Mango

Skater Boy

"What?! You two are already calling and texting each other?!"

"Y-Yeah... Ermm... Remember that time Sehun first came here at the shop? Kai asked for my number that night," Kyungsoo said while fidgeting a little, straightening his Starbaeks uniform a bit. They were busy preparing themselves because their shifts going to start soon.

"Wow. This Kai guy's fast," said Luhan in an amused tone because wow, he didn't expect things to escalate quite quickly between the two.

"Yeah, apparently faster than your Sehun who can't even manage to talk to you outside the shop."

"I don't really care if he doesn't talk to me. I don't like him that much anyway," liar.

It's been a week already since Luhan's first encounter with new face Sehun and the coffee brown haired boy can't be any happier, because ever since that night Sehun's been coming night after night at Starbaeks to hang out with the skater group. And in each every night, he always ordered from Luhan's station. But aside fron the ocassional hi's and hello's and some one-sentence conversations, they haven't really talked that much.

And Luhan discovered a few things about Sehun through all those nights that he hangs out at Starbaeks.

Apparently, Sehun isn't that much of a serious guy as how his face seems to be. Sure yeah his stoic and is a real man-with-few-words, but he isn't that different with the other bastards at all. Though not as loud and frequent as the others, he also jokes and laughs around, and Luhan find it weird that he doesn't find Sehun's laughter that irritating compared to the other skaters. Maybe it's because Sehun seemed to be more mature and behave than the others (or maybe it's simply because he just have a huge crush on him).

He also noticed that Sehun and Kai are the closest among the group. He can't help but feel a little jealous whenever Sehun looks so comfortable with Kai that he even let the darker boy or make fun of him; the others just don't mess with Sehun as much as Kai does. But he knows the two are just close as best friends, he really shouldn't feel any jelousy at all (especially since he isn't even friends with Sehun in the first place).

And one thing that he also noticed, is that Sehun speaks with a little lisp. He literally giggled like a little when he first heard it. Only a little, though; it's not that disturbing for Luhan because Sehun can actually speak without the lisp, but sometimes he can still notice it. He can't help but squeal inside his mind whenever Sehun says something like "one mango thmoothie," or like that one time when Sehun asked him something like "do you enjoy your job here in Starbaekth?" because the combination of Sehun's poker face and the silly lisp is just too priceless for Luhan. He wanted to hug and squeeze the guy to death whenever he speaks with a lisp.

And the last thing that he actually noticed, is that he can't help but notice Sehun all the time.

As Kyungsoo got himself to his station, Luhan followed him and settled himself at his position too. It's 4:58pm already and their shift is about to start.

"Can't wait to see Kai?" Luhan joked around with a mischievous  smile on his face.

Kyungsoo looked at his direction and gave him his trademark heart-shaped smile and said, "I'm not the only one here who's excited, you idiot."

Luhan felt a little heat in his cheeks because of Kyungsoo's remark.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

As expected, the group of skaters arrived at the coffee shop around 9pm, and Luhan can't help but feel sad because Sehun isn't with them this time.

Maybe he's just late. Maybe he'll come later. Luhan thought in his mind.

But an hour had passed already and still no signs of the tall guy.

As Luhan is quietly sulking and muttering little words to himself, Kai walked to the cashier station and Kyungsoo stood up straight, waiting for the other to order.

"Oh no I'm not gonna order, but uhh can I ask you something Kyungie?" Kai said at the doe-eyed cashier boy.

Kyungie?! Kyungie?! Oh my god they are already calling each other with pet names! Luhan panicked in his mind. And here I am stucked with an unrequitted crush. Ugh.

"Y-Yeah? What is it?

"I was just wondering if you can hang out with us after your shift? You can come along too, Luhan," Kai suddenly faced Luhan as he said that, who is still sulking like a little boy deprived of a candy, "We'll be skating at the nearby park later, Sehun's waiting for us there actually."

Sehun? Did I just hear Sehun?!

"Oh, uhh... I'll ask Luhan first if he wanted to come--"

"I'll come," Luhan said in lightning speed.

Kyungsoo was literally shocked; big eyes even bigger now at the response of Luhan. There is no way--possibly no ing way that Luhan would want to hang out with this bunch that he hates so much. But then he remembered Kai mentioning something Sehun waiting at the park, and Kyungsoo understood it all.

Yes, of course. Kyungsoo thought. The word 'Sehun' can change his mind anytime.

"Really? You will? That's cool!" Kai even clapped his hand like a freaking seal after hearing Luhan agree, "You guys are done by 11 right? Let's go after your shift's done."

"Oh, yes, sure!" Kyungsoo exclaimed.

"Alright!" and Kai left the two alone at the cashier.

"So...." Kyungsoo started off, leaning a little to Luhan's side to make sure the other hears him well, "What's up with the sudden change of mind, huh?"

"Nothing. I just...thought it might actually be fun to hang out with them, that's all."

"Oh reeeaaally, huh?"

"Y-Yeah..." Luhan nervously answered. God I must be so obvious in front of Kai a while ago, Luhan scolded himself in his mind, "and besides it's friday anyway, we can hang out coz no school tomorrow."

"Okay, whatever you say, Luhan. But I bet you just wanted to see your 'Thehun'."

"Hey! Shut up Kyungsoo!" Luhan protested. Apparently he is not the only one who noticed Sehun's little lisp.

"Oh it's not Kyungsoo, my dear, it's 'Kyungthoo'."

Luhan gave up on his silly friend and just shrugged.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"What did they say?" Chanyeol asked Kai who just sat down with them after talking with Kyungsoo and Luhan at the cahier.

"Kyungie seemed alright with it," Kai said, "but he let Luhan decide if they'll come."

"And what did Luhan say?" Tao, another skater in their bunch, asked Kai from the other side of the table.

"The guy agreed. They'll come."

They all screamed a "YES!" while raising up their hands high in the air. Kyungsoo and Luhan were literally surprised at the sudden commotion at the skaters' table.

"Hey! Not so loud!" troll Jongdae scolded the group after they all refrained from their victory cheer of some sort. "We can't let cutie guy notice that we're planning something."

"And we can't let poker-face guy notice anything too," Chanyeol added, "they must get closer on their own, anyway."

"Yeah, we'll just be their cupids," Kai chuckled after saying the word cupids.

"Hahaha cupids oh my god why does it sound like 'stupids' coming from you hahaha!" Jongdae blurted out.

"Shut up, ," Kai protested, "but seriously, I can really see something different in Sehun now after he met Luhan a week ago; something I haven't seen in him before, and I want them two to end up with each other." Kai said as they all nod their heads in agreement, as if on perfect sync.

"And we just have to play the role of 'cupids' between them two," Jongdae added while chuckling, "because Sehun's probably too shy and uptight to make moves to a guy he likes."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Is it just me, or do they look like their planning something...wicked?" Luhan asked Kyungsoo who is also surprised by the sudden scream of "YES!" from the group.

"For the first time ever, I'll agree with you. They look so suspicious," Kyungsoo whispered in Luhan's ear.

Really, the group do looked suspicious. One moment they were all leaning to the center of the table and are talking quietly, then the next moment they were screaming and raising their hands in the air, then the next moment they're back to talking quietly, and then the next they're all nodding their heads in perfect sync. They honestly look like a bunch of kids who're obviously planning something mischievous behind their mothers.

"Something's...off," Luhan said as he left his station and grabbed his bag and stuffs, their shift's gonna end soon.

What could that be?

 

 

(NOTE: sorry for le bad english. Ugh.)