Chapter 24

Under the Moonlight

You woke up the next morning to see that Kai was not there beside you. You went to wash up and went down but only some of the EXO members were there.

"where is kai?" you asked those who were there.

"ah..that... they went out to hunt.." Baekhyun said but his eyes shifted.

"you're lying..." you said. "where's he?" you asked again.

"Yoojin ah...they'll be back soon... why don't you help me with my work first while waiting for him?" Sehun asked, trying to change the topic.

"don't try to change the topic? Something happened isn't it? where is he and the rest?" you raised your voice a little as you were getting worried.

"They went to have a talk.. with the wolf clan..." Baekhyun said eventually while Chanyeol nudged him.

"and then? is anything going to happen?" you asked.

"if things don't get rough, they should be fine.." Suho said.

"Don't worry too much... they can defend themselves..." Kris told you.

"i'll trust you..." you told them but you still felt uneasy. You ended up helping Sehun with his homework while the rest went on patrol around and outside the house.

"can't you tell me what's happening?" you asked sehun privately.

"it's for your own good...Yoojin...it's better that you don't know..." Sehun answered you.

"oppa..." you tried to whine to him.

"sorry yoojin..." Sehun just smiled awkwardly and avoided your question. You gave up and just looked out of the window when the door opened with a loud thud. You and Sehun ran down immediately and you saw Kai lying on the ground while the rest tried to carry him up. They brought him to his room and you followed them.

"What happen?" you asked them as you sat beside Kai and brushed his hair. He was unconscious. 

"we got into a fight..and he was seriously wounded..." Luhan said. 

"but why him only? what about you guys?" you asked, sounded like you blamed them but you cared for them at the same time.

"He's fighting for you..." D.O answered.

"pabo...why are you doing this..." you looked at the unconscious Kai and you said softly.

"don't worry too much...his wounds will heal..just that he needs a bit more time..." Xiumin said and you nodded. You left the room together with the others as you let him rest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"So how did it go?" you asked them.

"they were bent on ruining him... they hated him... as always.." Luhan said.

"do i have to leave him again? if that is the only way..." you said sadly.

"no..you don't have to.. it's not your fault..." Tao responded immediately.

"Furthermore he needs you...you have to be by his side or he'll die instead of just getting injured.." D.O added on.

"yea..he's right... don't blame yourself yoojin.." Baekhyun said. You sighed and nodded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, you went to lay beside Kai who is still unconscious. You turned to face him and softly placed an arm around his waist.

"why are you so silly? you're not the only one in this relationship.. i want to help as well...don't handle everything by yourself.. what am i supposed to do without you?" you teared as  you said to him. He dropped a tear as well, hearing what you said.