You are my...?

2NE1Bang One Shot Collection

Story title: You are my?

Shipping: DaeMin (Daesung x Minzy)

Rating: G

Date posted: 18.1.2014 (Minji's birthday)

 

"We are friends right?" His voice rang in my head as I remembered myself, nodding my head to his question then.

 

"We are best friends right?" His voice echoed in my mind with his then, two thin curves on his face; his eye smiles were lovely. Though his eyes were small, though he had single eyelids, I liked it. In fact, I liked every part of him from outer appearance to personality to inner heart. He's like an angel to me; my guardian angel. I enjoyed his presence... just too much.

 

I don't know why but felt lifeless every time, he did not text me. I felt that the day was never complete without a word from him, verbal or not. No matter how late it is, even midnight, I needed to text him.

 

"We are only best friends..." I mumbled.

 

Just a month back, I was asked the exact same question by him, "We are best friends right?" He asked and I reluctantly nodded my head as much I wish to be state the truth about it. But then again, it was clear that he does not like me so why should I bother to be a fool in the eyes of his? We were only best friends, nothing more. Yes, I knew we are friends, to the extend,  we are just being best friends, nothing more; nothing can be more. However, as much as I wanted to be just friends, I can't. I don't know why but just can't seem to follow the suite and lied to myself with that statement 'We are only friends' because the thought of losing him of not being a best friend. 

 

I can't afford to lose him. Being temporary ignored, deliberately or not, by all methods; from texting messages, talking, all the way to, eating during lunch break, would already make my day down. Seeing him never fail to make a curve on my face, grinning like a fool. Hearing his voice caused me to stop in my spot and face him. Accidental touches shared between both of us would always repeat like a broken video in the brain of mine and can't forget those memories till this second. Simple things can make me smile like a Cheshire Cat which don't seem to wipe off such as squeezing together on the bench caused that simple brush between our backs. I remembered his smiles accompanied with his eye smiles shaking his head as I apologised to him. 

 

He was an angel in my life; staying by my side every time I need someone to comfort me. He was like a source of light in my life. He was reason for me to live on because he was somehow my everything to keep on living. But I know I could not confess to him that I liked him then.

 

But then since last week, it's all too late... 

 

"Daesung, I liked you. Will you be my boyfriend?" Uee shouted across the cafeteria to grab everyone's attention. I cringed as Daesung was the name of the guy that I liked and I knew that in my collage there's only one Daesung which was none other than my smiling angel, my bestie. 

 

Since that, for a week, I had been avoiding Uee, as well as Daesung oppa because of him. However, at this very moment, he was just right before my eyes, right in front of me. I shifted my eyes away from him upon recalling that the mere interaction of looking at each other was long, way too long. Awkwardness; clearly describes how I feel now.

 

"Minji," Daesung begun as he looked into my eyes and reluctantly, I looked back in his eyes. I was not willing to look at him because by looking at him can already made my heart race, pumping faster than the normal. 

 

"Yes oppa?" I replied as a form of courtesy.

 

"I think I have liked a girl," Daesung said, my eyes widened with worry, is that girl Uee? If it is Uee, I was about to prepare planning a list for actions to do if it was Uee. However, before I can, Daesung oppa replied my question as if he knew my question, he replied,"But it's not Uee..." That moment, to me, Uee was like the best person on Earth knowing that she wasn't the one that Daesung oppa liked and I still deserved a chance. Then again, what if Daesung oppa likes someone else? Should I change collage?

 

"There is this girl whom I like, she's pretty, she's like an angel,” Daesung oppa paused and quickly said that, “What's more is that she's right in front of me…" 

 

I turned my head around, scanning the area. But there was no one around but Daesung and I. I gestured pointing to myself with a surprised expression. “How can it be?” I asked. I know I am crazy, as much as I liked him, I don’t believe that I actually said that. But then again, if I were to squeal around, I would look like one mad lady one this planet Earth, I would look like a fool, too, but mad because of love.

 

“Minji, would you be my girlfriend?” Daesung oppa’s words left his mouth. I widened my eyes in disbelieve, he’s asking me to be his girlfriend? “Minji, also, don’t you dare to deny me that you don’t love me,” Daesung smiled. I furrowed my eye brows, why can’t I reject? Why would I want to reject? But he continued, “Chaerin noona told me that you keep the cards that I write for you, on your birthday, Christmas, New Year. Not only that, you kept it in your safe like they are jewelleries. Dara noona told me that you kept that Stitch key chain, the one that I bought for you when in elementary school Year 1, after saving it up for a while. Also, Bom noona told me that you collect Gundam ever since I gave you one. According to my hyungs, Jiyong hyung said that you were always looking around for me when I didn’t come school; Youngbae hyung told me that you were the one who always go to my locker to get the books I need and pass it to Youngbae; Seunghyun hyung told me that you always nag him to organise gatherings so that you can meet me. Lastly, Seungri told me that you are the one who always helped to remind him to talk to me despite occasionally awkwardness. Minji, will you be my girlfriend?” 

 

I was loss for words. All those examples that he stated were the things that I did because of him, with that I nodded my head.

 

“Minji, I love you and happy birthday, my Mingkki,” Daesung said and hugged me.

 

"You are my best friend and boyfriend," I smiled and embraced him back tightly.