Oranges

Skater Boy

To say that Luhan was shocked after his hair transformation would be the biggest understatement ever. He was dumbfounded and petrified when he looked at his reflection in the mirror.

"What the heck have you done to me Do Kyungsoo?!" Luhan shouted (literally shouted) while looking at the full length mirror in front of him. "I... I look like cheese!"

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, surprisingly didn't snap at him like he usually does whenever the baby face breaks out in tantrums. "What are you talking about? You look dashing!" he assured his friend with a pat on his shoulder, looking at Luhan through the reflection in the mirror. "Orange blonde looks great on you, really."

"It's true, sir," the woman in a uniform suddenly said, whom Luhan remembered was the one who dyed his hair bright orange. "It suits your baby looks, sir!" she chirped almost too comfortably as if trying to cling on Luhan's shoulder's anytime soon.

"But I'm not a baby!" Luhan protested, now stomping his feet on the floor. Really, it's amazing how he kept denying how much of a baby he is when he's been hopelessly acting like one.

"Oh but I think Sehun will like this a lot," Kyungsoo teased while ruffling his friend's newly dyed hair, trying to test if the magic word will work on Luhan in this situation.

And as if on perfect cue, the word proved it's magical effects on Luhan. "...You think so?"

"Yeah, he'll like it, fiery Luhannie." Kyungsoo teased with a wolfish grin.

"...He? 'He' will like it, sir?" the woman in the salon uniform repeated as if her ears betrayed her. These cute boys can't be gays, right?

"Damn, you'll even pass as a popular idol! Everyone's looking at you!" Kyungsoo added, ignoring the confused and stuttering woman beside them.

While it is true that the people were all looking at their direction because of the little commotion, it is also true that they find Luhan dashing and handsome. And not just Luhan, to be honest. Kyungsoo looked like a kingka too with his red hair gracing and spiking on the top of his head with his hair neatly shaved on the sides.

Luhan blushed at all the overwhelming compliments he's receiving, whether it's true or not. While he was basically shocked to see his hair so bright and fiery looking, he have to admit to himself that even he was surprised that he can get that handsome. Maybe not as manly as how he really wanted, but it sure made him look tougher.

"Sehun will drop his jaw to the ground once he saw you, trust me." Kyungsoo assured him again, squeezing the other's shoulder a little. "Now time to dress you up."

Luhan let himself be dragged again by Kyungsoo out of the salon, leaving everything to his questionably ever-so-reliable best friend again.

 

-----

 

To say that Sehun was shocked to see Luhan by the time the party started would also be the biggest understatement ever. The poker faced guy did a little effort on hiding his amazement when he literally dropped his hand phone that he was carrying around when he saw Luhan and Kyungsoo entering the house.

"L-Luhan..." he said in such a stuttering manner after picking up his poor phone, throat suddenly dry all of a sudden. "Y-You made it."

"Y-Yeah..." the other replied while blushing thoroughly. He's been doing a pretty good job of acting cool and collected since leaving the malls and he badly wants to put on the confident and dashing show all throughout the rest of the day, but seeing Sehun actually stuttering and somehow caught off-guard after seeing him is too much for him to bear.

Kai, approaching the front door too to greet the two newcomers, almost tripped and stumbled down to the floor when he saw Kyungsoo.

"Hey there Jongin," the red hair cool guy said, pulling his lips on a little smirk as he saw how Jongin almost dropped to the ground. Apparently Kyungsoo was enjoying being on the other side tonight; it's fun being the one to act cool and dashing and making your crush blush with every single word you say.

"H-H-Hi there K-Kyungsoo," Kai said awkwardly with a cough. He was trembling hard for goodness' sake. "I-I think I'm hyperventilating oh god h-hold on a sec--" and he stormed back inside the house, dragging the equally dumbfounded Sehun with him.

Luhan glanced at his best friend's successful acting and they both high fived for a job well done. The two boys they wish to impress seemed to be far too impressed to even talk to them coherently. It was pretty entertaining and they sure enjoyed seeing their crushes blushing because of them. The baby face quickly whispered a thanks to Kyungsoo before entering the house completely.

Kai and Sehun, on the other hand, were in the kitchen fanning themselves with their hands. "Is it just me or did the temperature suddenly risen?" Kai said as he frantically fans himself with his hands.

Sehun, who seemed to calm down already compared to the hyperventilating Kai, rolled his eyes and acted as if he was completely fine and wasn't surprised at all. "Don't be stupid, Kkamjong."

Kai rolled his eyes as well and smiled to himself. He knows perfectly well that the other was equally hyperventilated and spazzed as he is, only that he was better in hiding it than Kai is.

A long night is still awaiting them.

 

-----

 

And to say that the drinking session was kept to a minimum, of course, was also the biggest understatement ever.

It seems the skater group were all heavy drinkers, Kyungsoo and Luhan dreaded. The red hair boy has not much of a problem with drinking; he drinks fairly enough to know how such things works, but seeing the copious amount of bottles of alcohol setting at the table makes him dizzy already even without having a shot yet.

Luhan, on the other hand, felt like dying. This is the first time that he will ever go drinking, and he would do it together with the boy he has a huge, serious crush on. What if he ended up so drunk and eventually barfs and throws up on Sehun's shirt? Or what if he becomes so drunk that he couldn't control himself and confess to Sehun? Or what if he suddenly grabs the other and smack their lips together and--okay, he's not sure if he can do that one but with the influence of alcohol, what if he truly ended up doing one of those?

He cringes as he thought of a good plan to pass on the shots, but when Jongdae, the king of all trolls, suddenly appeared in front of him with a shot full of tequilla in his right hand, the baby face literally panicked in his mind.

"Hey there hottie!" Jongdae teased while grinning ear to ear, earning him a pink tinge on the other's usually white cheeks because of the silly names he's being called due to his new hair. "Your turn!"

"Uhh..." Luhan started to speak but no coherent words actually escaped his lips. "Hold on a moment I think I need to go to the restroom--"

"Ah you're not getting away from me Luhannie," Jongdae cooes while grabbing Luhan's shirt with his left hand, halting the other from walking away from him. "You're not going anywhere little fiery boy."

"Why are you grabbing Luhan's shirt?" Sehun suddenly appeared in front of them with a straight face and a quirk in his eyebrows. He seemed to be more serious than usual. No one knew too where he suddenly came from, he just sort of like teleported there in front of them.

"Whoa, cool your Sehunnie!" Jongdae said as he panic and removes his hand from his grip on Luhan's shirt. "I was just trying to make him drink. The boy needs to have fun!"

"Do you want to drink, Luhannie?" Sehun asked the other with sincerity in his eyes. Luhan wanted to scream a 'no!" at the top of his lungs but embarrassment took a hold of his tongue and he suddenly lost the capability to speak.

"I'll drink his shot for him, Jongdae." Sehun suddenly said after sensing the other's doubt about taking the shot.

Jongdae pouted and halfheartedly reached out the small glass of tequilla to Sehun; no one dared to contradict Mr. face Sehun anyway especially when it comes to Luhan matters.

But Luhan wasn't exactly pleased with this. He remembered how Kyungsoo acted like such a confident bastard a while ago and he wouldn't let the other beat him when it comes to that. He can be confident, calm, cool, and y too, right? "I'm drinking it."

Sehun shot him an incredulous look with his eyes as big as plates. Jongdae smiled mischievously and shouted "Yah! Way to go Luhannie!"

Luhan grabbed the small glass of alcohol and gulped hard. This is it. There's no turning back now. He confidently hid his doubt and brought the glass to his mouth and drank the burning liquid down his innocent throat.

A pang of burn painted his neck all the way down to his who-knows-what part of his throat at the sudden infiltration of the foreign liquid. Luhan closed his eyes shut hard to hide the sudden tears threatening to prick the corners of his eyes; there is no fricking way he'll show this pathetic side of his in front of Sehun when he was planning to make the other swoon over his suaveness and confidence.

But he should've known better than to try to act confident. Jongdae let out a shrill laughter after seeing Luhan's face so pained and contorted after taking the shot of alcohol. Sehun winced at him in return and shot a worried look on Luhan's direction.

"That's my boy!" Jongdae cheered after recovering from his fit of laughs. Sehun burrowed his eyebrows and growled a little at Jongdae, in which the other muttered out a low "Oops sorry," because Sehun doesn't necessarily like Jongdae calling Luhan 'my boy' apparently.

Who would've thought being cool and manly is this hard, Luhan thought to himself with a dread. Ugh.
 

 

 

(NOTE: uhh... i think the Luhan-letting-the-alcohol-run-down-his-innocent-throat scene sounded a little too ty. i didn't mean it that way i'm sorry kekeke.
hurray Luhan the fiery boy.
yep, his new hair color is orange! like in the xoxo repackage album scans.
now feel free to imagine him looking like that in the story lol.

 

 

well? isn't he dashing? okay i'm obsessed with his hair colors i swear i will get myself orange dyed hair the next time i felt like it. lol. i had my hair dyed red around 2 months ago btw and my friends say it looked good on me so yay! but now the red hair was cut out as I just had a haircut recently so yeah. i had my hair exactly like Kyungsoo's back then and damn how i miss my hair that way.
sudden sharing of personal life. lol. the truth or dare games are next chapter. look out for it. xD)