x.

Yellow Pages

Team A wins the second battle, but Hanbin doesn’t feel the least bit disappointed.

 

Though there were regrets, for sure, Hanbin will make up for it on the last battle.

 

 

 

 

For the last and final battle, they’re given adequate time to prepare for three categories: the same track, different arrangement; dance choreography; and self-composed song. Hanbin’s still a little remorseful about the entire ‘second battle self-composed songs’ but he knows he should do better this time.

 

Win or lose, this might be their last chance.

 

“Oh! Noona, hello!”

 

Startled, Hanbin lifts his head up and wheels around, only to be greeted by-

 

“Hayi,” he breathes out, relief and happiness and confusion and weird little emotions washing over him.

 

Hayi enters the room with both hands full of paper bags filled with food, probably. The other five kids of team B immediately flock to where she is, offering to take the stuff and placing it on the floor. Suddenly, Hanbin feels shy and awkward around her.

 

“Hey, Hanbin-ah! What are you doing just standing there?” Bobby exclaims, earning Hanbin a couple of what the hell are you standing there for looks from his team members and a smile from Hayi. “Come and help Hayi.”

 

Still a little staggered, Hanbin makes his way awkwardly toward Hayi but once he got here, Hayi’s hands are completely empty and there are goofy grins on the faces of the other five amused kids and Hanbin’s completely lost on what to do so he just stands there next to her.

 

“Noona, is this for us?” asks Donghyuk as he takes out what’s inside the paper bags.

 

Hayi nods. “Yeah. I figured you guys are hungry.” She smiles. “I bought some for team A oppas, too, so it’s not just you guys.”

 

“Thanks, noona!”

 

“You’re the best!”

 

The other kids are busy digging in and Hanbin’s still standing there awkwardly with Hayi.

 

A minute later, Hayi decides to break the silence.

 

“Aren’t you going to eat?” she asks.

 

He blinks, a little flustered. “Uh, huh? Er, yeah. I’ll probably… okay… eat. I’m hungry… a little.”

 

Her eyes glow. “Really? I brought you something else.”

 

“You mean, you bought something just for Hanbin hyung?” Junhwae exclaims, his eyes widening.

 

Hayi nods. “Yeah.”

 

“Wow, noona. You really know how to make us feel special for a minute, and then throw it away the next.”

 

Hayi giggles. “I’m just telling the truth.”

 

“Should we leave the room and go to the hyungs?” Bobby suggests, and the others seem completely up for it. Taking all the food, the five kids leave the room noisily, even teasing the couple on their way out.

 

“Are you going to eat?” Hayi asks once the kids have disappeared.

 

Hanbin nods quietly.

 

Smiling, she takes hold of his arm and leads him to the center. She takes out the food from the paper bag separated from the rest and prepares it on the ground. Hanbin keeps his eyes glued on Hayi the entire time.

 

“I’m not sure what to cook for you so I asked my Mom”—she opens the lunchboxes one by one—“for help. It took us all morning to prepare so I’m not sure if the food’s gone cold or-”

 

“What are you doing?” He mutters.

 

She blinks. “Hmm?”

 

“Where have you been these past few weeks?”

 

Silence ensues.

 

He looks straight at Hayi this time. “I called but you won’t answer any it. You won’t answer my texts either, or my emails. You never called either. I was worried. I thought it’s the end for the two of us. You don’t know how-”

 

“But there’s never us to begin with.”

 

He frowns. “You know what I mean.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Hayi mumbles softly, biting her lip. “The thing is I was really busy with the album and I had to go somewhere for Jiyong oppa’s concert. I wanted to tell you really but I lost track of time and I-” she pauses and frowns. “Hanbin, I’m really sorry.”

 

“Did you watch it?”

 

She nods. “Yeah. You seemed really mad.”

 

“I couldn’t think straight.”

 

“It happens.”

 

“No, it doesn’t usually happen.” He sighs. “I was worried.”

 

“What do I have to do to make it up to you?”

 

She was pouting. Maybe she’s not aware of that but Hanbin is, and just the sight of her being unconsciously cute makes him forget of what happened.

 

Crossing his arms on his chest, a smug smile draws on his lips. “Hmm, a hug?” He nods excitedly. “A hug would do.”

 

“Just a hug?”

 

“A hug for one minute!” Hanbin adds, smirking. “Then a kiss on the cheeks would be nice, too.”

 

She chuckles. “Don’t push your luck, Kim Hanbin.”

 

“It’s not just an apology.” Hoisting himself up, he extends his arms to help Hayi stand on her feet, too. “It’s like wishing me good luck for the final battle. You’ll be there, right?”

 

“Yeah. I’m going to perform with Soohyun, Chanhyuk and Yedam.”

 

He grins. “Then, I’m going to see you.”

 

“Obviously.”

 

“Now hug me.” He opens his arms wide. “For a minute.”

 

“I never agreed!”

 

“Okay, then I won’t forgive you.”

 

“Fine, fine!”

 

Taking cute steps, Hayi brings herself closer and closer until the gap between them diminishes. To get this over with, Hanbin grabs her instead and pulls her close against his chest. He drops a kiss on the crown of her head.

 

“Do you want to make it official?”

 

“What.”

 

“Us.”

 

“Uh.”

 

The allotted minute has passed but Hanbin doesn’t let go. A few seconds later, he feels Hayi squirming—or moving or something, he’s quite unsure—so he asks her what she’s doing. She only nods…

 

“What.”

 

She nods again.

 

“You mean…?”

 

He lets go, not because he wanted to or Hayi wanted to but because he feels the need to celebrate. Even without some music, Hanbin runs enthusiastically all over the room, throwing his hands up in the air and busting random dance moves, earning laughter from Hayi. He’s screaming and shrieking and he merely stops for a few seconds when he notices curious faces on the door.

 

Then he’s at it again.

 

 

 

 

Couples are banned from this room!

 

Get a room!

 

My eyes!

 

You’re not just another boy, Hanbin!

 

 

 

Hanbin feels a lot, lot better now.


2 more chaps and yes i can finally consider myself productive after a month-and-two-week long vacation and yess fluff akdja;sdf