that happen in the mundane world that request his help. He dialed his number and Mr Chu by currently famous mundane girls group in Seoul, A-Pink, was playing on the background. He rolled his eye and laid back on his bed while waiting for Mr Han to pick up.  

 

"You're finally calling back," Mr Han said, "I have something important to talk to you about."  

 

P-Goon closed his eyes and groaned, "Go ahead Mr Han. Must be about the mundane world, right?" Mr Han shook his head in the line and says, "It isn't. It is about your arrange marriage you had when you're young."  

 

"Thanks for your reminder, Mr Han. I would have forgotten it if you didn't mention it," P-Goon said. Mr Han laughed and said, "Do you even know who is your going to be your wife?"  

 

"Obviously no, but what with the sudden mention of it?" P-Goon says as he looked as Victoria entered the room. He smiled to her and she bow her head in return. She took her shower bag and head to the bathroom as Mr Han contiune with his talking.  

 

Mr Han chuckled and it was obvious that he was smiling as if he just won a lottery over the line, "And I'm here to tell you our Victoria is your wife." P-Goon sat up in surprise and shouted, "What?"  

 

"I'm saying that Victoria is going to be your wife. Your family have already came into an agreement when you both of you are still young. It had being kept from the both of you until the time is up, and Victoria's parent are no longer around, I will be the one telling both of you," Mr Han said. 

 

P-Goon ran his hand through his hair and says, "Does she know?"  

 

"I will be telling her soon," Mr Han said. 

 

"But Mr Han.. She is in a relationship with..." P-Goon says but Mr Han says, "I know but an agreement is still an agreement. So that's all. See you all back in school." With that Mr Han hanged up the call and P-Goon stared at his phone in daze.  

 

P-Goon looked over to Victoria who was sound asleep on the bed, he stood up and left the room in hope of getting some morning fresh air. He need to clear his mind and get all the things sort out. 

 

 

Subin pulled her hood over her head as she took the train back to Seoul. She looked out of the window and sighed, she was always hoping to stay in the mundane world but things had change and nothing is going to be the fine anymore. With her thoughts drifting off to somewhere, the train speakers announced that they have reach Seoul and this will be the last station. She got off and start running toward her house.  

 

She stopped in her track when she heard a scream from a distance, she looked around and followed the screams of a women. It leads her to a back alley that was near to her house, she peeked behind the wall and saw a vampire that was preparing to attack the women that was in front of her. Subin raised  her hand and a light blue fire form on her hand, "Freeze."  

 

The vampire stopped in his track against the crook of the women neck, Subin clenched her fist and the vampire crashed into pieces in front of the women eyes. The women screamed at the top of her lung and fell onto the ground. Subin came out from where she's hiding and went over to that women, placing her hand on that women's head, she says, "You will be fine now. You will not remember anything from earlier once I left this place," green light form and that women calmed down and closed her eye.  

 

 

The beam of the sunlight shine into the bedroom and caused Jin Ah to stir in her sleep. She was about to get up when she felt a strong arm around her waist, she looked back and saw B-Joo hugging her closer to him. She sighed as she remember that she was comforting him to sleep when he cries out of a sudden last night but she ended up falling asleep. 

 

She moved his arm away from her arm, he groaned and turned to the other side of the bed. She looked at him and gentle says, "I'm sorry," she got off the bed and went into the bathroom with her shower bag.  

 

B-Joo opened his eye and says, "Don't be."