Goodbye _ _ _ _

♂ The Boys ♂

(Kim MiYeon - You)

So sudden. So unexpected. So... Weird.

The 12 most wanted, unique boys at school liked me, the most plain and average girl. No one I knew had a crush on me before. So it was surprising.

I didn't eat much dinner at home, and went into my room. I wrote slowly in my notebook.

I would go with a kind of point system. I wouldn't solely base my decision on it, the decision would be up to my heart, but I would make this small chart just so see their personalities and how much they could help me.

Every time they did a good deed for me or for someone else, I would put a star by their name.

It seemed silly, but not as weird as 12 guys suddenly confessing to me. That was like... Whoa. Just the emotion of it was indescribable.

The next day, as I stepped out of my door, Baekhyun caught up to me and handed me a hot chocolate. 

"Thanks, Baek," I said. I didn't want it to be uncomfortable between us. After all, we were close neighbors.

"Anytime," he replied. We walked in silence for a while, until he spoke up.

"MiYeon?" he said. I looked up in acknowledgement.

"Can we see each other more often now? Or walk home from school together?" Baekhyun asked. I couldn't reply for a while, until I said, "As long as it's not awkward."

"I hope not," he responded, smiling as his mouth turned into a square-ish shape. I reminded myself to star Baekhyun for getting me a hot chocolate.

When I got to school and went into biology, I saw Chen waiting for me and waving. I waved back as I sat down near him and started to discuss our project a bit more. We would make an online presentation including a short video and graphics explaining the full process of reproduction. Reproduction was a bit of an awkward unit, but we had to learn it.

When I dropped my book suddenly, Chen immediately bent down to pick it up, and I thanked him. There was a star.

As the day ended, I had an intense cheer leading practice afterschool. I changed into my uniform and ran out to the field, stretching with the others. I ran in my head who from EXO was a football player. Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun, Kris, Luhan and Lay.

Six members of EXO. I ripped out the page of my notebook with the chart. The point system wasn't going to work. I sighed as I ran onto the football field for practice. When we were all sweating, out of breath and dead tired, the football players, again, came to visit us. The girls all fixed themselves up to look nicer except for me. I just wanted to rest, and stayed lying on the ground. I closed my eyes as I heard sounds, then it was silent. I opened my eyes, and in shock, saw a face just mere centimeters away from mine. I quickly slid away as I hide my shock, but it was no use. People laughed at me, but in a friendly way, so I didn't mind. 

"Hi Chanyeol," I said, waving. He smiled gleefully and waved back. The 5 other EXO members present seemed a bit upset that they didn't get a greeting, but I would greet who I thought deserved to be greeted.

"Hello Lay, Luhan, Sehun. It's nice to see you again," I said truthfully. Kai scoffed and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me in until our lips were about to touch.

"Don't be like that," he said, the smell of his mint breath wafting into my nose. "I know you find me attractive."

"Thtop," Sehun said, holding my hand and pulling me away from Kai.

"When has 'Thehun' gotten 'tho' talkative? You 'uthually' don't 'thay' a word, 'Thehun'," Kai mocked. 

Kris shook his head and laughed at Kai's crude humor. "Nice one, Kai. That 'wath' a 'fantathtic' 'imprethion'."

"Don't make fun of him!" I exclaimed. "How dare you!"

"Yeah, just stop it guys," Lay said, trying to make peace. "The girls need to practice." I shot Lay a thankful look before he and the rest of the players walked off. 

"th-that was..." Jessica started to say. "Wow. Are you okay, MiYeon?" she asked. I nodded and faked a bright smile. "Let'a go! The game is tomorrow! Lay said we need to practice, but shouldn't we save our energy?"

"You're right. Let's end practice here. Good luck tomorrow girls!" Victoria dismissed. 

When I got home, I pulled out my notebook again. I wrote down all of EXO's names, and decided I would need to say goodbye one by one.

Obviosuly, the one to cross off first was Kai. He was rude, overconfident and too full of himself. I brought my pencil above his name and wanted to cross his name off, but my hand just wouldn't let the pencil do that.

'Come on, just cross it off and be done with it,' I thought. I tried bringing the pencil to the paper again, but my hand refused to move. Did this mean... I wanted to keep Kai? Ugh... I couldn't. My mind must have been playing tricks.

Just something about his confidence, the way he swept me into his arms so easily... NO. NO THOUGHTS ABOUT KAI. Why was I so stupid?

Sadly, I at last decided to cross of Suho. He was perfect yes. He had everything... But maybe too much of it? Or maybe it was because I felt pressured that my mom wanted me to date him? It just didn't feel right... So unfortunately, Suho's name left my list that night. I wondered who would go next.