Chapter 10

Baby, Don't Cry

 

.
.
Baby Don't Cry
by: MidnightNightingale

Soo Hee was feeling elated. She was happy and proud of herself. She was finally starting to move on.

“Park Soo Hee! Where are you going?”

Soo Hee turned around to smile at Jae Hee who was walking with an unusually large backpack on her back.

“To the park, why?” She asked.

“Let me come. I’m dying of boredom.” Jae Hee complained as she dragged Soo Hee towards the school’s wide park. Soo Hee eyed the bag on her friend’s back before raising a skeptical brow. What is inside that thing?

“Annyeong, dongsaengs!” Ha Ra called out from beneath a tree. She was sitting with Chan Yeol and Min Seok who were busily munching on their snacks.

Soo Hee and Jae Hee made their way to their friends and plopped down on the soft grass. Soo Hee smiled at Min Seok who just blushed and smiled back at her before getting a teasing nudge from his seatmate, Chan Yeol.

“Congratulations on your first date!” Chan Yeol exclaimed as he took a bite from his turkey sandwich.

“Wha- How did y- That’s not e-” Soo Hee stammered as she looked at her cousin disbelievingly before her gaze landed on a smiling Ha Ra.

“Oh please, Soo. Everyone from the gang knows. Xiumin did ask you out in the middle of the field, remember?” Chan Yeol answered.

Soo Hee mentally slapped herself from forgetting that fact. She felt someone touch her hand and she looked up to see Min Seok handing her a can of soda and a cup of noodles.

“Eat up.” He said.

“Thanks.” Soo Hee gratefully took the food offered to her and smiled at her upperclassman.

“Well isn’t that sweet? I think I’m gonna puke.” Jae Hee commented while making puking sounds and laughing with Chan Yeol and Ha Ra. Soo Hee couldn’t help but blush and so did Min Seok.

“Oh come on! No need to be like that! You guys should just be lovey-dovey in front of us!” Jae Hee exclaimed while holding her stomach as it started to ache from her excessive laughing.

“Yah! We’re not a couple!” Soo Hee threw a piece of tissue at her friend’s face.

“Yet.” Ha Ra finished as she high-fived Chan Yeol.

Soo Hee glared at her friends and, without much thought; she splashed her soda at Jae Hee’s laughing face. Everyone stopped laughing as Jae Hee stared at her wet clothes and hair. Soo Hee laughed out loud, content with the reaction she got from Jae Hee.

“Serves you right! Just look at your face!” Soo Hee wiped a tear from her eye as she clutched her sides.

Everyone was looking at her. She stopped laughing and stared at them.

“What?” She asked.

There was silence.

“You laughed.” Chan Yeol was the first to speak.

“Yeah, so?”

“You laughed so hard.” Ha Ra continued.

“Again, I don’t see the point of this.”

“It’s been so long. You’re finally laughing like you used to.” Jae Hee stated.

“I-”

“It’s been so long…”

Soo Hee turned to Min Seok who spoke last. He was smiling that radiant smile of his and Soo Hee could feel herself blush.

“I don’t know why this is such a big deal!” Soo Hee huffed as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“Don’t you get it?! You’re moving on!” Jae Hee exclaimed.

“Stupid! Of course I’m moving on! I’m not gonna sit around and just wallow in my own misery again. I’m. Moving. On.” Soo Hee said proudly.

“Promise us that you will continue with this path and smile more for us, okay?” Ha Ra said as she held onto Soo Hee’s shoulder.

“I promise.”

“My little Soo is back!” Chan Yeol immediately enveloped her in a hug and she just giggled.

“Don’t you ever let Suho take away your happiness, okay? I don’t want to see you crying yourself to sleep at night ever again. Ever.” Chan Yeol said before letting her go.

“Don’t worry, oppa. I won’t. I’ll forget about him and hopefully, I’ll find someone who is perfect for me as I am to him.” Soo Hee said as she stole a quick glance at Min Seok who was smiling at her.

“This calls for a celebration!” Chan Yeol stood up and exclaimed. In his excitement, he tripped over Jae Hee’s big bag and landed on his bum while the contents spilled onto the ground.

“Oh my God!” Soo Hee exclaimed as she saw the contents of the bag.

“Wu Jae Hee, explain youself! What are these for?!” Ha Ra was angry.

“Protection.”

“What? Protection from what?” Min Seok asked as he eyed the clubs and various knives and guns.

“Not a what. A who.”

“Protection from who then?” Min Seok asked again.

“Wait, these weapons. Where did you get these? You’re a minor!” Ha Ra yelled at the sitting girl.

“I got them from gege’s chest.” Jae Hee smiled innocently.

“Excuse me. I have to go and strangle a blonde idiot.” Ha Ra stated before storming away from them.

“Well, Jae Hee-ssi? What are these for?” Min Seok asked for the third time.

“I told you. They’re for protection.”

“Against who?” Chan Yeol asked as he rubbed his aching bum.

“A guy named Lu Han.”

“What?” Chan Yeol and Min Seok asked in unison.

“Is this Lu Han the guy who kept following you?” Soo Hee finally asked, confirming her suspicions.

“Yup.”

“Why are you associating yourself with him?! Him, of all people! I have to go now.” Chan Yeol said before storming away like what Ha Ra did earlier.

As the three watched Chan Yeol’s retreating figure, Soo Hee sighed and got up from her seat followed by Min Seok.

“I guess the party is postponed.” Jae Hee stated.

“Jae Hee, just keep those things before you get into trouble.” Soo Hee advised her friend before walking away.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

“Soo Hee-ssi! Soo Hee-ssi!” Min Seok called out.

Soo Hee stopped walking and flashed a smile at Min Seok.

“Yes, Min Seok-oppa?”

“I just want to you know, um, just… uh…” Min Seok stammered as he tried to think of what to say.

“Oppa? Are you okay?” Soo Hee giggled softly at Min Seok’s embarrassed expression.

“I just wanted to know if I can walk you home…If you don’t mind, that is.” Min Seok was looking at the ground while rubbing the back of his neck.

Soo Hee blushed. She could never get used to the fact that one of the most popular guys in school has had a crush on her. Then again, I’ve already dated one. She sighed to herself which sounded like a ‘no’ to Min Seok’s ears.

“I-I see. Okay then. I’ll just see you tomorrow.” Min Seok was about to leave when Soo Hee grabbed the sleeve of his uniform and shook her head.

“No, I would love to walk home with you, oppa.” She smiled.

Min Seok could feel his heart beating like crazy. He was smiling like an idiot, he thought, as he told Soo Hee to wait for him by the gate while he picks up his stuff. Soo Hee nodded and made her way to the gate where she waited by one of the nearby benches. Taking out a book from her bag, she began to read as the wind blew softly past her. She fixed her glasses and flipped the page when she noticed a figure standing right in front of her. She looked up and her book fell from her hands. She just sat there. No, what is this? I shouldn’t be feeling this again! Her hand shook slightly and tears threatened to escape her eyes yet she kept them from falling.

“Here.”

She felt the book being placed onto her hand and she looked at the figure’s face which was graced with a small smile that still made him look amazing. She turned away when their eyes met and she grabbed the sling of her bag and stood up.

“No wait, please.”

Soo Hee stopped when she felt his hand on her wrist. It brought shivers down her spine and made her heart beat loud and strong. Dammit.

“What do you want, Joon Myeon-oppa? I’m in a hurry, you see.” She said in her coldest voice.

“Can we please talk?”

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Mianhe for not updating so long!!! I had one hell of a school week! I hope you'll continue to follow this stroy through and please read my other stories. xD 

So what do you think of Baby, Don't Cry so far? Comment, share and subscribe, ne? Sankyuu! xD

So anyway, I've been coming up with weird haikus lately. And they're not in the least, NOT bloody. Mwahahah... 

I'm evil and I know it. This is Midnight, signing off. Ciao for now!

JUST SO RANDOM!  ©  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED