Smoothies

Skater Boy

"Yah! They're here again!" Luhan half-screamed to his workmate Kyungsoo as the group of skaters entered the coffee shop.

Kyungsoo nudged him an elbow to calm him down, and then leaned closer to Luhan's ear to whisper.

"Not so loud! But man, that group's a noisy bunch," Kyungsoo whispered to Luhan as they both scan the group of boys (who're all carrying skateboards of different designs) entering the shop. "Still, they're customers, there's really nothing we can do about it."

"But the other customers leave whenever they're around! And they're always so loud and messy!"

"Yeah, I know, but we can't just kick them out of the shop right?"

Luhan sighed in defeat as he quickly returned to his station at the cashier front, "This is gonna be a long night."

Luhan works part time at the Starbaeks coffee shop every weekdays with Kyungsoo. His shift is from 5pm to 11pm, so he usually head straight to the cafe every after class. He loves his job, really, especially since he's been a coffeeholic since time immemorial. He has always loved the bittersweet aroma of coffee (and its color too; making him dye his hair light coffee brown) so he didn't think twice about working at the cafe part-time when the owner of the shop, Mr. Baekhyun, asked him directly if he can work for his shop. Mr. Baekhyun found Luhan extremely cute and adorable and told him he will attract a lot of customers if he will work at the Starbaeks.

Luhan agreed and he was instantly assigned at the cashier. Everything went smoothly except about one thing though; Luhan didn't really expect the group of troublesome kids that hangs out at the cafe almost every ing night.

He has always hated this bunch of skaters that he encounters whenever he takes his dog Lulu out for a walk at the park. They are always so noisy and brash and they seem so arrogant too. Sometimes his workmate Kyungsoo wonders why Luhan seems to loath the skaters so much; Luhan actually thinks the group is a delinquent, good-for-nothing bunch.

And tonight is no different than any other nights, Luhan thought. The group of six skaters settled themselves on a table big enough to accommodate them all as the other one started approaching the cashier to order.

With a quiet grunt, Luhan delivered his "Good evening, may I take your order?" line at one of the skaters who is about to order. Kyungsoo almost laughed at the sudden loss of enthusiasm in Luhan's voice.

"Yes. Uhh...ermm...lemme think of something to order first," the skater in front of him said. Luhan recognizes him; he is the troll of the skater group who laughs and screams like a ing banshee and is probably the noisiest among the bunch. Jongdae.

"Ah! Yes. I'll go with the usual. Chocolate Chip Cookie Frappe."

"Alright sir, one Chocolate Chi--"

"No no no wait! Make that a, uhh, wait, hmm... Oh what's that?" Jongdae points at one of the pictures at the menu.

"That's our new product sir, Pumpkin Spice Latte--"

"Ah yes I'll go with that and--no wait wait no no sorry make that a, uhh, that...that Chocolate Chai Tea Latte."

"O-Okay sir, one Choco--"

"Oh wait wait wait! Cancel that one and make it a Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino instead."

"Uhmm...are you sure about your order now sir?" Luhan asks who’s seriously holding back his temper from exploding and wreaking havoc because what the is this guy messing up with him or what?

"Yeah, I'll settle with that."

"Okay sir," Luhan sighed under his breath.

When Jongdae left the cashier, Kyungsoo looked at Luhan’s direction with a devious smile on his face, as if he's about to laugh at his light-browned hair workmate anytime soon. Luhan gave him a despondent pout in return.

Minutes later, another skater is slowly approaching them, but this time he is about to go to Kyungsoo's station. Kyungsoo started fidgeting a bit, Luhan noticed.

"Hi," the guy flashed a charming smile at Kyungsoo.

"H-Hey..." Kyungsoo shyly said at the taller guy in front of him.

Now it is Luhan's turn to send a devious smile at Kyungsoo. He always notcies how his big-eyed workmate adores this tall, dark and handsome (and blonde) guy, and Luhan is pretty sure that the guy--that goes by the name "Kai" whenever Kyungsoo is asking him his name to write down on his cup of hot chocolate--also adores his workmate Kyungsoo, because apparently this Kai guy never ordered from him; he always order from Kyungsoo's station.

After Kai ordered a couple of snacks and a Peppermint Hot Chocolate drink (he always orders something chocolate, maybe that is why his skin is quite dark) and left, Luhan started to tease Kyungsoo.

"Hey Soo," Luhan calls out to Kyungsoo who is just inches away from him, "That guy totally has the hots for you!" Luhan blurted out quite loudly, earning him a severe blush from his workmate's cheeks.

"Sh-Shut up Luhan!" Kyungsoo almost screamed. Thank god the guy is far from them already to hear any silly teasing from Luhan. "God when will you ever learn how to speak quietly? You talk like one of those skaters you know, you noisy brat."

"Hey! I resent that!"

Kyungsoo sighed heavily because really, how can Luhan hate this group if he is almost as annoying and troublesome as them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hours flew by and the other customers started to leave one by one, but not the skater group. They kept on laughing and talking and laughing and laughing and laughing again until all the other customers gave up on them and just left. Cookie crumbs and chips are being thrown here and there as the group decided to attack each other with foods and trashes and other s; Luhan wonders how much worse can they ever get.

Mr. Baekhyun's getting a headache already, too. They scolded the group every now and then to calm down, and they would; but only for a couple of minutes until they break out in laughter again.

They are really getting on Luhan's nerves. He is honestly starting to wonder if they really are skaters. It seems this certain group of skaters never skate at all; all they ever do is mess up at Starbaeks and ruin his mood.

However, 30 minutes before the end of their shift, a customer suddenly came in, and Luhan was completely starstrucked. No, starstrucked is an understatement, because Kyungsoo could swear he almost saw drool running down the corner of Luhan's mouth when he saw the boy. The tall, pale-skinned guy is a new face; it was the first time Luhan saw him at Starbaeks. The guy was cute and gorgeous, Luhan thought. But as his eyes landed on that skateboard hanging in between the guy's right arm and torso as he slowly approaches the table of the bunch of bastards, Luhan's arms slumped.

He's a skater too? He's friends with those...those retards?!

"Hey Sehun!" Kai guy blurted out as the new guy lazily approaches their table, "Good to see you actually came,"

"Yeah, because you guys kept on bugging me and won't stop calling my phone," expression-less guy said as he take a sit in between the giant skater Chanyeol and the always oblivious-looking Lay. "I told you I hate going to coffee shops. I hate coffee. And this whole place ing reeks of coffee smell," poker-faced guy protested to the group.

Luhan can't take his eyes off of this human being. There is something in him that really caught Luhan's attention. Maybe it's the feeling of fascination, because wow who would've thought that such an anti-social looking kid is friends with these crazy tards. Plus let's not also forget that Luhan finds stoic guys extra hot.

"Love at first sight?" Kyungsoo cooes in Luhan's ear.

"Yah! What the hell are you talking about?!" said the daydreaming Luhan as he hit his workmate's arm jokingly.

The two were fighting (playing) with each other when Mr. Baekhyun scolded them and told them to behave. When they did, Luhan was shocked to see the stoic guy actually making his way to his station to order.

"Good luck! Fighting~!" Kyungsoo whispered in Luhan's ear before returning to his station.

"G-Good evening, sir, m-may I t-take your order?" damn.

The guy didn't say anything as he browsed the displayed pictures and posters at the menu.

"Do you have...something not coffee?"

"Ermm...we have chocolate drinks sir,"

"No not chocolates too, I don't wanna be dark-skinned like Kai," Luhan almost burst out in laughter at the witty remark.

"Well...what about smoothies sir?" Luhan suggested, "We have...Strawberry flavor and Mango flavor."

"Do you serve bubble teas?"

"Uhh sorry sir but we don't," this is a freaking coffee shop why would you look for a bubble tea here.

"Oh, alright. I'll go with the Strawberry Smoothie then."

Luhan has been trying his best not to giggle like a school girl who just talked to his precious senpai because really, he find the guy ultra cute.

"One Strawberry Smoothie for...?" Luhan said in a questioning manner, waiting for the other to answer it.

"Sehun."

 

 

 

(NOTE: HunHan time! Lol. And a bit of KaiSoo too. Haha. Again, just dumping thoughts by hyperactive mind. Hope you guys enjoy lol. Ja.

And let us not forget Starbaeks. Yes.)