Chapter 9

Baby, Don't Cry

 

.
.
Baby Don't Cry
by: MidnightNightingale

“So...”

Soo Hee looked up from her textbook to meet the grinning face of Ha Ra and mischievous smile of Jae Hee who were both sitting in front of her desk. She closed her text book and crossed her arms on top of her desk and leaned in. Jae Hee and Ha Ra excitedly leaned in, waiting for the juicy details of her date with Min Seok last night.

“Why would I tell you?” Soo Hee whispered at her friends before leaning back on her seat and smiling triumphantly.

They were the only people in her classroom since it was free period and the others went out to play. Soo Hee was still smiling as she looked at her friends’ disappointed and pleading looks.

“I’ll tell.” Jae Hee warned.

“Tell what?” she countered while raising a brow.

Jae Hee didn’t answer and Soo Hee snorted.

“Fail! Faiiiil!” she giggled.

“Oh come on, Soo Hee! Tell us! You ignored all our messages for the whole weekend!” Jae Hee cried, annoyed but Soo Hee just shook her head with a smile.

“How about this then…” Ha Ra leaned onto Soo Hee’s ear and whispered something that made her eyes go big and her smile to reach her ears.

“Sure. Fair deal.” Soo Hee nodded and Ha Ra looked at Jae Hee.

“What? What? What? Is she gonna tell?” Jae Hee was bouncing on her seat.

“Only if you do as she says. A dare, to be exact.” Ha Ra answered with a smile.

Soo Hee smirked at Jae Hee who glared at her. She knew that someone like Jae Hee wouldn’t back down from a dare and judging from what her unnie has just told her, she knew that Jae Hee would be in for a surprise.

“Fine. I’m game.” Jae Hee crossed her arms across her chest and leaned back on her seat with her legs crossed, looking all high and mighty like a certain someone.

“Sit straight, Jae. Stop following Kris’ habits and attitude.” Ha Ra scolded Jae Hee.

“Whatever. Okay, Soo. Spill it.” Jae Hee commanded.

Soo Hee took a deep breath and smiled to herself as she told her friends what had happened two nights ago.

 

Soo Hee and Min Seok were busily going through a rack of clothes. Standing on opposite sides, Min Seok would occasionally steal a glance at Soo Hee before turning his head down to avoid getting caught. Soo Hee would also steal a glance at Min Seok, always seeing him smiling to himself and making her smile too.

“Try this on.”

Soo Hee looked up from the rack to see a mint green piece of cloth held in front of her. She took it and tilted her head to a blushing Min Seok who just pushed her towards the dressing room.

“Yah, oppa!” Soo Hee whined as she was pushed through one of the doors. She stared at the cloth in her hand and scratched the back of her head.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

Min Seok paced just outside the dressing room, his hands sweating with excitement and pure embarrassment at what he had just done. The moment he laid eyes on the mint green clothing, he knew exctly then and there that that oufit was made for Soo Hee, so, he did what any other guy who had the same personality as Min Seok would do. He pushed his date into the dressing room with the dress.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

Soo Hee took one last look at the mirror. The outfit she was wearing hugged her waist comfortably, the bodice a light shade of green. The skirt was a ruffled red that reached an inch above her knees.

In her opinion, the dress didn’t fit her. Soo Hee exhaled and went out of the dressing room.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

Min Seok was getting worried and a tad impatient. Soo Hee was talking too long. He was about to knock on the door of the dressing room when it opened.

Min Seok gasped.

Soo Hee stared at him with wide eyes.

“You look absolutely…”

“Horrible. I know.” Soo Hee grimaced as she made a move to close the door once again and change. Min Seok hastily grabbed her wrist and shook his head in disapproval.

“You look amazing, Soo Hee-ssi.” Min Seok smiled.

Soo Hee could only look at him with a disbelieving look. Min Seok smiled and without wasting another second, he snatched his phone from his pocket and took a quick picture of his companion before she could even complain.

“Yah, Min Seok – oppa! Delete that!” Soo Hee reached for the phone that now contained what she thinks is one of the most epic photos of her.

“No!”

Min Seok tried his best to keep the phone away from the girl. No way was he deleting that cute picture. He was so busy laughing that he failed to notice the group of sales ladies that were currently giggling at them. It wasn’t until one of them commented on how cute he and Soo Hee looked did he stop moving and Soo Hee finally grabbed his phone.

“Yah, I look like and elf here!” Soo Hee exclaimed as she tried to find the ‘delete’ option.

“A very cute elf.” Min Seok concluded before snatching his phone back from behind her and draping one arm across her shoulder.

Soo Hee’s eyes widened and he looked at him. Bad move. Their faces were inches apart and Min Seok smiled at her, gesturing her to look at the phone he has positioned in front of them for a little selca.

“Oppa, no!” Soo Hee whined but Min Seok just pleaded until she finally gave in.

There was a click and voila! She now has a cute picture with Kim Min Seok. Soo Hee went back into the dressing room to change and when she came out, Min Seok grabbed the dress she wore earlier and proceeded to the counter.

“Please wrap this up.”

“Oppa, what are you doing?!” Soo Hee asked bewildered as she watched the red and green dress being stuffed in a paper bag.

“Hm? Oh, I’m buying it.” Min Seok gave a nod of thanks to the cashier and then turned around to give her the bag.

“For you.”

“But I can-”

“Just take it. Please?” Min Seok  pouted cutely at her and she just couldn’t say no.

“Thank you.” She said softly with a small smile as she held onto the bag.

“Your welcome. Now let’s go eat. I’m starving for some baozi.”

 

Jae Hee was staring at her.

Ha Ra was grinning at her like a madman.

“Well, that’s about it.” Soo Hee concluded the story.

There was a moment of silence before Ha Ra literally tackled her into a tight hug.

“Aigoo! That was so cute! Xiumin-oppa sure knows how to be cute for someone his age!” Ha Ra said as she let go of Soo Hee.

“So he brought you a dress… Hmmm…” Jae Hee raised a brow as she stared at the floor as if thinking deeply.

“Yeah. So now that I shared that information, it’s time for you to do your end of the bargain.” Soo Hee pointed at Jae Hee who finally looked up at her. Ha Ra giggled uncontrollably as she poked Jae Hee’s sides repeatedly.

“Come on. Out with it.” Ha Ra playfully teased Jae Hee.

“Out with what? I thought I was supposed to do some kind of dare…” Jae Hee looked baffled.

“I dare you to tell me about you and that guy you’ve been seeing.” Soo Hee smirked at her fellow maknae, making Jae Hee’s eyes go wide and for her to sit straight as she glared daggers at Ha Ra.

“You did not just tell her.” Jae Hee’s brows met as she glared at Ha Ra.

“Maybe, maybe not.” Ha Ra just shrugged as a playful smirk appeared on her lips.

“Why you-”

“Jae! Just spill it already!” Soo Hee impatiently yelled making the other groan and sigh in frustration.

“Fine! Some random guy keeps popping out of nowhere wherever I am most of the time. I don’t know what his problem is but he’s really annoying and, god, a big baby! That’s it. Not a big deal in any way.” Jae Hee shrugged as she leaned back in her seat.

“Not a big deal? Not a big deal?!” Ha Ra exclaimed.

“Wait, what’s his name? How old is he? Where does he live? What does he look like?” Soo Hee bombarded.

“What is this? A game show?” Jae Hee complained.

“You accepted the dare. Live with it.” Ha Ra stated matter-of-factly.

“Fine! Sheesh! I don’t know his name! I have no freakin’ idea how old he is, and I don’t bloody hell know where he bloody lives! As for his looks? He’s too baby-face for me.”

“You. Are. Useless.” Soo Hee said.

“What? What the heck does that mean?” Jae Hee asks.

“Watch your mouth, Wu Jae Hee.” Ha Ra warned.

“You have no idea who the guy is! You should at least know his name! He might like you!” Soo Hee explained.

Jae Hee just looked at her with hanging open.

“Are you kidding me? You are such a hopeless romantic.”  Jae Hee shook her head.

“And you are such a cold-hearted drama queen.” Soo Hee shot back smugly.

“Drama Queen?!” Jae Hee exclaimed in disbelief and annoyance.

“Bish please! I’m no drama queen.” Jae Hee crossed her arms on top of her chest and raised a brow in defiance.

“Yeah right. You’re being one right now.” Ha Ra supported.

“Yah, you guys are ganging up on me again! I’m skipping class!” Jae Hee stood up from her seat but just as she was about to leave the teacher came in and Ha Ra just laughed softly before exiting the room to go to her own classroom, leaving behind a glaring Jae Hee and a Soo Hee who was trying hard to stifle a laugh.

Jae Hee took her seat at the last row. Soo Hee looked back at her friend who just stuck her tongue out at her and rolled her eyes. Soo Hee giggled.

Scratch that. Childish Drama Queen.

JUST SO RANDOM!  ©  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED