Chapter 5

Baby, Don't Cry

 

.
.
Baby Don't Cry
by: MidnightNightingale

Soo Hee was looking at her professor while leaning on her hand which was propped up on her desk. She wasn’t listening. Her mind was somewhere else, more specifically, someone else. Her mind decided to take a trip back the events of yesterday when Suho invited her to a stroll in the park after classes.

Suho has been the best thing that happened ever since she started high school. It’s been two months since Chan Yeol introduced him to her and they became friends. She’d be lying to herself if she said that she didn’t have a small crush, okay, huge crush on him. Who wouldn’t? He was charming, sweet, kind, and not to mention very handsome.

Soo Hee sighed unconsciously when the teacher called for her attention.

“Miss Park!” The man slammed his ruler on my desk. She flinched.

“Y-yes?” Soo Hee stammered. Great Soo Hee. Just great.

“Solve the question on the board!”

Soo Hee stared at the words written on the board as she adjusted her glasses before mentally scowling. She didn’t have a single clue about the ‘Meiji Era’. She could feel the pressure building up inside her as the teacher tapped his foot on the tiled floor.

“Um… It’s…” She struggled to find the correct guess.

“We don’t have all day, Miss Park.”

Soo Hee was panicking when the bell which signaled lunch break rang. She sighed and slumped back down on her seat as the teacher just shook his head in disappointment and annoyance.

“We’ll continue tomorrow, class. And Miss Park?”

Soo Hee looked up at her professor.

“Five hundred word essay on the Meiji Era due tomorrow, 8 a.m. on my desk. Capisch?”

Soo Hee nodded in response. As soon as the class did their bows and farewells and the teacher was gone, she stretched her arms and waited for Ha Ra to arrive in the classroom like always. She laid her head on the table and sighed, trying to replay the memories of yesterday when she felt someone staring at her. She peeked from her arms and saw Jae Hee sitting across from her, staring at her with interest and amusement.

“What?” Soo Hee asked.

“Someone’s in love.” Jae Hee smirked to which Soo Hee just snorted and laughed.

“How would someone like you know?” Soo Hee asked provokingly.

“It shows.”

“What’s your basis?”

“You.”

Soo Hee was about to answer back when she heard her name being called. Turning around from her seat, she saw Suho by the door. He was talking to one of her classmates who pointed at her direction. Suho and Soo Hee’s eyes locked and he smiled and waved at her shyly. She felt her cheeks burn as he signaled for her to come with him.

“See?”

She turned around to glare at a smirking Jae Hee before standing up and walking towards the door.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” She asked Suho who was leaning on the wall just beside the door. He looked at her and smiled before grabbing her hand and pulling her along the corridors.

“Let’s have lunch at the rooftop.” Suho said before she could even protest.

He dragged her along the halls of students who broke into whispers and fits of giggles when they were seen. Soo Hee could just die right there and then. Suho led her to the rooftop where a small picnic was prepared for two. She stared in amazement before she felt Suho tug her hand and motion for her to sit down next to him. Soo Hee could feel water from watching the plates of sandwiches and brownies and the tall pitcher of orange juice.

“What’s the occasion?” Soo Hee asked jokingly as she sat just beside him.

“Hm? Oh, it’s the day we first met and the day when I…” Suho pulled something out of his pocket and Soo Hee’s eyes literally grew in saucers when he grabbed her right hand and slid a ring into her middle finger.

“Ask you to be my girlfriend.”

Soo Hee was speechless.

“So, Park Soo Hee, will you be my one and only dazzling girl?” He asked chuckling as he kneeled in front of her.

Soo Hee could feel tears blocking her view and her heart beating faster than normal. She wasn’t expecting this. She was in no way expecting this, but she felt really glad at the moment. Her love has been returned even before she could confess!

“Wait, why are you crying? Did I do something wrong? Oh no, don’t tell me.” Suho gulped.

“You like someone else?” He said in defeat.

Soo Hee just laughed and smiled before enveloping Suho in a hug that caught him by surprise.

“Yes, of course, Suho!” Soo Hee said in pure happiness to which Suho flashed his most charming smile before lifting her up in his arms.

“Ever since I met you, you’ve never left my mind. It didn’t take long for me to realize that I love you, Soo Hee. I was just looking for the right moment.”

Soo Hee felt Suho kiss her forehead and she blushed intensely. He chuckled as she bent down her head when her stomach suddenly grumbled, breaking the sweet atmosphere.

“S-sorry.” Soo Hee muttered, embarrassed.

“Time to feed my girl!”

Soo Hee smiled and had a great lunch with Suho all the while laughing and sharing sweet stories under the spring sun.

She loves him. Soo Hee loves him.

 

She loved him.

“Miss Park Soo Hee.”

Soo Hee snapped out of her daydreaming and looked at her fuming History teacher who was impatiently tapping his desk with a pen.

“Your answer?”

Soo Hee looked at the question on the board and without a second thought, answered knowingly.

“Forging an alliance with the Tang Dynasty of China, Silla was able to subjugate Baekje in 660 and Goguryeo in 668. The unification of the Korean Peninsula was further consolidated when Silla repelled expeditionary forces from Tang in 676.” Soo Hee mentally smirked when she saw her teacher look at her in utter shock and disbelief when she got the answer right. He was still gaping at her when the bell rang and all the students started to head out of the classroom.

Soo Hee walked with Jae Hee towards the cafeteria when they saw Ha Ra walking towards them.

“Hey, you two! Lunch?” Ha Ra chirped.

“No. Breakfast.” Jae Hee answered sarcastically to which Ha Ra just rolled her eyes. The three of them were just entering the cafeteria when Soo Hee spotted something she did not expect.

Suho. Sitting in his usual seat, he was happily chatting with Chan Yeol and smiling with the others. Soo Hee unconsciously clenched her lunch bag and stopped moving.

“What are you standing there for?” Ha Ra asked before following her gaze and muttering a soft ‘oh’. It was Jae Hee who pulled her by the arm, making her almost trip as she was dragged towards the table.

“Kris-ge.” Jae Hee said as the three of them stood in front of the gigantic round table with Soo Hee hiding behind Jae Hee.

“Move over, guys.” Kris demanded and she saw Jae Hee take a seat next to Kris while motioning for her to take a seat already.

Soo Hee sat awkwardly between Jae Hee and Ha Ra who was next to a grim-looking Chan Yeol. She looked up from her lunch and she swears her heart momentarily stopped. There, just across from her, was Suho staring at her intently. He was sitting between Baek Hyun and Xiumin who were both busy texting. She just stared at him as he smiled at her in greeting.

“Soo Hee, you look pale.” She turned her head to glance at the maknae of the gang, Tao. She opened to say that she was fine, but nothing came out so she just closed and gave Tao a small smile. From the corner of her eye, she could see Chan Yeol worriedly looking at her and she could hear Jae Hee’s voice telling her to relax.

Oddly enough, lunch ended normally. She would occasionally sneak a peek at Suho while he was busy laughing at Baek Hyun’s jokes. Suho would sometimes catch her staring at him and he would flash his heart-melting smile. No words were exchanged between them.  It was like he didn’t even know her. Maybe he was trying to ignore her?

Chan Yeol and Kris were both in a bad mood as they stayed silent for the entire time which was very abnormal, especially Chan Yeol.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

The group was exiting the cafeteria and walking towards their next classes when Soo Hee decied to go get a soda. Jae Hee and Ha Ra left earlier without her. She was by the vending machine when she heard someone behind her. Turning around, she almost dropped her can out of shock.

“Suho-oppa.” Soo Hee softly said.

Suho stared at her with surprise and confusion as if she has called him by the wrong name.

“How do you know that name?” He asked curiously, his brows furrowing.

“I… I’m…ah…”

No words could be formed from . She was fidgeting and trying hard not to cry and run towards him to give him the tightest hug she could muster. Suho stared at her, waiting for her answer.

Soo Hee had her head bent low, trying to think of the right thing to do next. She was gripping the can rather tightly and she was biting her lip in anticipation.

“Excuse me…”

Suho’s voice made her look up and she found herself glued to the spot as she stared at his eyes.

“Do I know you?”

Soo Hee dropped the soda can she was holding, spilling the drink on the ground, just like how the tears in her eyes suddenly spilled.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Ayoo! 

I just want to thank all of those who have subscribed to this story and I'd like to express my gratitude through some way, although I don't know what. Please continue to support this story! I hope you guys would tell me what you think of Suho and Soo Hee's love story! I'm open to any criticism and comments. :))

I'll be updating Chapter 6 and 7 soon! Just an additional note, please read my two oneshot stories, starring Lay and Sehun! XD Haha.

I've got news! Baby, Don't Cry is book one of my EXO Series, so for those Lay fans out there, I hope you await his love story in Peter Pan. 

That's it for now! Ciao!

JUST SO RANDOM!  ©  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED