Ha Eun's Prayer

You and I

- What do we have left? Yunho asked as he handed Jaejoong the requested cup of tea, where he sat in a small sofa in the baby room with Ha Eun in his arms, the small table in front of him filled with planning material for the naming ceremony.

- Making the invitations and planning the food, Jaejoong answered, checking his mental list. He handed Ha Eun over to Yunho, who, after about five weeks, still couldn't believe that he was holding his daughter. Smiling softly at the sight of his amazing husband and their beautiful daughter, Jaejoong left the room for a minute. When he came back, he was holding the pretty box that usually stood on the drawer in their bedroom, the box that contained Jaejoong's most precious treasures, the box that even Yunho didn't get to look in without permission, no matter how curious he got.

Jaejoong sat down again, opened the box and rummaged a bit, until he found what he was looking for. It wasn't anything impressive, just a page from a notebook, folded carefully. Jaejoong unfolded the note and handed it to Yunho, who read it carefully. It seemed to be some kind of prayer, written by Jaejoong's hand.

Please let the words that we say
Not be an evil smell
But rather with fragrant words
Let us leave fragrant echoes

Please let all our words be ones
That plant seeds in our neighbours' hearts
To become flowers of joy
And let it become a song of peace
Little by little,
Making the world a brighter place

Please do not let us speak of
Gossip and rumours that help no one
And with clean hearts
Let us hear clean words

Please let me speak of loving words
With a loving heart
Not to think of myself first,
But instead put myself in the other person's shoes

And let me speak positive words
With a positive heart
To look at my good points
Instead of the bad points

As if giving the water of sincerity
To care for just one bud of an orchid everyday
Let us clear our words
With the clean water of wisdom
That we've retrieved
From the spring of our prayer and silence

Please let us engulf ourselves
In the fragrance of humbleness
Deep inside our hearts

- This is so beautiful, sweetie. What is it?

- Ha Eun's prayer. The night after we found out that I was pregnant, I woke up for some reason, and I couldn't go back to sleep because this was spinning in my head. I thought maybe we could read it at the naming ceremony.

- We definitely should. It would be perfect. Yunho said, smiling at Jaejoong who snuggled close to his husband, gently the baby's head where she lay on Yunho's chest, listening to her father's heartbeat.

heartofhearts.jpg

Two weeks later, the Jung/Kim home was filled with friends and family invited for the naming ceremony. The ritual itself was quite short, but just as beautiful as the parents had hoped it would be. Everyone had loved the prayer, which had been read out with the help of Ha Eun's three godfathers Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu. It was followed by the buffet which Jaejoong had prepared with the help of Tiffany, who became Ha Eun's godmother during the ceremony, and Jinri. The three husbands were banned from the kitchen for various reasons: Yunho because he couldn't cook to save his life, Changmin because he would end up eating everything, and Minho because he couldn't make anything more complicated than kimchi fried rice.

- Tiffany, let me help you carry that, Changmin said, rushing up to his wife to help her put out the last tray of food. The sudden eagerness to help out surprised Jaejoong and Yunho, who looked at him with an amused expression.

- Well, she is pregnant, he retorted with happiness in his voice.

- Oh my god, that's great! Jaejoong and Yunho exclaimed in chorus, hugging their sister-in-law before being shooed away by mothers who would have wanted the first hug, had they been near enough to beat Yunjae to the parents-to-be.

- Yeah, well, when you told us your news, we started wanting a little one of our own, Tiffany smiled.

- When are you due? Yunho asked.

- Around Christmas, Changmin beamed, unable to contain his pride and joy.


A/N

Back with a new chapter (very short, but still) ^^

I wasn't planning on updating so soon, since I have tons of other fics waiting for me, but my babyfeels have been running high for a couple of days, so I figured I'd do sth about it

About the chap:

Jaejoong's treasure box looks like this:

Just had to show you because I think it's so beautiful ^^

Ha Eun's prayer is actually the one by DBSK from 2004

You can hear them read it here:

I just felt it fit perfectly (credit to asiantintin for making the video)

All of DBSK (along with Tiffany) become Ha Eun's godparents, making them all a big happy family

Speaking of happy families, Ha Eun will get a cousin for Christmas

Will it be a boy or a girl? What do you think? Tell me in the comments ^3^

Until next time: please comment and upvote