i.

Yellow Pages

“I don’t know either.”

 

Hunched over the corner of the car, Hanbin struggles to maintain his composure because of two reasons: a) he doesn’t want his team members to hear his conversations with this girl he’s liked for months now and b) he’s extremely nervous because it’s that time of the month again.

 

He hears her chuckle at the end of the line. Short but soft.

 

Aw, I’m sure you’ll do great. You’re the charismatic leader B.I. after all.

 

He sighs wearily. “I wish you’re here.”

 

I can’t exactly be there,” replies Hayi with another giggle. “I mean, there are six of you in the car and adding one more would suffocate the rest of the guys. But don’t worry. You’re coming here anyway so let’s try and catch each other after.

 

“I can’t wait to see you,” he admits, and it’s times like this that Hayi will never, ever take for granted. There’s vulnerability in his voice; it’s soft, broken and intimate.

 

And me you.”

 

When the car approaches the parking lot, he looks up for a few seconds and then goes back to that corner and bends to whisper, “I love you” before exchanging goodbyes. He puts his phone back inside his bag and turns to s, sending each one of them a firm nod before getting off the car.

 

They meet Team A on their way towards the dance studio for their evaluation, greeting each other with friendly hi’s and how are you hyung’s and that handshake things guy do. Each of them are dying to get this over with, their hearts beating erratically, their hands sweating, and their legs shaking. This is a usual routine for trainees but even though some of them have been over this again and again for more than a year—mostly three years—they’re still traumatized and scared and apprehensive.

 

However, once they stepped inside the studio, they’re completely startled at what they’ve seen. Cameras, more cameras, staff, more staff members and strangers they don’t know have completely filled the entire place. They’re all curious and alarmed, but Hanbin’s mind is a tangled mess of thoughts because this better not be what he thinks it is.

 

Yang Hyun Suk enters and breaks the moment of curiosity towering over the trainees for a moment, and they greet him out of respect and trepidation, bowing 90-degrees with loud voices.

 

Hanbin is asked if he knows what’s going on and what’s going to happen later and he replies honestly with, “I don’t know they seem to be filming something or something” because he’s not entirely sure. CEO YG decides to ask others, too, but then he turns back to him with a different question this time—“About how long until you guys think you’re going to debut?”

 

“Truthfully, this is my only wish but… around the second half of next year,” replies Hanbin, forcing a smile to keep himself cool, calm and collected. They all agree in unison.

 

 

 

 

“Well, I thought that between these two teams, I would allow one to debut.”


hurrrrr the romance will brew soon enough x