Overcoming loneliness of being single

2NE1Bang One Shot Collection

Story title: Overcoming loneliness of being single

Shipping: Taeyangx Dara (Darayang) Ft.Ririn

Rating: G

Date posted: 18.5.2014 (Taeyang’s birthday)

 

I am T to the A to the E, Y to the A. N. G! Yeah, I am Taeyang of Big Bang, the dancer of the group. According to my fans who adored me, they feel that I am awesome, way too awesome! However the depressing fact is that I am not as mighty as what they thought.

 

Why is it so?

 

Being just, Dong Youngbae, 27, still single.

 

Only one word can describe me, what is the word?

 

Bitter.

 

Bitterness never failed to fill me whenever I remembered that I am single. Especially when my fellow Big Bang members have a bit of free time with their phones, they would either text or call their love. While they were doing that, they left the lonely me...

 

Sigh...

 

Indeed, I am seriously a failure. But I still don't understand why but I worked out the most in the group so I have the fittest body. I am supposed to be the manliest guy in my group. But now, I can't even find a girl for myself...

 

Sigh…

 

Maybe it is because I am too picky. Maybe it was because my heart was stolen already by the one I like.

 

She's in the same company as me.

 

Yeah, I know I am straight, it's a girl and I am not a gay.

 

Now the question is, who are the remaining female staffs in my company who are still single excluding the teenagers? In YG entertainment, those single ladies no one really capture my attention except her.

 

I am a fool.

 

Yes, I admitted I am a fool. I only realised I liked her only after the filming of my music video 'I need a girl'. She was so close to me then, she could have been mine then but now it’s hard. Basically, I missed the chance to claim her mine with that song. When we were filming that video, we were mere friends, close friends. I didn't have a crush on her then, it was after that I realised I liked her.

 

Nevertheless, I really need to thank Hyunsuk hyung for the chance for choosing Dara noona as the female lead in my music video. Not only that I needed to thank Jiyong to contact Dara noona. Again, Jiyong had been texting her daily, are they in relationship?

 

Why am I making this judgement?

 

They messaged each other daily.

 

How do I know that Jiyong texts her? I am not a stalker... I am just a good old pal of Kwon Jiyong. It was so coincidental that I saw messages when he left his phone in the open of Big Bang dorm.

 

Wait... Actually I don't know if my members are seeing anyone because we allowed each other to have their private lives other than being in Big Bang. But one thing I know, the members would always refer their love or maybe their crush as 'her'.  Anyway, who cares about who my members like?

 

All I know is that I like Dara and that's it as long as no one steal her she's mine.

 

But would she be stolen away from me? I shall be wary of Jiyong but, we are besties for more than a decade! So, Jiyong aren't a threat, right? I am not sure.

 

I shall confess to Dara first but how to capture her to be mine?

 

C-click

 

Our dorm’s door was unlocked. Who came home this time? At last, I am not lonely, as I don’t have any schedule today so I was in the dorm all alone the whole day. I walked out of my room, closed my door and then walked to the living room. I smiled, it’s him.

"Ri!" I flashed my grin at him while walking towards him.

 

He waved back and greeted, “Hi hyung!”

 

I stopped walking few meters away from him and sprint up him. He was surprised. I wrapped my arms around his body, looking him dearly. This sounds gay and logically, it grossed me out thinking that I done this but I did it.

 

“Ri, I love you,” There I said it.

 

"Hyung, you know I love you, now tell me what you want," Maknae Seunghyun spoke and clearly, he read my mind easily. I am that transparent? Oh ya, I did do something that grossed me out..

 

"How to get noticed by a lady?" I asked him seriously but in a quick manner, mumbling most words. Gosh, it's so embarrassing.

 

That panda man smiled and he added a smirk.

 

Great! It should be something bad should be brewing...  As if on cue, he snapped his fingers, studying my orbs in my eyes, looking deep into my eyeballs, it was as if he was able to scan who I like with just that stare. That was actually something I expected, maybe I should just dig my eyeballs out and hand my eyes to him so that I won't be so fearful of this maknae.

 

"Who is she?" He asked, his stare was intense but not the gay way but rather, in a mind reader way. Whatever the case was, he managed to make me swallow a huge lump of saliva and made me diverted my eyes away from him.

 

"Can we go to somewhere private?" I requested and that made him led me to him room.

 

His room is simple with the furniture of black and white. It was when he shut the door; I saw something I never saw before. I saw the back of door full of photographs, full of photographs of a lady, a blonde hair one, a y one, a pretty one, a famous one. It was full of photographs of Chaerin. You heard me right; it was a door full of photographs of Lee Chaerin also known as CL, the baddest female in Seoul. Why is it so? I am not sure but I know that my eyes went wide, it was something I least expect. It was something I never knew, when was Seungri a fan of Chaerin? It was not only a photograph but a whole door of photograph. A photograph that I recognised the most was the Polaroid. That Polaroid was taken last year, 2013, by me on Chaerin’s birthday, it was a photograph of Chaerin and Seungri. They looked cute though. Now, you might be wondering why do I not know Seungri well enough.  It was because that we don’t actually go to the other members room so that explained my quizzical reaction.

 

"When did you paste those photographs?"

 

"Bae, don't treat me like I have short term memory! You are trying to change the topic. The last time  I remember, you have to answer me who is the girl you like! If you want to know the answer to your question, answer mine first," Seungri said.

 

Seungri sat on by his small coffee table on a armchair while he offered me to have a sit, directly opposite him.

 

"Tell me," He demanded in a nice yet fake tone as he leaned back on the chair.

 

"Can I don't reveal her identity?" I questioned as I decided that if I told him... He might reveal my secret crush to the whole world!

 

"Sure but there's some questions I would ask before helping you," Seungri spoke that seemed as wise like a fortune teller.

 

"Is she a celebrity?" He asked.

 

Hesitantly, I nodded my head.

 

"Is she a dancer?" He asked.

 

I slightly shook my head.

 

"Is she a noona to you?" He asked.

 

I smiled.

 

"It's Dara noona right?"

 

"How... did you know? I thought I said I don't want to reveal who she is..." I stuttered.

 

"You claimed that she is a celebrity so, I would know that person. As the person is not a dancer, she should not be from So Ni Shi Dae and it is not Minji. It cannot be Chaerin as she is younger than you and she's mine, will explain that later. Moreover, it cannot be Bom noona, Seunghyun hyung and her belonged to the same planet. Not only that, you treat Dara noona differently such as the way you look at her," With that, Seungri spoke confidently. His words are ever convincing and indeed he observes things carefully.

 

"How to get her to notice me?" I asked, leaning back on the chair.

 

"Hyung, it's just use PAC-man. P is to shower her with presents that she likes. A is to show your affection towards her. C is to confess, script out your confession and practice regularly. Man is to be a namja! Be a like one! Be generous with your gifts, words, affections, skin ships and whatever!" Seungri adviced.

 

"What presents to give? How to show affection? How do I confess?" I asked him.

 

"Hyung..." He whined, "I can't believe you don't know all these!"

 

He stood up and walked around, grabbing few items, he instructed, "Write down what I say and you would be able to succeed!" After scribing down what makane told me, "Ri, thanks!"

 

He smiled.

 

"Tell me about her," I spoke.

 

"Hyung..." He whined with a frown.

 

"Is she your girlfriend?" I asked.

 

"She isn't..." He murmured but I am able to hear it, his face immerge a slight smile then his face turned bitter.

 

"You like her?" I asked.

 

He nodded his head violently with a wide grin.

 

"I'll help you!" I volunteered.

 

"Really hyung?" He asked, with that, I nodded my head. Afterwards, he stood up. His arms were wrapped around my neck and he hugged it tightly.

 

"But Ri, how to have private time with Dara?” I asked.

 

“I will help you!” He grinned.

 

“Can you don’t expose who I like, please? I will also help you!” I suggested.

 

He nodded his head in agreement with that our mission to help each other to get our crushes’ heart.

 

A week later, I leaned towards the wall of YG building while spying at Seungri while he carried out his mission.

 

“Annyeong!” Seungri greeted the 2NE1 girls and then walked in the dance room. The girls were currently having their break.

 

“Dara Noona!” He spoke loud enough for me to hear.

 

“Yes?” She asked.

 

“Here is a teddy bear!” He spoke and gave it to her.

 

“Why are you giving it to me?” She asked.

 

“I was told by your secret admirer to ask you out for dinner tonight,” He grinned.

 

 “Who?” She asked.

 

“The hint is in the teddy bear,” He grinned and left Dara for Chaerin who was talking with Minji.

 

“Woah… Dara you seriously have too much admirers!” Bom teased Dara.

 

“Chaerin,” Seungri said.

 

“Yes?” Chaerin replied.

 

“Do you know which cat on this earth has the prettiest eyes?” He asked.

 

“Aren’t all cats the same?” She asked and continued, “Stop asking stupid question!”

 

The answer is, “Chaecat, you.”

 

“Eww…” Chaerin spoke, walking away from him, making the distance between them wide. Yet, her speed could not bet those of Seungri’s were he was as swift as an arrow and he grabbed her right wrist.

 

It was as if time froze, everything seemed slow according to Chaerin as Seungri was able to pull her right in front of him. She was rooted to the ground by his swift actions. He then wrapped his arms around her waist. Their lips were only inches apart when Chaerin suddenly came back to reality, she swung her left wrist, when it was about to go across his face, Chaerin left wrist was paralysed by Seungri’s strong grip. With that, Seungri had full control of Chaerin’s wrists. He pulled both his arms backwards, making Chaerin fall towards him with both of their lips touching each other’s. The other 2NE1 members were gasping in surprise that Chaerin reacted to his Seungri’s kiss. Maybe for that moment, Seungri and Chaerin were the only ones in the world but oh well, I get to watch a live show!

 

I can’t believe Seunghyun maknae is so capable in doing this. Indeed, he gets victory! But then again, things are not going according to our plan. It was supposed that I will give the box of Rilakkuma chocolates and give to Chaerin after Seungri left the room and said that it is a gift from Seungri. Maybe, I will just give Seungri the chocolate and he presents it himself. Sometimes, actions are made because of feelings despite how you plan it.

Seungri was enjoying himself in his own world but he signalled a showed a hand sign which indicates ‘c’ by curling his fingers and it showed it to me at the back of Chaerin’s waist that was facing the door as no one should know that we are allies.

 

With that, I placed the box of chocolates on the floor and gave it a heavy push so it is able to reach Seungri’s feet. Once the box reached somewhere nears him, he broke the kiss then the hug. He bent down and reached for the box and presented to her.

 

“I made these Rilakkuma chocolates,” He flashed a smile and continued his sentence after the short pause, “while thinking about you…”

 

At that moment, Chaerin hugged him.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked and she nodded. There, the girl cheered for her leader and the maknae of Big Bang.

 

It was so simple for Seungri, confessing to a girl but it is hard for me.

 

Later that night…

 

I was in the restaurant an hour earlier to prepare myself.  To my horror, Dara was half an hour earlier than 7pm.She was escorted to my seat by a waitress.

 

“Um.. Hi,” She began.

 

“Hi, Dara,” I spoke and she looked away.

 

Why is she looking away? Oh wait, I forgot that Seungri helped me put on the blonde wig that has long hair and shades, before he left with Chaerin for their first date. Why? They say it can make me least obvious that I am an idol so reporters won’t come after us.

 

Aisht… I pulled down my wig and took off the shades.

 

“Youngbae?” She gasped and I nodded.

 

“What were you doing? Was I late?” She asked.

 

“I was trying to hide from reporters when entering this restaurant,” I said.

 

She laughed.

 

“You didn’t cut open the bear?” I asked.

 

“I can’t resist to,” She said.

 

I smiled, I knew it, luckily, I didn’t put my love note inside it.

 

“I liked you noona,” I spoke in a speedy way but I knew my words were clear.

 

“Knew it!” I saw Dara laughing slightly.

 

“You knew it all along?” I asked.

 

“Nope but I saw you giving Seungri the chocolates just now,” She laughed.

 

“No… I didn’t hide well?” I asked.

 

“Yep!” She nodded her head.

 

She continued, “I agree to be your girlfriend because I had been waiting for you all along but you never confessed to me. You are always the gentlemen so I thought you might want to take a move first.”

 

“What!” I gasped.

 

“What?” Dara asked.

 

“I didn’t know that girlfriends can be obtained easily…” I said and she laughed.

 

“Maybe I would just reject you for this time, there is no way a girl is accepting a confession by a guy who only treats a dinner…” She said.

 

“Noona… You are mine, mine and mine with respect to few seconds ago!” I whined.

 

And that was my adventure to get Dara noona to be mine and since then, I am not a grumpy, lonely guy who needs love but rather Daesung and Jiyong and that alien Seunghyun.

 

Why?

 

We were playing a truth and dare game and realised that I was the sensitive one that wanted a girlfriend because I am just a lonely guy.

Sorry... Recently, I am held up by school work and exams so somehow my story is weird... 

Upvote & Comment!