Chapter 10

Under the Moonlight

For the next few days, it has been awkward between you and Kai. You were doubting his identity yet you want to know him more. But one thing you know for sure is that ever since meeting them, you've become more cheerful and you are starting to talk now, much to the amazement of your parents as well. They didn't know whether to feel sad or happy to see you being yourself again.

You stayed back in the library again, studying for the upcoming tests and also to avoid other people. Although you are comfortable being around with EXO, you still dare not mix with others. Girls often glared at you because you are friends with the hottest guys in school. You treated them as family as you felt safe with them. Baekhyun came in with Chanyeol to look for you and study with you. Then the others started coming into the library as well except for Kai. You wondered where he was. Baekhyun noticed it and spoke to you, "Looking for him? Yoojin ah.. don't get too close with him.."

"Waeyo?" you asked.

"because..." he wanted to speak but he felt the other members staring at him. "because he's cold... he doesn't like to speak with people... if he flares up, i don't know what will happen.."

"really?" you said. *i need to know him*

"yea.. anyway let's continue to study.." Baekhyun said and pretended to get back to reading his books, while secretly eyeing the rest to distract you.

"Hey Yoojin, do you know how to do this question?" Sehun took the chance and asked you to help him solve a maths problem. You took a look at the question and then you worked it out for him. For a moment you forgotten about what had happened earlier as you were engrossed with your work. "wow.. can you explain to me?" Sehun asked. You nodded slightly.

"first.. you do this... then add this to this... then.." You continued to speak, still stuttering but more fluent now.

"i finally understand.. you're so smart! thanks!" Sehun said and you smiled at him.

The school was closing and they said to send you home as it was late. You didn't wanted them to do so actually because you wanted to meet him again. You were sure it was him. Your friend in the dark. It was Kai. And it was your only chance to talk to him because in school, you can't seem to find him and Baekhyun will read your mind and the rest will look after you. But you didn't know how to reject them.

"Why is anything wrong?" Baekhyun asked. You know that he was asking the obvious because he could read your mind but you just shook your head and smiled at him.

"Let's go..but...i don't need...the 11 of you...to send me home... maybe a few...will do..." you said slowly.

"Then me and Chanyeol will take you home then.." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol nodded.

"ok.." you said as you bid farewell with the rest of them and left with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. You walked past the corner but you didn't turn to look and continued walking as you don't want them to know about this secret place and the only place you could communicate with him.

Baekhyun's POV:

She's hiding something.. but i can't read it because she's not thinking about it... She doesn't seem to want us to send her home... We continued walking without talking and then i smelt it. Kai. She was waiting for him. Have they been meeting in secret? No way...

*mental conversation with chanyeol*

BH: do you smell it?

CY: yes.. he's somewhere here...

BH: let's settle this later...not when she's around..

CY: alright.

Kai's POV:

There she is.. But Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung is with her... Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung will have smelt me.. better hide somewhere.. And she just walked past me... She's trying to protect me..protect us...yes.. this was our spot.. the only place that belongs to the both of us... Does she like me too? will she like me if she knows? should i tell her? Can i tell her?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bye Yoojin!" Chanyeol said and waved goodbye to you. Baekhyun did the same too.

"How are..you guys..going back?" you asked.

"We're--" before Chanyeol can continued, Baekhyun stepped on his foot.

"you're too loud friend.." Baekhyun said and glared at Chanyeol and Chanyeol looked down immediately. You chuckled at the scene, oblivious to the true meaning. "We'll be hailing for a cab further down..don't worry..see you in school tmr.." Baekhyun said and dragged Chanyeol away. You bowed to them and went inside your house while they walked away.

"Are you serious Park Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked.

"A slip of tongue.." Chanyeol said.

"Be mindful of your words next time.. luckily she did not notice anything.." Baekhyun said.

"arasso.. now can we go? i'm hungry.." Chanyeol said.

"Wait till we get out from her sight.." Baekhyun said, eyeing you from the corners of his eyes as he could see you watching them from your window.

"Ok.." Chanyeol said. Once they were out of your sight, they began their hunting activities.