iii.

Yellow Pages

Few days after, Hanbin and his team members make their way to the salon for the press conference scheduled on that day. Together with their hyungs from team A, they’re being pampered and organized to make sure they look their best, added with 80% swag and 20% character.

 

While the others are busy with filming, Seunghoon sits next to Hanbin and pats his shoulders in acknowledgement.

 

“How’s it going?” Seunghoon asks quietly.

 

Unable to move his head, Hanbin makes use of his eyes instead to look at the older. “Cool, hyung.”

 

“I’m not talking about this”—Seunghoon waves his hand—“program.” He glances at others before leaning closer. “I’m talking about something else, and you know what I mean.”

 

Hanbin chuckles. “Of course, hyung. It’s great. Yeah, we’re okay.”

 

“You mean, you and her are…?”

 

“Oh, not yet!” Hanbin’s cheeks turn red. “I mean, I’m still on my way there but you know…” He trails off, shrugging the rest of the story. Seunghoon doesn’t need to know anyway. “Anyways, I met up with her yesterday and we talked and my head was on her lap and we hugged and we-”

 

Seunghoon laughs. “Chill, Hanbin-ah! I don’t need to know everything. Are you trying to rub my singleness on my face?”

 

“Hyung, I’m single, too!”

 

“Not for long!”

 

The conversation ends there because Hanbin doesn’t really want to tell much about it, especially with lots and lots of people and cameras around, and Seunghoon, who’s friends with Hayi, promises the former that he got his back. Though Seunghoon doesn’t fail to remind Hanbin that if the latter makes Hayi cry, he’s dead.

 

The two join the others a couple of minutes later, laughing and chattering and playing in front of the camera.

 

 

 

 

On their way, the six young members of team B don’t try to mask their excitement and fear upon waiting for their official appearance in front of the world. They’re all feeling the same emotions as of the moment—bewilderment, disbelief, apprehension and fear. Even though they’re still ‘trainees’, this is different.

 

This is much bigger.

 

While the other five are busy talking to the camera, expressing their emotions, one of the upkeeps to sustain the role of the reality show, Hanbin keeps quiet at the back, his phone in hand. Every now and then, he glances to the camera just to make sure no suspicions rise.

 

 

To: Hayipiness

Will u watch when it airs?

 

Fr: Hayipiness

Why not :)

 

To: Hayipiness

Ok, on my way now. I feel scared :(

 

Fr: Hayipiness

Well, u’ve got ur members with u!! And ur hyungs 2! Stay strong! :)

 

To: Hayipiness

U should’ve been here

 

Fr: Hayipiness

Haha cheesy but I’m busy tho. Maybe next time!

 

To: Hayipiness

But u r always busy :(

 

Fr: Hayipiness

And u’re not? :)

 

To: Hayipiness

Not 4 u

 

Fr: Hayipiness

Haha awkward but thanks. G2g, will be recording in a few.

 

To: Hayipiness

:( ok fine. Miss you xoxoxoxoxxxxxxxxxxxccxc

 

Fr: Hayipiness

:) Cheesy.

 

To: Hayipiness

Just 4 u <3 xoxoxoxoxxxxxx

 

She doesn’t reply after that. Unfortunately.

 

 

 

 

 

The eleven trainees are all sweat and fear and anxiety as they wait by the backstage, only the sounds of Yoo In Na sunbae and the reporters and clicks of the camera filling the entire place. They can also hear CEO YG speaking and explaining things about the WIN program and their relevance to the Kpop world and his indistinct future plans.

 

Hanbin’s heart beats irregularly against his ribcage, in fast speed; his pulse races, and his palms are sweaty. He puts his hand on his chest, the part where his heart is, and blinks. What is this I’m feeling oh my god he exclaims and the others agree with him because they all feel the same way.

 

Later, he admits he’s more scared to stand next to the CEO itself. Some laugh; some are too nervous to hear what he had said.

 

 

 

It's time.

Hanbin’s never felt this scared his entire life.

 

 

 

 

Hours later, they’re back to practicing for their final evaluation this month.


hurhur more fluff is it ok for u guys to comment i wanna know what u think he he h