Chapter 3

Baby, Don't Cry

 

.
.
Baby Don't Cry
by: MidnightNightingale

“That’s it for today. Classes dismissed.”             

As soon as the homeroom teacher said the words, Soo Hee dashed out of the room with one thing in mind. She was going to see Joon Myeon no matter what. Ignoring the shouts and calls coming from Jae Hee and Ha Ra who were trying to catch up with her, she hurried towards the school gate. She walked faster and was just about to step out of the school’s vicinity when a towering figure blocked her way.

“You are not going to see Joon Myeon, Soo!”

 

“Why hasn’t he contacted me yet?” Soo Hee asked Chan Yeol curiously.

Chan Yeol looked at Soo Hee before coughing exaggeratedly and looking at his watch. Soo Hee didn’t miss the sign of escape as Chan Yeol stood up from his seat and picked up his bag.

“It’s already late, Soo Hee. I need to get home.” Chan Yeol explained without meeting her gaze.

“Oppa, why are you avoiding the question?”

Chan Yeol stopped in his tracks. She could see his tense shoulders and his strong grip on his shoulder bag.

“Yeollie.”

“I’m not avoiding anything, Soo.” Chan Yeol looked at her for a split second before diverting his gaze towards the floor.

“Honestly, I don’t even know why he hasn’t contacted you yet.”

“Oppa, you aren’t looking at me.” She stated.

Soo Hee knows that everytime Chan Yeol refuses to look at you straight in the eye, it’s either he is lying or hiding a secret.

“Yeollie, don’t lie to me.”

“I’m not lyi-”

The sudden appearance of Soo Hee’s mom provided the perfect escape for Chan Yeol as he said his farewells before bolting towards the door. Soo Hee’s mother looked at her before asking what happened with Chan Yeol.

“It’s nothing, Umma. Yeollie was just hiding something that I intend to find out.”

~mylovewillprotectyou~ 

Soo Hee couldn’t sleep that night. She was trying to piece together the puzzle and it was giving her a serious headache. She aimlessly walked around her room before finally settling on her study table’s chair and looking at the second hand of the wall clock.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

After debating with herself for a good hour, Soo Hee has made her final decision. She was going to see Kim Joon Myeon.

 

“Get out of my way, Yeol.”

“No.”

She glared at the tall boy who refused to move an inch. They stayed like that for a few moments until Soo Hee darted to the right, only to be grabbed by Chan Yeol by the arm.

“Let me go!”

“No!”

Soo Hee struggled against Chan Yeol’s strong grip around her waist as he hoisted her up in the air to prevent her from running again. A small crowd started to form around them as the onlookers tried to see what was the fuss about.

“Chan Yeol! Soo Hee!”

Soo Hee stopped squirming as Ha Ra’s voice emerged from the increasing crowd. Chan Yeol put her down but didn’t let her go as she continued to squirm,

“Aish! Stop squirming! “ Chan Yeol shouted.

“Soo Hee! Just listen to Chan Yeol, will you?!” Ha Ra begged.

“Why? Why don’t you want me to see Suho?!”

Silence. Even the crowd was reduced to just stares as they heard Soo Hee’s outburst. It was Chan Yeol’s soft voice that broke the deafening silence.

“I just don’t want to see you hurt, Soo Hee!”

“Then let me see him.” Soo Hee replied with a determined look in her eyes. She could feel that her cousin was hiding something from her.

“No.”

Soo Hee could feel her patience growing thin as Chan Yeol answered her immediately.

“Why not? What is it with you an-”

“Because he doesn’t love you anymore!”

Soo Hee disbelievingly stared at Chan Yeol’s shocked expression to his own outburst. Lies. It’s just a lie, right?

 

“I will love you forever, Soo!” Suho exclaimed as he hoisted up the girl in the air, earning him a hearty laugh from her lips as Soo Hee loosely wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Forever?”

“Forever.”

 

Soo Hee looked at Chan Yeol and then at Ha Ra who had her head bent down. She felt the world shift under her feet as the words replayed in her head.

He doesn’t love you anymore.

Soo Hee repeatedly hit Chan Yeol on the chest but her efforts were useless as tears streaked her cheeks.

“You’re lying! Lying! He promised me forever, oppa!” She shouted in his chest. She didn’t care if they were making a scene. She just didn’t care about anything else right now but Suho.

“It’s over, Soo. He doesn’t love you anymore.”

Soo Hee snapped and the last thing she remembers before running away was Chan Yeol’s shocked eyes as he held his cheek and Ha Ra’s frantic calls.

~mylovewillprotectyou~

“Chan Yeol.”

Chan Yeol turned to the girl behind him.

“Why did you lie, Yeol?” Ha Ra asked.

“I couldn’t tell her. It’s better this way, Ha Ra.”

Ha Ra enveloped Chan Yeol in a light hug as the taller man sobbed quietly on her shoulder. He really did care a lot about his cousin.

“That tard Suho should just go away.”

“Shut up, Yeol. He’s your friend.”

“That’s why he’s so fortunate. Coz’ if he wasn’t, then I’d have beaten him up days ago.”

“Yeah right.” Ha Ra sarcastically said.

“It’s true!” Chan Yeol retorted before finally realizing the position they were in – their hands around each other’s waists.

“Are we disturbing something?”

Chan Yeol hurriedly pulled away as the other did the same. Jae Hee and Yi Fan were standing behind them, a smirk plastered on the girl’s face while irritation decorated the boy’s.

“Where’s Soo Hee?”

“She ran away.” Ha Ra answered while trying to hide the faint blush on her cheeks.

“To where?”

“Home, I guess.” Chan Yeol replied while scratching the back of his head.

“Okay. Well we’re going.” Jae Hee waved goodbye as Yi Fan slung an arm around her shoulders without saying another word and sparing the other two another glance.

JUST SO RANDOM!  ©  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED