Chapter 3

Idol Manager

Dara’s POV

I was not focusing on what I was doing the whole day. I cannot stop thinking about Bom. How was she coping and was she alright. I kept on bumping into things and tripping on objects. Seunghyun kept on asking me if I was alright. I just nodded and went back to do my work. The past few weeks, the boys did not have a really busy schedule so most of the time we were at their dorm.

I was sitting on the sofa deep in thought when Daesung suddenly gave me a shock. I jumped and saw him.

“Daesung, you scare me.” I pat my chest. He just smiled and went to the kitchen. I saw all the boys doing their own things. I went so deep in thought that I didn’t realize my phone ringing.

“Yah! Answer your phone.” Jiyong shouted, causing me to jump again. I flipped open my phone and realize that it was Chaerin.

“Yoboseyo, Chaerin?” I answered.

“Really?” I stood up. Causing all the boys to look at me. I then resumed back at my seat.

“ Ok I got it see you.” And I hung up. I then buried my head into my hands. Unknowingly, tears streamed down my cheeks. And I started sniffing. I curled myself into a ball with my knees supporting my forehead. I felt a hand on my back. It was Seunghyun. He pulled me closer to him and comforted me.

“It’s ok. Although I don’t know what happened but everything will be alright.” He hushed. I could not help but sobbed harder.

After around 30 minutes, I finally calmed myself down. I had totally no idea why I even broke down.

“Come with me” Seunghyun said. So I just followed him to his room. We sat on his bed. I diverted my eyes from him. He tilted my chin up to make me look at him.

“Can you tell me what happened?” His hand still on my chin, not letting go. I didn’t know what to say. I don’t even have an answer for myself how could I answer his question?

“It’s nothing, really.” I tried to avoid answering any more question. “If it is really nothing, you won’t cry. Dara I know you long enough to understand you.” He probed. I still could not answer him.

“I’m really fine. I’m not the one suffering. It’s Bom” I finally answered.

“What happened?” He asked, his voice filled with care and concern.

“Her boyfriend broke up with her, and now she is no longer herself.” I explained. He merely nodded his head. “She is my best friend and the person I care for. She has never suffered from such a huge emotional blow before. I don’t know how she is coping and all I know is that she is not opening up to any of us.” I finally let it all out. I didn’t know why I as always comfortable talking to Seunghyun. He did not need to ask me any questions and I will tell him the answer he needs.

“I know what you feel. If any members were to suffer from such blows and was not willing to open up to us, we would feel the same way as you are now.” Seunghyun said.

“Thank you so much Seunghyun. I feel so much better now. You are always there when I need your help.” I smiled.

“No Problem. You are my dongsaeng and I am supposed to protect my dongsaeng.” He smiled back and gave me a bear hug. I accepted it and we stayed in that position for sometime. Not realizing that there was someone at the door.

I walked out of the door and realized that it was already 2pm. I looked around and saw Jiyong deep in thoughts. I approached him and tapped his shoulder. He opened his eyes and glared at me.

“Could you make lunch today?” I asked politely.

“ No.” He replied coldly.

“Okay then I shall buy take outs. What do you want?” I asked nicely again.

His gaze was practically piercing though my body. “I don’t want anything” That was his answer and he went back to what he was doing. I bought for everyone other than him.

The whole day, he only sat on the couch and closed his eyes. It was 5pm when Seunghyun asked me to go home and rest. I realized that there was still dinner. I then went towards Jiyong and he opened his eyes as if he knew I was going to talk to him. I asked him yet again.

“Jiyong, could you make dinner for the boys today?” I asked politely. “ Didn’t I say no just now?” he raised his voice.

Seunghyun then approached us and asked us what was the commotion about. I then walked to the dining table and left some money for them to buy take-outs. I instructed Seungri what to do and left.

When I was waiting for the lift, I heard someone call out my name. I turned around and saw Seunghyun. He ran up to me and pulled me into his embrace. I got a shock. I didn’t know who to react. He asked me to take care and have a safe trip home. I whispered into his ear accidentally. “ Thank you.” I got myself out of his embrace and went into the lift.

When I reached home, I saw Bom sitting at the couch looking at the television, but it was obvious that she was not paying attention to the programme. I walked towards her. She had tears flowing down her cheeks. I looked at the programme it was a variety programme. She was motionless. I approached her. She was still motionless. I tapped her and she jumped. She wiped away her tears and smiled at me.

“You’re back. This drama is very sad.” She lied

“Don’t lie to me Bom I know it has nothing to do with the TV programme.” I said.

“I’m fine. I am really fine. I have nothing to be sad about.” She tried to hide her emotions. I sat down beside her and placed my hands on her shoulder.

“Bom, please, don’t be like that. Both Chaerin and I know that you cannot get over Jaebum. You are not yourself. You are trying to put on a brave front and not want us to worry. But now, we are more worried than before. We know how important the relationship was to you.” I said.

This time, Bom broke down. Tears streaming down her face. I did not now why but I too broke down. We hugged each other and cried. We cried for 30 minutes. After we stopped crying, Bom told me everything and she felt much better after that. However I could still see the sadness in her eyes. I decided to leave her alone for a while as I went to shower. When I walked out, She smiled at me. A genuine smile. I was glad that everything was better now.

We talked. This time, not about Jaebum, but about other things.

“Breaking up with Jaebum is not a bad thing after all. I can find a guy much better than him. He is not the only guy on earth right?” Bom smiled.

“At least now I know you have gotten over it. There are guys out there much better than him. You will find one someday.” I answered.

We talked for a while more and we saw Chaerin at the door. Both of us smiled at her and she smiled back. She went to take a shower and we both realized how late it already was. Then we headed back to our rooms.

I then decided to call the boys to check up on them. After 3 rings, someone picked up the phone. “Yoboseyo, Seungri?” I said.

“Omo, Dara noona, What makes you call at this time?” Seungri asked with a little curiosity in his voice.

“I just want to make sure all of you had dinner and did run off.” I said seriously. I could hear laughter in the background.

“We’re fine Dara noona we had dinner and we are watching the episode of Champagne that we appeared on.” Seungri said.

“Okay then. It’s good to hear that you are not misbehaving.” I smiled.

“But Dara noona, Jiyong hyung is acting all weird. We don’t know what’s going on with him. He is ignoring all of us.” Seungri said with a sad tone.

“I realized that also today. He was acting all cold towards me.” I said.

“Maybe he will be better tomorrow.” Seungri reassured himself and reassured me.

“Maybe. Okay I shall not disturb you anymore. Have an early night. Don’t turn in too late even though we have nothing much tomorrow.” I said seriously again.

“Araso. Sweet dreams noona.” Seungri said before hanging up.

“Thankyou Seungri” I replied and hung up.

I walked out of my room and saw the house dark other than the lights coming out from the crack of each person’s door. Walked into Bom’s room to find her sleeping. She was sleeping with a smile and I know that after today she will not be sad over the fact that she and Jaebum broke up.

When I returned to my room, my phone started ringing. I flipped open the cover and realize that Seunghyun was calling me.

“Yoboseyo” I answered.

“Yoboseyo, Dara? This is Seunghyun speaking.” He said.

“I know.” I replied.

“How are you feeling?” He asked.

“I’m much better.” I cleared my throat as I didn’t know he would call me for this.

“What about Bom?” He asked again.

“She is back to her normal self. She let go of it already.” I assured him.

“That’s good to hear.” He said.

“ Is there anything you want to ask me Seunghyun?” I questioned him.

“Oh, nothing just calling to check if you were feeling much better.” Seunghyun replied.

“Oh ok. I am about to turn in. I talk to you tomorrow?” I said while yawning.

“Okay. Goodnight.” He said and he hung up.

“Goodnight to you too Seunghyun” and I too hung up. I switched off the lights and went to sleep.

End of Dara’s POV

 

Seungri’s POV

“Hyung.” Seungri called out for Jiyong

“What?” he replied coldly.

“Are you okay?” Seungri asked with care and concern.

“What makes you think I am not?” Jiyong answered seriously. 

“You have been serious and cold to everyone for the whole day.” Seungri explained.

“I’m fine. Just go to sleep.” Jiyong said and covered his head. Seungri just look at Jiyong’s bed. Why is he so weird? He was never like this. Even when he is angry, he would be fine when he makes dinner and normally whenever Dara noona asks him to make dinner, he never rejected her request but he rejected her twice today. All of us know that Jiyong loves to cook. He would never reject cooking. Something must be wrong with him. Hope that tomorrow he would be better.

While thinking, Seungri drifted off to sleep.

End of Seungri’s POV

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry if it's boring T.T I promise it will get better after this chapter!!