Good news and bad chances

You and I

Three Years Later, April

Yunho and Jaejoong were walking back to their apartment along the Han River after a nice dinner-and-movie date, the first in a long time. Changmin and Tiffany had offered to take care of Ha Eun for a night, to give her parents some couple time, as they would do for each other on occasion. Ha Eun had been very excited to have a sleepover with her cousin, a cute boy named Donghae, who always followed his cousin-noona around, looking at her with sparkling bright eyes full of adoration.

As they returned to the apartment, they had barely stepped out of their shoes when Jaejoong reached up and placed a soft kiss on his husband's lips. Yunho was quick to reciprocate the kiss, and for a small eternity, they forgot about the world, only aware of the other's warmth, and how their bodies were tenderly connected in the slow kiss. When their lips parted, they leaned their foreheads together, intertwining their fingers.

- I love you so much, Yunho said, amazed by how intensely he felt.

- And I you, Jaejoong smiled. He didn't have any words for how he felt at this precise moment, but he knew he wanted it to last forever.

heartofhearts.jpg

Three weeks later, Yunho rose early, woken by the rumbling of his stomach. Wanting to let his husband sleep a little more, he quietly got up to make breakfast. As he stood over the wok-pan that contained the vegetables, he smiled as the memories of last night's slow and tender love-making came back to him. His smile still lingered on his lips when he turned around to see a yawning Jaejoong walk into the kitchen.

- Morning, Jaejoong said softly, his voice cracking a little due to sleepiness.

- Morning, sweetie, Yunho replied, kissing Jaejoong's forehead.

As they ate their breakfast, Yunho couldn't help but notice how peaceful Jaejoong seemed. Not that he wasn't always, but this morning he was practically glowing. Come to think of it, he had been like this since their impromptu date-night a couple of weeks ago. The that night had been amazing, lust and love taking over them completely... Yunho realised where his thoughts were heading and he quickly pushed them away. He didn't want to turn this moment into something ual. It was perfect the way it was.

- You look really nice and harmonious today, honey. Was I really that good last night? he asked jokingly.

- Can't say, Jaejoong said with a teasing undertone. - I think we'll have to try again, to really be sure.

- Yeah?

- Yeah. Jaejoong bit his bottom lip seductively. - Just... after I... oh, god...

As Jaejoong emptied his stomach contents into the kitchen sink, Yunho remembered a similar incident almost four years ago.

- Jae... he said while the named man rinsed his mouth.

- Hm?

- This is just like how you were when you were pregnant with Eun-ie... You don't think...?

- Don't know... I mean, there's nothing I'd want more, but Chaerin-sshi said that the chance of me getting pregnant again was like 2% or something like that...

- Yeah, well, no one thought you'd get pregnant the first time either, and yet here we are, Yunho said with a smile. After three years he still hadn't got used to the immense happiness that their daughter brought him.

heartofhearts.jpg

The following day, Jaejoong and Yunho found themselves in Chaerin's office once again, doing another ultrasound. The only difference this time was that Ha Eun was with them, sitting in Yunho's lap while playing with the Pororo toy she always carried around.

- Well, that's a baby alright, Chaerin told the couple, who looked at each other and smiled.

- When will it be due? Yunho asked.

- Around January 12th next year, but...

- But what? Jaejoong asked. He didn't like the serious tone Chaerin suddenly used.

- Do you remember what I told you last time? About the low probability of a second pregnancy?

- Yeah...

- Well, that's not only due to statistics. Since you're a man, the pregnancy put a lot more severe strain on your body that it does on a woman, and basically if you don't have a heart attack from the changes in blood pressure, then there is a risk of miscarriage due to problems that come with a severely weakened uterus. To tell you the truth, there is a risk of the c-section scar opening up, or the uterus even rupturing completely, which can kill both you and the baby. Because of this, I want to advice you, as harsh as it may sound, to consider ending the pregnancy before it gets too dangerous. You don't have to make a rushed decision — and you definitely shouldn't —, but you should be absolutely certain that you want to risk it.

- We'll do that, Yunho said, feeling as if someone had thrown a bucket of ice water over him.

The car ride home was quiet, as both Jaejoong and Yunho were lost in their own thoughts. Even the motor mouth Ha Eun was uncharacteristically quiet, as if she knew that her parents needed some time to think.


Before they went to bed, Yunho and Jaejoong quietly opened the door to Ha Eun's room, and for a moment, they just stood in the opening, admiring their daughter.

- What should we do? Jaejoong asked, whispering to avoid waking the girl.

- I don't know. I really don't, Yunho said, hugging his husband, both to give the latter strength and to receive some strength from him back.


A/N

I'm back!

For those of you who are missing fluffy family scenes, don't worry. They will come.

About the chap:

Changmin and Tiffany become parents to the child version of SuJu's Donghae, because I think he's completely adorable in his childhood pics

Also Jaejoong and Yunho face a huge decision

What will they do?

As always: please comment and tell me what you think ^3^