Chapter 17

Under the Moonlight

Things for Kai hasn't been easy either. It pains him to be acting with Yoona, he didn't have any feelings for her. It hurts him even more when he has to break your heart. He knows how you feel. He can do nothing about it though as he can only pray for you to be safe. Indeed love was his weakness. No, you were his weakness.

It was time to hunt for the wolves. Kai and the rest set off together, deep into the forest. he was reminded of the time when he confessed to you, that he was a wolf and that he loved you. Your smile, your hug, your scent and your breath lingered in his mind. He can never forget them. He never felt this strong. It was all because of you. *yoojin..i really miss you..*

"Hey kai, watch out!" Tao growled at him. But he reaction was too slow and he got scratched by the sharp branches of a tree nearby. Thankfully, he was a wolf and it didn't really hurt him with that little wound. However, he felt pain.

For the first time, this lonely wolf know about the feeling of pain. When the wolves returned to their house, kai was still following them at the back. Usually, he was the fastest and strongest among the pack. He wouldn't be so slow. But this time, he was lagging behind. He couldn't concentrate. He ran back and transformed into human form but he was panting. As a wolf, it was not supposed to happened. It felt so weird, he was out of breath so soon. *can't let them know...* He tried to hide it from the pack and so he headed straight back to his room. He took off his shirt and stood in front of the mirror and looked at the wound on his back. It was still bleeding although the cuts were almost sealed. For the first time, he felt so human. He is getting weaker day by day. But this little pain is nothing compared to pain in his heart.

"I smelt blood!" Kris knocked on the door and opened it. "Hey you ok?" Kai just nodded because he himself isn't sure if he was ok or not. The scars on his body can be healed but not the scars in his heart. Kris left the room for Kai to be alone and went downstairs to talk to the rest.

"He's not in good condition as well..." Kris sighed and shook his head.

"Why must this happen seriously?" Tao said.

"No one want this to happen..." Suho said. "They were a great couple..."

"But fate has to break them apart.." Chanyeol said. "It's not up to us to decide.."

Everyone is in a bad mood because of you and him. On one hand, they treated you as family, a special friend that they don't want to lose. On the other hand, Kai was also their friend and family, their brother. Neither do they want to lose him. They had to do anything within their limits so as to not lose the both of you.

"Is there really nothing else that we can do?" Sehun asked.

"This couldn't just be the only way right?" Chen asked.

This set off everyone's thoughts. They thought of what other ways to help you. Baekhyun was also thinking. He felt he needed to do something. *the least i can do...is to stay by her side..right...* Baekhyun admitted to himself that he loved you too but he knows very well who is the one in your heart. He knew he doesn't have the chance. But still, he hoped to at least be your support through this difficult period. He still wants to give it a try.

"Hello, Yoojin? are you ok? you haven't been to school for two days and we are worried about you.. call us ok?" Baekhyun left a voice message as you haven't been answering his calls or replying to his text. *yoojin ah...call me back please...*