Chapter 4

Baby, Don't Cry

 

.
.
Baby Don't Cry
by: MidnightNightingale

“Soo Hee, breakfast is ready.”

“I’m not hungry.”

Soo Hee stayed under the protective covers of her bed with no intention of getting up. She just wanted to be left alone as Chanyeol’s words replayed over and over again in her head.

“He doesn’t love you anymore!”

Salty tears trailed down her cheeks. Funny how she never seem to run out of tears even after all those times she cried her heart out. Funny that the reason for all those tears and agonizing days was just one person.

“Soo Hee, you have a visitor.” She heard her mother say from the other side of the door.

“I’m not interested.”

“It’s me, Soo Hee. Let me in.”

Soo Hee didn’t respond and just turned to face the wall. She heard the door open and the loud clank of what seemed like heels.

“Hey, what’s the big dea-!” Soo Hee exclaimed as the blanket that covered her was stripped away.

“Get up, Park Soo Hee.” Jae Hee’s intimidating gaze stared me down. I pulled the blankets up to cover my yellow pajamas as Jae Hee proceeded to look at her with an annoyed expression.

“What do you want, Jae Hee?”

“Get up and leave.”

“What?” She stared at her intruder shockingly.

“Get up and leave this goddamn house.”

“What are you talking about?”

Jae Hee pulled me her up from the bed and pushed her into the bathroom.

“Ten minutes. Hurry up.”

Soo Hee stared at the door before finally giving into the demands of her friend.

~mylovewillprotectyou~ 

After a good fifteen minutes, Soo Hee came out and saw Jae Hee sitting on her computer chair while reading one of her novels.

“What are you wearing?” Soo Hee asked as she took in Jae Hee’s outfit – a blue navy dress that fell just above her knees and matching three-inch blue heels. Her hair now-curled hair fell down up to her mid-back while her bangs complimented her lightly made-up face.

“Don’t ask.” Jae Hee replied, pissed. Soo Hee just shrugged and pulled out some normal clothes from her closet – a white V-neck shirt, light blue shorts, and converse tennis shoes. She tied her hair into a loose bun and hesitantly wore the bracelet Suho gave her.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

“So where are we going?” Soo Hee asked as they walked with Jae Hee practically dragging her.

“We are going to see Kim Joon Myeon.”

Soo Hee broke free from Jae Hee’s grip on her wrist and looked at her friend with bewilderment.

“I am not ready to see him yet, Jae! Not after what Yeol said to me!” Soo Hee answered back as her face turned red in anger. How dare Jae Hee pull her out of her sanctuary and decide everything! She glared at Jae Hee who just looked back at her with a placid expression.

“I’m going home.” Soo Hee her heels and started to walk away when she stopped at Jae Hee’s next statement.

“Don’t you want to know if what Chan Yeol said was true?”

She turned around to face her friend and sighed. Of course she wants to know, but she was afraid. Afraid of the truth.

“Jae Hee, I-”

“We’ll just see. No talking. I promise.” Jae Hee explained while crossing her fingers. Soo Hee thought about it for a moment before finally giving in.

“Fine.”

“Atta girl.”

“You sound like Yi Fan-oppa.”

“He is my brother, after all.” Jae Hee shrugged.

“Step brother.” Soo Hee corrected.

“Whatever. Doesn’t change a thing. He’s still family.”

“Riiiight.” Soo Hee sarcastically said and Jae Hee just rolled her eyes.

No conversation happened between them as they made their way to their destination. The walk was tiring as Soo Hee just, most of the time, stared at the ground while Jae Hee texted away on her phone. It was not until she bumped into Jae Hee’s back that she realized where they were.

The gigantic gate was still the same as she remembered. She could see the garden from outside and the gigantic mansion standing proudly in the middle of the estate.

Panic ran through her system as she watched Jae Hee try to climb the wall of Suho’s estate. Soo Hee grabbed her friend’s ankle who was already halfway over the wall making Jae Hee look down at her.

“Maybe we should just go, Jae.”

“No! We’re already here! We freakin’ walked all the way here!”

“Then we should have just ridden a cab!” Soo Hee harshly replied.

“Let me go, Soo. I’m gonna pull you up.”

Minutes later, Soo Hee was inside Suho’s property. Memories started to cloud her vision again as she stared at the all too familiar sceneries where Suho used to bring her.

 

“No peeking!” Suho commanded as he had his left hand covering Soo Hee’s eyesight from behind while leading her with his right hand.

“Are we there yet?” Soo Hee asked excitedly.

“Not yet.”

Soo Hee could feel that she was stepping on dirt because her heels were sinking ocassionally into the ground. A few more steps and she felt Suho stop and she anticipated the moment he removes his hand from her vision.

“Now, open our eyes!” Suho removed her hand and Soo Hee wore her glasses before opening her eyes to a small gazebo in the middle of a man-made pond with a  wooden bridge connesting it to the shore.

“It’s beautiful!” Soo Hee exclaimed.

“A beautiful place for a beautiful girl.” Suho smiled his charming smile which made Soo Hee blush madly. Being in a relationship with Suho has brought her nothing but pure happiness.

“What are we d-doing here, anyway?” Soo Hee tried to change the subject as she fidgeted with her fingers.

“We’re gonna have a romantic lunch here.” Suho grabbed her by the hand and led her towards the gazebo where a small table made for two was ready with food and a variety of sweets.

“Yah, oppa! This is just too much!” Soo Hee complained. She felt like she was abusing Suho’s kindness and expensive gifts while she could not even afford anything expensive for her boyfriend.

“I’ll go all out if it means seeing your surprised and happy face everytime!” Suho exclaimed and wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her close and plant a light kiss on her forehead.

“I don’t need anything, Soo. You loving me is enough.” He said.

“I love you, oppa.”

“I love you too.”

 

Soo Hee snapped out of her reverie when she felt Jae Hee pull her behind a tree. She watched as a guard strolled towards their direction before turning to a corner. She felt a tug and soon, she and Jae Hee were ducking and hiding from the watchful eyes while trying to reach the mansion.

“Jae Hee, we’re going to ge ourselves caught!” Soo Hee whispered as they squatted below a window. She only received a silent signal from her companion as Jae Hee tried to peek at the corner to see if the coast was clear.

Soo Hee started to fidget and panic when something caught her attention. A voice. Shivers ran down her spine and her eyes widened as she listened to the voice.

“Thanks.”

She whirled her head and peeked at the window above her. Just like she thought, she watched as the man she has been waiting for the past five months sat on a couch, his face still the way she remembered it. Even his voice was still the same one that made her melt with every sweet phrase that was whispered in her ear. His hair was now a darker shade of brown and it framed his porcelain face in a messy but alluring way. His eyes still had that same glint of kindness and his smile was still as charming as ever. He was still the same. All, except one detail.

“Here you go, Suho.”

“Thank you, Chan Hee.”

Soo Hee watched as a girl sat next to Suho, offering him tea and giving him a sweet smile. She felt her heart clench as Suho returned her smile with one of his own. That smile which he only used to give to her was now seen by another. She couldn’t hear what they were saying. Her eyes were glued at Suho. She was about to call out to him when Suho suddenly hugged the girl beside him, making her choke in her own saliva.

Jae Hee pulled her away from the window and out of the mansion. They stood outside the estate, silence enveloping them except for the labored pants they each let out.

“Soo Hee, I don’t know what to say.” Jae Hee softly said.

The image of Suho’s arms around another girl flashed in her mind. She looked at the sky before finally giving in and sliding down onto the cold pavement as she buried her face between her hands. Soo Hee felt Jae Hee hug her and all she heard for the next seconds was the phrase ‘Let it out’. Soo Hee’s eyes began to water before whe finally broke down and cried in her friend’s arms until she could feel no more tears running down her cheeks.

Her tears were all for him. It has always been and always will.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

Jae Hee watched Soo Hee’s pained expression as her friend stared at the scene from the window. She expected Chanyeol to be wrong, but now, she was starting to contemplate that maybe that giant was right all along.

She could see her friend about to break down so before that happened, she pulled Soo Hee away from the scene where Soo Hee finally broke and cried.

“Let it out, Soo. Just let it all out.” she patted Soo Hee’s back as the latter whimpered in her arms.

She didn’t want to see her friends crying. She wanted to do something but she didn't know what.

JUST SO RANDOM!  ©  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED