Chapter I

All My Feelings For You

 

|| 8.09pm Taeyeon's Apartment ||


"If destiny had chosen to set up our meeting, I bet destiny can choose to set up our break up too" 

And with that, the blonde haired girl turned away from her lover, leaving him standing with his hand outstretched. She quickly wiped away a tear afraid that he had seen her fearless facade crumble... 

"KIM TAEYEON! Are you watching that stupid drama again?!" Sooyoung's voice echoed through the hallway, coupled with the muffled sobs that emanated from the living room.

Taeyeon buried her face in the cushion that she was hugging, tears streaming down her face relentlessly. She had watched this scene seven times already, but every time it happened, she cried anyway. She knew it was silly, but she just couldn't help it. The pain that she saw in the actress's eyes pulled at her heartstrings every single time.

The abrupt sound of the television being switched off was following by a series of whines from the shorter girl. Choi Sooyoung had enough of the sobbing that she had to put up with every Saturday night. 

"Instead of watching that sappy romance drama, care to join me for some Saturday night fun? Maybe we could get you a boyfriend too." 

As Taeyeon was about to reply, she realised that it wasn't a question, because before she had even finished processing the sentence, she was pulled off the couch and pushed to her room. Upon entering, to her genuine surprise and Sooyoung's obvious excitement, there was a party dress laid out on her bed, with shoes and accessories to match. 

"I don't think I-" 

"I'll be waiting for you at the door. And you'd better be there in ten. Or else." Sooyoung narrowed her eyes and gave a mischievous grin. 

Not wanting to find out what the threat had been, Taeyeon grudgingly obliged. 


|| 9.09pm Outside the club ||

Sooyoung grabbed Taeyeon's hand and led, or rather, half dragged her into the club. The music was loud - so loud that Taeyeon felt the beat reverberating through her body. She obviously felt it, but she didn't acknowledge it. By the time the shikshin was on the dance floor, Taeyeon was just standing awkwardly in a corner, lost to the world.

/Flashback/

The queue twisted and turned so many times that it was almost impossible to see where the start was. It was so bad, that what was supposed to be a singular line looked like a perpetual seething mass of bodies. Taeyeon was late. She wanted to queue for the fan meet hours earlier, but something at the University had come up. So here she was, near the end of the queue, waiting for her turn, crossing her fingers that she would be able to meet the actress she had been admiring for so long. Most people had come in groups, or pairs, and were chattering excitedly about what Taeyeon could only pick up in little fragmented pieces. 

"I can't wait to see J-"

"OMG SHE'S JUST SO TOTALLY HOT RIGHT?"

"I wonder if-"

And other little bits of conversations. But Taeyeon wasn't focused on that. She was just thinking about how she was breathing the same air as that goddess. So she decided to breathe faster. To take in more of that glorious shared air. Because Taeyeon was silly like that. What she didn't know at that point was that that simple silly action of breathing faster would be a precious memory in the future. 

After what seemed like five million hours of waiting, it was Taeyeon's turn. She shuffled up the stairs, laying her eyes on the most beautiful person she had ever seen. The way she smiled at the screaming fans below the stage, the way her blonde hair rested on her shoulders, the way she drank bottled mineral water - it was all perfect. By the time Taeyeon was done with all those thoughts, it finally occurred to her that she had been standing in front of the blonde haired goddess for the past minute just staring. 

"C-c-can you s-s-sign this for me p-p-please?" she managed to stammer out, placing a little notebook on the table in front of her.

She's so beautiful…. Taeyeon thought to herself. Except it wasn't a thought. Because she had accidentally said it out loud. And to her horror the actress had seemed to hear her, because right at that moment she heard the most melodious laugh she had ever heard in her life. Taeyeon's face flushed bright pink as she retrieved her notebook, quickly thanking the goddess and then scurrying off the stage. 

/End of flashback/

Taeyeon was back in the club. Not that she had left, but reminiscing about the blonde haired goddess made her forget about all the blaring noises, the flashing lights, and a handsome young man standing in front of her…?

"What's a pretty girl like you doing alone?" 

"Just waiting for a friend."

"Would you like to have a drink with me while we wait?" 

"Thank you but no thank you." Taeyeon smiled politely as the man walked dejectedly away.

To her surprise, ten minutes later, he was back. He seemed more drunk than he was before, his body swaying as he walked towards Taeyeon. 

"How about a dance then?"

The young male didn't wait for her reply, but simply grabbed her by the wrist. Taeyeon struggled to pull his hand off, but his grip only tightened. Her eyes widened in fear as his grip hurt her wrist, but a moment later.....