Chapter 12

Baby, Don't Cry

 

.
.
Baby Don't Cry
by: MidnightNightingale

 Jae Hee whistled.

“Some fight this is.” Jae Hee clicked her tongue and shook her head at the scene playing in front of her.

Joon Myeon was standing protectively in front of a girl while glaring intensely at the other boy in front of him. From the corner of her eye, Jae Hee glanced at Soo Hee to see her reaction but all she got was a straight face and empty eyes that stared back at the unfolding scene in front of them. A loud gasp from the crowd made Jae Hee turn her attention back to the group just in time to see the other boy stumbling back in pain and Joon Myeon’s knuckles as white as snow.

“Let’s go.” Soo Hee stated as she turned away. Jae Hee and Ha Ra silently followed her back to the coffee shop not uttering a word.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

Ha Ra dropped her backpack on Soo Hee’s desk, startling the younger girl. Classes were done for the day and the students were on their way home when she saw her dongsaeng just sitting on her seat, thoughts so far away.

“Get up, Park Soo Hee.”

Soo Hee looked up at her friend with furrowed brows.

“What?”

“We’re going to Jae Hee’s house for a weekend sleepover.” Ha Ra smiled excitedly.

Soo Hee opened to say something but closed it again and shook her head, knowing far well that what Ha Ra wants, Ha Ra gets. She stood up from her seat and as soon as she got hold of her bag, she was flying down the halls with Ha Ra in front of her.

“Wait, Harie! Harie! Ha Ra-unnie!” Soo Hee screamed as she tried to stop the older girl from dragging her around, but Ha Ra didn’t stop and, instead, pushed her inside a blue Audi with tinted windows.

Soo Hee sat up straight when she heard the door slam and felt the seat next to her sink from the additional weight. She looked at Ha Ra who was fiddling with the contents in her bag when her attention was diverted to a stranger seating in the driver’s seat.

“Where to ladies?”

Soo Hee stared at the boy through the rearview mirror. He had high cheekbones and a well-sculpted jawline, intense camel-like eyes that were hidden behind light-tinted sunglasses, and a Cheshire smile which screamed ‘mischievous and dangerous’.

“Soo Hee give him directions.”

“Huh?” Soo Hee asked, baffled.

“To your house, silly. You still need to pack, you know.” Ha Ra chuckled. Soo Hee blushed in embarrassment as she caught the stranger trying to stifle a laugh.

“Yah, Harie, who is that?” Soo Hee whispered, trying not to look too conspicuous but, as always, she failed.

“The name’s Kim Jong Dae. Chen for short. I’m Ha Ra’s best-looking and most amazing cousin.”

“Not to mention, totally annoying and a real brat.” Ha Ra smirked and Soo Hee tried to stifle a laugh at the remark.

“Yah~! I’m not annoying! It’s just really hard not to notice me!!!” The boy named Jong Dae replied while flashing that Cheshire grin.

“Did I mention conceited?” Ha Ra asked her and Soo Hee just laughed softly.

“No, I think you left that part out.” Soo Hee played along.

“Yah, why are you doing this to me?” Jong Dae whined childishly as he glanced at his passengers from the rearview mirror.

“Whatever, Chen. Anyway, this is Soo Hee, my cutest and kindest best friend!” Ha Ra introduced her to the male.

“The pleasure of meeting you is mine, pretty lady.” Jong Dae remarked as he flashed a grin and a matching wink at her. Soo Hee blushed and Jong Dae laughed out loud at her expression.

“Yah, wanna meet up when your free?” He further asked and Soo Hee couldn’t answer from the extreme forwardness of the boy.

“Careful, Chen. She’s taken and you don’t want to mess with the boy-I-won’t-ever-say-the-name-to-you.” Ha Ra warned.

“Shame. you’re really pretty and cute. I wouldn’t mind having someone like you by my side, all day long, in bed and out.” Jong Dae smiled innocently.

“Kim Jong Dae! Do not, I repeat, do not corrupt my dongsaeng’s pure and innocent mind or else you will get it from me!” Ha Ra half-screamed at her cousin’s laughing face.

Soo Hee watched as the two cousins fought from time to time - well more like it was Ha Ra scolding the other for his obscene and sarcastic jokes while the other laughed it all off - and she couldn’t help but smile and be surprised of how Ha Ra acts like an adult too much. She gave the directions to her house for every time the two would stop bickering and as soon as the car stopped at the destination, she was pushed inside her own home by Ha Ra, being given exactly twenty minutes to pack her stuff for the weekend.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

“This place is huge. Who lives here?”

“A friend.” Soo Hee answered as she got out of the car and stared at the mansion in front of them.

Jong Dae whistled. Ha Ra sighed. And Soo Hee laughed. The two cousins looked at their companion with a weird and confused expression.

“What?” Soo Hee asked.

Both just stared at her.

“You were whistling and you were sighing. I had to do something.” Soo Hee explained and Jong Dae burst out laughing.

“Omo! This girl is weird!” Jong Dae said as he clutched his stomach while laughing.

Soo Hee didn’t understand why Jong Dae was laughing so she turned to Ha Ra for help.

“You. Are. Weird.”

Soo Hee’s mouth fell open as she heard her friend’s remark.

“You are seriously random at times, Park Soo Hee.” Ha Ra commented as she shook her head before turning to the boy.

“Yah, Chen-ssi. You can go now! Thanks for the ride!” Ha Ra said.

“What are you guys doing here?”

All three turned around to see a bored-I’m-not-in-the-mood-for-anything Jae Hee standing with her hands in the pockets of her hoodie.

“Well, I guess I gotta go now. See ya around~ It was nice meeting you, Soo Hee-ssi.” Jong Dae bid his farewells before he sped away.

“Again... What are you guys doing here?”

Soo Hee gulped as she turned to face Jae Hee while Ha Ra, on the other hand, locked her arms with bored girl and dragged her inside.

“Sleepover with you as the host.” Ha Ra chirped giddily.

“What.”

Soo Hee watched as Jae Hee got dragged inside her own home as she followed.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

It was near seven in the evening when Ha Ra and Soo Hee, together with a refreshed-after-a-three-hour-sleep Jae Hee, were playing Uno in the spacious living room of the household when Jae Hee opted the game of ‘You Lose, One Secret’ – a special game they usually played whenever they were bored out of their minds and curiosity just eating them away.

Unluckily for the maknae, she just had to lose.

“Okay, Soo Hee-ssi! Here’s a question! Do you prefer gravy or ketchup when eating fries?”

“Wu Jae Hee, what the hell?! Are you serious?!” Ha Ra lightly smacked the other behind the head, eliciting a groan and a pout from the younger.

“Soo Hee, do you like Kim Min Seok?” Ha Ra finally questioned with a hint of teasing in her eyes.

Soo Hee blushed in embarrassment at the question as she looked at the floor and fiddled with her fingers – an action she does when she’s nervous, embarrassed, uneasy, and well, , just when she feels like she needs to do it.

“Of course I like Min Seok-oppa. I mean, don’t you guys?” Soo Hee asked in furrowed brows.

“Pabo.” Jae Hee snickered.

Ha Ra glared at the other maknae who instantly stopped.

“What I mean, Soo, is that do you like him as in like ‘like’ him?” Ha Ra wiggled her eyebrows and a soft giggle escaped her lips.

Soo Hee choked on the coke she was drinking, wiping away the stains on and at the same time hiding the very evident blush from her laughing friends.

“It’s not like that!!!” She reasoned out but her words were ignored. Irritated, she threw the pillow on her lap at her fellow maknae who double flipped to the ground while trying to evade the attack.

“Oh, so you wanna play, huh?” Jae Hee smirked as she flung the pillow with brute strength towards Soo Hee who ducked and rolled away.

Pillows flew everywhere as the two maknaes engaged in a fight-to-the-death pillow fight while Ha Ra stood on the couch and videotaped the entire scene.

“Take this!” Jae Hee let out a battle cry before throwing her pillow at Soo Hee.

“What the fu-?!”

“Oh .”

“You’re dead.” Soo Hee stated matter-of-factly as they stared at the figure groaning on the carpeted floor.

“What is going on here?” Yi Fan emerged from the corner with a baffled expression as he saw Chan Yeol lying on the floor rubbing the back of his head. Shifting his gaze from the boy to the pillow next to him, he shook his head in conclusion.

“Who did it?”

Two fingers pointed to a guilty-looking Jae Hee who immediately sat down and muttered a quick ‘sorry’ to Chan Yeol who just waved her off with a smile. Yi Fan sighed and helped his friend get up before returning his gaze to the three girls in his living room.

“We’re going out. Tell Mom that I won’t have dinner here.” Yi Fan spoke to Jae Hee.

“But you guys just got back. Where the heck are you going again?” Soo Hee asked her cousin.

“To the club. Want to come?” Chan Yeol beamed and earned a smack on the head from the taller man.

“Ow! What was that for?!”

“You weren’t supposed to in’ tell, you dumbo.” Yi Fan glared before shaking his head.

“Whatever. You girls want to come?” Chan Yeol asked again, flashing that creepy-I’m-just-like-that smile of his.

The girls looked at each other before smiling and muttering a loud ‘yes’ altogether. Soon enough, they were dressed up and cramped inside Yi Fan’s convertible, heading to the hottest night spot in Seoul.

Agit Night Club.

JUST SO RANDOM!  ©  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED