five.

We're Messed Up

 


 

Five;

 

For the following days, Sehun felt like he's living in hell--Okay maybe that's too much, but he couldn't find any word that could describe what he felt. Chanyeol still didn't want to talk to him, he would act like nothing had happened when there was no Sehun around him, then when Sehun came in he immediately shut his mouth. Sehun was upset about this, but his face was emotionless as ever.

 

 

Usually, he'll spend the lunchtime with Chanyeol and listen to him who will talk about everything and anything. Now Chanyeol went to the cafeteria alone and disappeared after he grabbed his lunch. Some said that Chanyeol ate at the rooftop, others said he ate at the school's garden. Sehun made no move to find out whether the rumors were true or not, nor to find where Chanyeol really was. Even if he found Chanyeol, they won't do anything. They'll just sat in an awful silence that killed Sehun because he used to hear Chanyeol's excited voice telling him jokes and his experiences.

 

 

Sehun sighed, he stared at his lunch whom he never touch since he occupied the seat. He poked the lunch with a bored expression and that was when Joonmyeon came and nudged him. The younger of the two looked up and muttered an tired 'yo'. Joonmyeon smiled and said, “What's up with the long face?” Sehun groaned and planted back his face to the table, earning a chuckle from the older boy.

 

 

You know why, don't play dumb.” Joonmyeon patted his back, yes all of his classmates already knew something's wrong between him and Chanyeol. “What are you going to say?” Sehun wasn't stupid to not notice how Joonmyeon acted towards him. He was quite close to Joonmyeon and that's because he was the vice president of his class while Joonmyeon was the president. Sometimes they would meet in the library to discuss about some numerous tasks which was given by their strict homeroom teacher. And like this time when Joonmyeon approached him out of nowhere, acting playful and too kind, he was sure the class's president has something to say.

 

 

Joonmyeon grinned and gave Sehun a pleading look which made Sehun scrunched up his nose. That won't ever affect him in any way. “Let me guess, Mrs. Kwon gave you another tasks?” Sehun raised his head and directly looked at Joonmyeon with an arched eyebrow. He got a nod from the other boy.

 

 

And you want me to do it?” a nod then Sehun sighed in defeat. He knew it.

 

 

Give me 3 reason about why should I do these tasks instead of you?” Joonmyeon was going to give him another nod before he then realized what was the question Sehun asked. Joonmyeon thought for awhile before raising 3 fingers, a frown was on his face. Joonmyeon folded one finger, “First, because you're the vice president. So it's normal to help me doing those tasks.” Sehun was opening his mouth to protest but Joonmyeon gave him a warning glare as he folded another finger.

 

 

Second, I can't do this alone and Mrs. Kwon wants those tasks on her desk as quick as we can. If you can finish it today, tomorrow it have to be on her desk.” Sehun's eyes widened. “Tomorrow? Are you serious? I can't do it!” he told Joonmyeon who then flicked his forehead in return. “I said if you can finish it today give it to Mrs. Kwon tomorrow, didn't I? Now shut up and let me finish the reasons.” Joonmyeon purposely emphasized the 'can' in his sentence.

 

 

Joonmyeon folded the last finger he raised earlier, “Third, I have something to do and I'm afraid I don't have any time to do the tasks. I already did some of it. I give the rest to you, Sehun-ah.” Joonmyeon titled his head at Sehun who scoffed and raised his eyebrow, again. “If I may know, what are you going to do? Is it so important that you have to ditch the tasks?” Sehun began to tapping his foot towards the floor impatiently.

 

 

You can take the tasks from me when class is dismissed later. And yes, it is important to me.” Joonmyeon said rather harshly before stomped away from there, leaving Sehun who was still processing how different Joonmyeon's voice sounded back then than the usual. The older boy never use that tone to Sehun all this time, thus that made Sehun startled for awhile. Deciding to not think too serious about it, Sehun turned around, that was when he saw Chanyeol. Walking calmly with his hands in his pocket, his face showed nothing and his blank eyes looked straight to the front. It scared Sehun somehow, the way Chanyeol walk, how the giant act. But Sehun chose to push that aside and greeted Chanyeol with a big smile.

 

 

Yeol!”

 

 

However, all that he got was just a cold shoulder.

 

---

 

When class was dissmised, Sehun went to Joonmyeon to take the tasks from him. Joonmyeon gave it without saying nothing, he looked at him for a moment before slung his backpack over his shoulder and walked out the empty class. Once again, leaving Sehun alone with the tasks. There's no Chanyeol, obviously. The giant already went out the moment their teacher dismissed the class, he didn't even spare Sehun a glance. After letting out a heavy sigh, the pale boy sat on a nearby chair to quickly scan through the tasks. They weren't hard, Joonmyeon already did some of them anyways, but they were so many. Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose, he already knew that those s could be the beginning of his sleepless nights. He would never finish it tomorrow. Not anytime soon.

 

 

After he sat in the same spot for 15 minutes, staring at a bunch of tasks Joonmyeon gave with a desperate look, Sehun got up (his was getting sore) and gathered the scattered files. He then secured them in his arms before went out, he was thinking on getting some bubbletea when he heard a loud bang. He looked around in complete loss, because he was walking with his head down all the time and he didn't even notice where he was going. As his sight landed on lockers realization struck him hard while he was searching where the loud bang came from.

 

 

And he hoped he never did that in the first place.

 

 

There was Kyungsoo, with body pressed to one of the lockers, eyes closed, his lips were connected to someone as his hands wrapped around that someone's neck. Sehun must have known that that someone was Jongin. Obviously, because he and Kyungsoo were a couple, duh. But a little stubborn part of Sehun still wished that it wasn't Jongin who kissed Kyungsoo. What made it even worse was when he realized that the locker they pressed to was his.

 

 

Sehun choughed, “Can you two stop for awhile? It's my locker.” The pair parted and Jongin stared right into Sehun's eyes. As if challenging him, but Sehun paid no attention. He opened the locker door as soon as Kyungsoo moved away, face flushed because the teacher's favorite student who always had a great marks was caught kissing his boyfriend in the hall. Sehun put in some of his tasks and closed the locker quite harsh.

 

 

Sehun-ah..” Kyungsoo called when Sehun turned around, ready to go home. “You won't tell the teachers, will you?” Sehun knew Jongin was boring some holes onto his back and Kyungsoo was giving him that damned pleading look. Thus, he kept showing his back to them as he said, “No, don't worry hyung. I won't tell them,”

 

 

When silence wrapped itself around them, Sehun gritted his teeth. The uncomfortable feeling find it place around Sehun's heart, he hated it. Anger, sadness, disappointment, and shame soon followed. “Well then, I'm going home now. Sorry for disturbing you guys.” Sehun felt the tears that threatening to fall down if he didn't left from there soon. He walked away from the couple with a heavy feeling.

 

 

He didn't even know how to face them tomorrow.

 

---

 

The next day, Sehun tried his best to avoid Jongin and Kyungsoo. And he knew Kyungsoo was worried because of it. However, Sehun kept his promise to not telling the teacher about yesterday event. How could he report it to the teacher when he himself was still in daze. He tried to forget it, but like someone was applying glue to it, Sehun couldn't. How much he tried, it only made his head throbbing in pain because Sehun kept on hitting it.

 

 

With no Chanyeol beside him, Sehun felt hopeless. Usually when s happened, Sehun would ran to Chanyeol and blabbered about how his life is. In return, Chanyeol gave him a series of wise words that Sehun found weird, because Chanyeol was a goofy ball with creepy smile and there's no way a wise words like that would come out from his mouth. But then again, reality always has something to surprise people.

 

 

Sehun made his way to his class lifelessly. He forgot to bring his money, and when he wanted to pay for his food and drink in the cafeteria, Sehun just smiled and apologized at the kind Ahjumma who laughed and told Sehun to take the money and come back quickly. With a nod Sehun went back to his class, stopped and searched a place to hide himself for a few times when he saw Jongin or Kyungsoo on his way to his class.

 

 

Chanyeol!” Sehun's eyes widened when he spotted Chanyeol sat comfortably on his chair, a small book in his hand.

 

 

A book that supposed to be his diary daily journal.

 

 

 

                                                         

A/n:

I'm back! And this is the fifth chapter! ouo

Is it too short? Is it boring? Am I going too fast?

I wrote it while listening to EXO's songs and sang along with it (loudly)

Anyways. Sorry for any grammar mistakes and typos.

See ya on the next chapter~ ^^ ppyong!

 

P.s: comments and subscribers are much appreciated! And votes too *^*b