ix.

Yellow Pages

For the second battle, they’re assigned to cover Justin Bieber’s famous Baby that topped music charts for weeks. But that’s not the only thing the President had given them, both teams are given another mission, something out of the blue—to self-compose a song.

 

(Dancing is already a given.)

 

 

 

 

Covering Justin Bieber’s Baby and creating the perfect dance choreography were okay; they had it covered. But self-composing a song was another story.

 

Both Hanbin and Bobby are cooped up inside a small room to start making the melody and the arrangements. They can work on the lyrics later.

 

But the thing is Hanbin’s a little distracted right now and there aren’t much new and fresh ideas coming inside his mind. Though a couple of hours later, they’ve constructed a song to which they consider as a winning kind of song. Like consecutively winning stuff and such.

 

It's lame and a little hmm but Hanbin can’t think of anything else. There’s such limited time left before the second battle comes around.

 

 

 

 

A day left before the battle, Hanbin receives his worst nightmare yet: they are to modify the lyrics. The president wanted something with more flavor, with more meaning, because the song they made felt neutral, weak.

 

A day left to modify the lyrics.

 

It couldn’t get any worse than this. Hanbin felt like dying.

 

They decide not to sleep, work this thing out the entire night and pray that it’ll turn out okay.

 

 

 

 

Okay doesn’t happen during the camera rehearsal. It’s not okay, at all.

 

Everyone was nervous and scared and forgetting lines and tense because they haven’t adapted to the new lyrics yet after given less than 24 hours to change it. Hanbin’s all stressed up and he feels like dying and ugh ahldkflasjdkajowlajsd. The entire team’s just falling apart.

 

Jinhwan messes up his lyrics, and Hanbin’s yelling for everyone to get a grip and to enjoy their performances.

 

But it’s easier said than done.

 

Hanbin starts to lose faith on his team.

 

 

 

 

At the backstage, Hanbin keeps his distance away from his team. He’s mad and infuriated and beat; all he wants to do is get out from this hellhole and leave his team be…

 

But he can’t exactly do that. He’s the leader.

 

So he goes out for some fresh air and to get away from them for a few minutes.

 

 

 

 

Bobby and Jinhwan follow him outside, worry clouding their faces. If they go on like this, they might as well go home and forfeit and give everything up they worked for three years.

 

“Since you’re feeling really down right now, we’re worried,” says Bobby, his hands clasped together. Jinhwan glances at Hanbin anxiously.

 

“Today, for the first time,” Hanbin admits, “I honestly can’t rely on the members. To the extent where I feel that even our stage won’t work out.”

 

“But you’re still our team leader,” Bobby refutes, waving his hands. “It’s as if you threw us away. As if, “Ah you guys figure it out by yourselves!” That’s the kind of feeling I got from this.”

 

“As much as possible, I’ve supervised you. I’ve believed in you as much as I could.” He looks down. “But I really couldn’t see the image of us winning this. So I got very angry. From the start, the whole atmosphere’s been like that. Jinhwan hyung?”

 

He’s frustrated. Bobby’s frustrated. Jinhwan’s frustrated and sorry, too.

 

“Let’s just… let’s be stronger, okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Hanbin feels a tad better. At least.

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, I’m curious.”

 

Later, as they prepare for their final camera rehearsal, Donghyuk approaches Hanbin quietly. The other four are either being put on some make up, fanning themselves or memorizing their lines for their song.

 

“Hmm?” Hanbin shoots the maknae a quizzical look, his eyebrows raised.

 

“Did something happen between you and Hayi noona?”

 

Hanbin blinks, startled at the question. He didn’t see that coming. “Eh? Why would you think that?”

 

Donghyuk shrugs. “Hyung, you’ve been spacing out ever since we got the mission for the second battle. And,” he tilts his head to the side, “I notice you haven’t been calling noona lately. I’m just worried.” He frowns.

 

Knowing the maknae’s good intentions, Hanbin pulls him for a brief side hug and pats his head. “And here i thought what the fuss is all about.” He chuckles. “Don’t worry, maknae. Noona and I are doing well. It’s just that noona’s probably busy with her album and stuff, and we’re also a little busy so…” he trails off, concluding with a firm smile. “Everything’s going to be okay.”

 

The thought is convincing but even Hanbin himself doesn’t look convinced at all.


b.hi feels sobs bc we need some drama