Chapter 19

Idol Manager

Dara's POV

After the present give away ceremony, we all headed for the busy day of work. I went for the Vogue photoshoot with Jiyong. The car trip was quiet. I had earphone plugged in and was reading a book. Suddenly, I felt a tug on my earphones and saw Jiyong looking at me. “You need something?” I asked since Jiyong like to have his own time on travelling journeys.

He pulled me closer to his body and placed his arms round my shoulders. “I miss the times in Japan.” He suddenly said. I had my head on his shoulder and my arms round his waist. “I heard we’ll be going back for the opening sometime soon.”

“Really?” I nodded my head and I could see him smile. When we’ve reached, the people immediately pulled Jiyong away as this photoshoot is some kind of rushed. I stood behind the photographer and in no time the pictures were done.

“Good job Jiyong. You have the feel today.” The photographer said and patted his shoulder. Jiyong bowed and went to change out and remove his makeup. We then took the car and met up with the other members. In the car, I had to touch up on Jiyong’s makeup. Since the next venue we were going was also a photoshoot. Mingkki sent me a picture which I’m suppose to follow.

When I was doing his makeup, I could see him looking at me. “What? Do I have something on my face?” I asked as I touched my face. He smiled and took my hand down. “No. Just admiring how pretty my girlfriend is.” I ignored him and continued with his makeup. After a while more, I was done. It looked like the picture.

Since it was Goth style, I helped Jiyong do his hair too. Since we don’t need any electronic devices, I could do it in the car. “You don’t suit Goth style at all.” I covered my mouth and laugh at him. He looked nice but to me, I found it weird.

“I never like it.” He said as he lie back on his seat. We were somewhat caught in a jam that’s why I was able to finish his make up in a short time.

When he walked into the studio, The other members came and gave him a high five. “Not fair hyung, noona does your make up for you and we got some make-up artist the eye liner she drew was painful.” Seungri whined.

“Seungri –ah. We’re of different position now.” Youngbae said as he looked at me.

“I can draw for you if you want Seungri.” I smiled and walked towards the crowd.

“Okay. The next photoshoot I want to you to apply make-up for me.” He smiled and I nodded causing him to jump in Joy. The other members such as Seunghyun shook his head in disapproval. I could only laugh at their childishness.

I was staring into space when someone came next to me and sit. I turned around and saw Youngbae. “Are you really daughter of CEO of Woori bank?” He asked me. I nodded.

“Child prodigy?” he asked again and I nodded again. He then went back to the photoshoot when the crew looked for him. Suddenly, something came into my mind. Why did Omma want to have dinner with me all of a sudden? I can’t find any reason for her to do so. I looked at my watch and it was already 2pm. I still have 3 more hours before I need to go home.

The boys ended their photoshoot at 4pm. They headed home and started fooling around with each other. When it turned 5, I left. I went home and got my long coat and drove my new red convertible home. Appa doesn’t like me to drive old cars after I get a new one. However, he doesn’t know that I have 3 cars.

When I got home, I saw Dongho Oppa at the door, waiting for me. “The guests are waiting.” He said.

“Guests?” He nodded. Omma didn’t say anything about Guests. I’m so not formally dressed. Appa is so going to kill me. I stepped inside to see the house decorated in a grand way. However, there was no crowd. I looked around and Dongho Oppa led me to the dining room which I saw my parents, Donghae Oppa and 2 more people whom I don’t find familiar. I remember all my father’s clients looks, so when I see them on the street, I will know to hide. However, these 2 people are not familiar at all I stood at the door looking at them.

“Dara, You’re here. Come and sit.” Omma instructed and I went to sit after greeting everyone in the room.

“This is Mr. and Mrs. Lee, Donghae’s parents.” Appa introduced. I gave them a slight nod and they smiled a heartwarming smile. We had dinner and it was really fun. Donghae’s parents are so friendly. They seemed like Teenagers as they knew the trends and everything. After dinner, we all proceeded to the living room for fruits.

“Now let’s talk about the engagement.” Mr. Lee said.

“Engagement?” I asked and he nodded. Omma then pulled me into the dining room all these seems wrong, very wrong.

“Dara-ah. I have something to tell you. “ Omma said calmly.

“Don’t tell me I’m engaged.” I was crossing my fingers, however, Omma nodded.

“Don’t say Dongha.” She nodded again. I flinged Omma’s grip from my wrist and walked to the living room. Omma was chasing after me, calling my name, but I ignored her. I walked to where Appa saw me.

“I’m not getting engaged to anyone.” I stated.

“You are and it’s a fact. Your Engagement is next Wednesday which is a week and a day away from now.”

“What makes you so sure I’ll agree to the engagement?” I asked.

“Because If you don’t I’ll cut all ties with you and you know I will when I mean it. Don’t think I don’t know what you’re up to. ” Appa was a family man. He won’t severe ties so easily. Appa also has heart problems. If I really severe ties with him, his heart condition may worsen . What should I do? Jiyong, my boyfriend whom I really love and Donghae, A true friend of mine.

I slumped down on the couch with a dazed look on my face. Donghae betrayed me. I had so much trust in him, however he got close to me because he knew he was engaged to me so he’s trying to not make me hate him when I marry him?

Mr. and Mrs. Lee returned with Donghae beside them. They sat down on the sofa opposite me. Donghae shot me a look of concern which I totally ignored. “The Engagement will be held next Wednesday which is a week and a day away…” My mind wasn’t paying attention to the conversation at all. How am I going to face Jiyong and the rest?

Appa called me to his study room. I sat down on the chair opposite him. “So silent means consent.” He said.

“It’s not like I can do anything about this.” I said, looking into his eyes.

“It all for your own good.”

“I have a condition.”

“You say and I’ll do it.”

“Don’t publicize it. “ He nodded.

“Anyway, I have already submitted your resignation letter. In 1 week’s time, you’ll leave your job. Prepare everything and you’ll be moving back.”

“You what?” 

“I quit your job for you. I don’t want my daughter who’s getting married to be working as a lowly manager of some idols. You’re the heir of our company don’t forget that.”

“Do whatever you want. I don’t get a choice in my life anyway.” I stomped out of his study room and drove my car home. When I was driving, tears flowed out of my eyes. Why is my life so miserable? Jiyong, what am I going to do? I cannot tell Jiyong about this. I need to make a clear cut ending. I want him to get hurt. So hurt that he will forget about me. Forget about me.

When I reached home, the house was dark other than the lights w=from each room. I dragged myself to my room and packed my things into boxes. Since none of them enters my room, I will be able to make an unknown departure. I have to cherish the time I have left with Jiyong as after this week, I will hurt him. Hurt him so deep that I myself would suffer twice his impact.

That night, I cried myself to sleep. The next day when I woke up, I put on a brave front and went to the boy’s dorm. Jiyong was the only one awake. He looked happy when he saw me. I took off my sunglasses and smiled back weakly.

“Why are your eyes so swollen?”

“I stayed up late to finish my work last night.” I lied. I couldn’t tell him. He nodded and about to walk away when I pulled him back. He gave me a puzzled look and I sat down on the sofa with him following. I place my head on his shoulder and my arms around his waist. He seemed shocked but didn’t push me away. How long can I stay like that? In less than a week, I will bid Jiyong farewell forever. How am I going to do that?

The day passed in a blink of an eye. My eyes could not leave Jiyong. I will not be able to see him from such a near distance anymore. Jiyong seemed to realize I was hiding something from him, but I pushed it away with a smile.

At night, I will do some packing before heading to bed. The next few days were the same. Jiyong got more and more suspicious. I tried to spend more time with him as I can. I want to have happy memories when I leave. We took a lot of pictures together and developed them in Jiyong’s studio. We had so much fun, but Jiyong didn’t realize that fun time never last.

In no time, it was Monday. Tomorrow I will have to put an end to everything. Mingkki has been noticed to come in at noon. After I leave, Mingkki will take over my job. I have taught her everything I knew for the past few days. She didn’t know about my departure. No one other than sajangnim and myself know.

The next morning, I went to the boy’s dorm early in the morning. Bom and Chaerin left the same time as I did so they won’t see the movers move my things. I left 2 letters on the kitchen table. One for Chaerin and one for Bom. At the boy’s dorm, I also left 2 letters. I for the 4 members and 1 for Jiyong. There was a box left for Jiyong. I took one last look at the boy’s dorm and closed the door behind me.

I returned to my dorm to see the movers had already emptied my room. I look my last glimpse at the house and leave the place for good as I know I will never have the chance to come back. The only thing I left in the dorm was a drop of tear…

End of Dara's POV