Gaining acceptance

2NE1Bang One Shot Collection

Story Title: Gaining Acceptance

Shipping: TopBom

Rating: G

Date published: 4/11/2014

 

It was about a decade ago since I dared to confess my love to a lady. She was my first crush. But what did that lady do? She did something I remembered clearly…

It all started when I liked her long, silky black hair, her sincere heart-warming smile that she would put on. Her scent was breathtaking, even better than those of the flowers. What captured me most were her sparking eyes that were filled with intelligence and sincerity in whatever so does; her nose were sharp and smooth; and lastly, those lips were lovely, I wished I could taste it but I can’t.

I admitted I was big-sized as my fats were a burden to my looks but, hey, I am tall. Nevertheless, I used to be clumsy.  Maybe that was why she rejected me.

I remembered that I was in my teen years and it was the last day of school before the next semester starts. I waited for her, somewhere near her class. When she walked out of her classroom, I immediately, walked beside her. 

“Hey” I began a conversation with her in a dull way.

“Yea?” She answered.

“I am Choi Seunghyun, I am a secret admirer of yours…” I said hastily as I had butterflies in my stomach. Before I even finished what I wanted to say, she cut me off.

“No way! There’s no way I will accept you, you are too fat!” She exclaimed while rolling her eyes at me. Then, she dashed off with her friends away from where I was.

Her harsh words were like a knife, stabbing deep into my heart. Indeed, we can’t judge a book by its cover, she was the quietest and good girl, and she was the teachers’ pet. She seemed innocent, harmless and kind. But she isn’t, she left me paralysed, not literally, but she gave me a hard time before I recovered from that blow on my own as there wasn’t any cure, there wasn’t any rehabs for heartaches. 

When school reopened again, she, together with her friends, came towards me and she asked me by tapping my shoulder, “Seunghyun-ah, how’ve you been?” 
I returned her question with a fake laugh. She’s so funny. Why the hell would she want to ask me how I’ve been? She was ridiculous.

Few years afterwards, Jiyong told me that his band is recruiting so I decided to go for the audition. I passed the audition, but I was needed to lose weight and so I did. I wanted my first crush to regret her choice.

Now that I had slimmed down, tons of women loved me because my looks make them love me. However, in my heart, I only love three women: my mother, my sister and also the lady I am dating. She’s someone famous from the same company I belonged to, but I get to see her daily though. But to round it up, like me, she is also an alien, but who cares? Aliens are awesome!

I remembered that night that changed my life, it was darker than any other days, and it was colder than any other days. We had a misunderstanding. The sky cried as it couldn’t contain its tears any further. For me, I couldn’t bare those words she said to me.  She used a bunch of vulgarities as me. It hurt me; a lot as she would usually tried to be more lady-like and controlled herself.

The cold wind embraced me like a cold blanket. The rain made me even colder. I was wrapped in my sweater and a thick scarf around my neck. A sunglass covered my eyes and a hoodie was wrapped around my head. I wanted to be nobody but it was hard as everyone knows I am TOP. I didn’t had my umbrella with me, I was drenched.

But those raindrops woke me up and made me realised that I shouldn’t be too close with one of the cafeteria staff. She hugged me tightly when my girlfriend wanted to walked towards me. I didn’t know about that until, I heard something dropped. I turned around and realised she was looking for me when she saw that scene. I saw her there, rooted on the spot but I was stunned. Then, my girlfriend ran away.

Why didn’t I push away that cafeteria staff?

Why didn’t I run after her immediately?

 I was by the traffic light, watching the lights blink, blink and blink from red to green and green to red. A screeching sound was heard and a bright light came dashing towards me. I was paralysed on that spot, that car left me paralysed. Then everything afterwards went blank!

“Tabi, Tabi!” I felt someone shaking me. Then flashes of light were all around me, they were from the cameras of the reporters. They were injecting into my eyes. It hurts a lot. My vision recovered afterwards, and saw her, Park Bom. Yes, I am referring to 2NE1’s Park Bom, my girlfriend, my love. I gave her a weak smile and she smiled back wholeheartedly. I felt weak and I felt warm watery substances all around me; it was blood, my blood. I looked around and saw thousands of cameras, reporters and all. 

That was the day when we go public. And ever since then the world knows about us: Park Bom and Choi Seunghyun. And I recovered from the accident because of the blessings from many, especially my fans and those who supported the both of us. Of course, there are fans who could not accept the news. But, acceptance by those who hardly affect my lives hardly affects me, all I need is someone who would be there for me and accepting me whole-heartedly.