Chapter 3

Under the Moonlight

You couldn't forget about last night. *who was that guy*

He too couldn't forget about last night. *just who is she*

The next day in school, you were at your seat early as usual. Then you saw someone leaving his seat. *This backview..* You thought and stared for a moment. Some of your classmates noticed you staring at him and then she smirked. *you sure don't know who you are messing with*

During lunch break, you were sitting at your usual spot at the garden, quiet and peaceful as always. Then came a group of girls and guys and they had you surrounded. You stood up but you couldn't leave. \

"Didn't you say she was a freak?" One guy said.

"yea.. do you want me to prove it to you?" a girl replied and laughed.

"Sure.. what can we do?" another guy said and the group started coming closer to you.

You were terrified so you had your hands covering your ears.

"It's starting soon!" The girl exclaimed and everyone laughed.

You kept staring at one spot as you did not know what to do. What happened 6 years ago, surfaced in your mind again. You were very scared but there was nothing you can do. You couldn't scream for help, you can only cry. Tears rolled down your cheeks as the group approaches and finally you lose control. That particular spot among the bushes suddenly caught fire. And soon the fire spread. The group got frightened.

"yah! let's go..." Another girl said and the group ran away, leaving you there, still staring in shock as the fire got bigger.

On the other hand, another group of guys were also looking at the whole situation.

Kai's POV:

I saw her again. She was always there. Why doesn't she mixed with people? Is she like us? That's not possible. I have never seen her before. There's this group of people approaching her. What are they going to do? Are they trying to hurt her? Why do i want to go and protect her? Kim Jongin calm down. But what are they trying to do.

"What are you looking at?" Xiumin asked. I nodded my head towards her direction and Xiumin turned to look as well. "Seems like there is some show to watch.." The other members started turning their attention towards her and the group as well. She stood up but she was surrounded. She looks scared. That's not like her. She isn't scared yesterday when i grabbed her all of a sudden. Is she crying? She must be really terrified. Should we do something?

"They said she was a freak..i wonder what does that mean.." Sehun said. Well, vampires have good and sharp hearing like wolves. We all heard their conversations. What do they want exactly? and why isn't she speaking out or shouting for help? She looks.. weak...

"Is that fire?" Chen spoke and everyone turned to look. "I know what they mean now... "

She is not ordinary, she has powers. But she doesn't seem to know how to control it. Or does she even know she has the powers? Why is she still standing there when the fire is getting bigger... it's dangerous.. I have to go... somehow my legs wanted me to move to her. and so i ran.

"Yah kai!" the guys shouted after me.

End of pov.

You stared in shock at the fire, unsure of what you have done. Then you felt someone pulling you away. You looked up to see this guy who looked somewhat familiar to you but you couldn't remember seeing him before. But you knew you trusted him, you knew you could trust him. The way he looks into your eyes, makes you feel protected.

"are you ok?" he spoke and you just continued staring at him, unable to speak. "yah.. are you ok?" he asked again, in his cold and deep voice. You tried to speak then you realised that nothing came out from your mouth. You got worried. You tried to make noise but still, no sound came out. He looked at you in shock, together with his friends who joined him after he ran down.

"I think she needs some help..." Chanyeol said.

"Take her to the medical room.." Baekhyun said and then one of them held your arm and dragged you to the medical room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"what's wrong?" the nurse asked.

"Don't know... she seems to be in shock.." Baekhyun said. You were in tears as you couldn't speak and you don't know why. Kai kept looking at you. *The way she looks at me... her eyes... it's so... and what is wrong with her?*

"I'm sending her to the hospital... go back to class you guys.." The nurse said. The boys said their thanks and left the room.

"Kai, you made a mistake just now.." Suho said to Kai. Kai just ignored him and continued walking. *why did i even did that just now..*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were sent to the hospital and your parents were called. The doctor spoke to you and your parents and he concluded that it might be due to the trauma you received when you were young. You didn't speak to anyone else after you got ignored by your friends in school. You have not spoken in six years, not even to your parents. That was why you couldn't speak as you forgotten how to.

"Don't worry darling, we will be here with  you.." your mum said and smiled to you. That smile though, did not seem sincere to you. You felt that your parents were so distant from you at that point of time. You felt that you were alone, like you always were.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't you guys find her familiar?" Baekhyun said.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked.

"Like we've seen her before?" Baekhyun said.

"She's in the same class as us, of course we've seen her.." Sehun replied.

"I know.. i mean.. out of school.. she seems like.. family..." Baekhyun said. "You see, she's not normal, she can't speak and she has superpowers...It's just weird.."

"maybe she is...but let's just ignore it.. By the way, Kai, do you know what you were doing just now?" Kris asked.

"Huh... i just.. i'm sorry.." Kai said.

"Hey what's wrong with you?" D.O asked.

"huh...me? nothing is wrong..why?" Kai answered.

"you don't seem like yourself today.." Lay said.

"By the way, was it you yesterday, who came to supervise us?" Baekhyun asked. "i smelt you.."

"yea.. just to make sure you don't harm the wrong person.." Kai answered.

"enough you two.." luhan spoke.

Kai's POV:

I couldn't bother with him. In my mind, there was only her. Why am i feeling this way... I'm not supposed to... But she does look familiar... who is she...