v.

Yellow Pages

The following morning, the three depart for Jeju-do. Excitement and relief shadow their faces because it's been such a long time since Jinhwan visited home. And a short vacation might be exactly what they need after years and months and weeks of endless trainings and shedding of tears and blood.

 

Hanbin thinks Hayi in between talks and laughs, and he suddenly misses her so bad.

 

 

 

 

When they arrive, both Hanbin and Bobby are reminded of their homes and their longings of visiting their families, too. Jinhwan tells them that it’s okay and he’s sorry because his Mom’s the only one around and they can treat her as their mother as well. The two younger kids laugh because yeah sure hyung why not.

 

 

 

 

Jinhwan’s mother welcomes the three with warmth and open arms and light kisses (a lot for her son, of course!) and a variety of food. Jinhwan starts yakking about the memories they shared for the past three years—will be four soon enough—together, and the younger two laughs along and even adds in a couple of what they remember.

 

Mrs. Kim laughs because geez these kids even showering together you better not be gay!! but Jinhwan assures her that they’re not, especially Hanbin. Hanbin shakes his head, flustered. Mrs. Kim asks for the ‘deetz’ later.

 

Hanbin thinks of Hayi every two hours now. She doesn’t call, or answer his calls, or text him, or texting him back.

 

He frowns.

 

 

 

 

They’re given privacy late at night, loafing right outside Jinhwan’s house by the stairs. The atmosphere is nostalgic, sentimental all of a sudden and they talk about memories, future plans and their friendship—and the other three kids, of course. Hanbin fights back tears because really, crying is for the weak.

 

Jinhwan praises him, even apologizes for the stress the team has brought to Hanbin because at such a young age, he’s portrayed such responsibility. It must be difficult. Both Jinhwan and Bobby feel apologetic for being useless.

 

Hanbin protests because the two have been but useless.

 

Jinhwan admits that even if they lose, he doesn’t really want the team to break up. Bobby agrees, and Hanbin solemnly (and silently, just to himself) swears that he’ll lead the team to victory. That everything’s going to be alright in the end.

 

 

 

Later, when the cameras have stopped rolling and the three are preparing for sleep, both Jinhwan and Bobby lean over Hanbin and assures him that they’ve got his back… and that they fully support his relationship with Hayi.

 

If it ever happens.

 

Hanbin doesn’t really think of Hayi that night.

 

 

 

 

Tomorrow comes and sadly, it’s the last day. They have to go back to reality soon and practice again because there’s so much to prepare for what’s coming. They can’t let their guard down because if they do, the prize will be taken away.

 

They spend time at the beach, dressed in casual outfits and wore happy smiles and carefree attitudes. They sing, laugh and talk and they promise that they’ll never forget this moment.

 

As they head back to the city, Hanbin’s happy and contented and relaxed. He’s never felt like this for three years, and this feels extremely awesome.

 

And then it hits him.

 

Maybe the reason why Hayi never called is because she wants him to enjoy this moment, this day with his friends, because it’s what he really, really needs after all.


my b.hi feels are overwhelming ok how to stop