Bubble Tea

Skater Boy

"Hey, so you guys ready?" Kai asked both Kyungsoo and Luhan who just came out from a door with an employees-only sign. Their shift just ended and they just changed into their casual outfits.

"Yeah, pretty much," Kyungsoo said while fixing his shirt a bit.

"Alright! Let's partey!" Jongdae-the-banshee shouted as they stroll out of the shop, earning himself an eye-roll from Luhan.

Luhan doesn't really want to hang-out with them. He'd rather go back to his place and drink coffee and continue reading his Harry Potter novel for the nth time already. But since this is all for the sake of seeing Sehun, well Harry Potter; he'll definitely go and hang-out with this bunch no matter how annoying they are for Luhan.

The park isn't really that far from the coffee shop, and a minute or so of walking have already brought them to their destination.

The park looks a lot livelier during the night, Luhan thought. Not only because a lot of skaters hang out here during this time (it appears it's not only their bunch who are hanging out at the park to skate every night, Luhan thought) but also because of a tall figure that was slowly making his way towards their direction.

One look at the guy, no matter how far he may be, is all Luhan needs to verify that it is his Sehun. Yes, his Sehun.

"What took you guys so long?" the serious-faced guy protested to Chanyeol the giant, "I've been waiting here for an hour or two already!"

"Well sorry about that, but as you can see--" Chanyeol trailed off, grabbing Kyungsoo and Luhan by the arms to drag them in front of Sehun, "--we brought cutie Kyungsoo and cutie Luhan to hang out with us tonight."

"Whoa," Sehun blurted out with a tone of shock in his voice, then suddenly brought his face into a frown again and thought something like how dare you call Luhan a cutie. Wait...why am I mad that he called him a cutie?

"Yes, that's right," Kai joined in on the conversation, placing his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

The shorter guy felt blood rush on his cheeks. He's blushing really hard, Luhan noticed.

"I see," Sehun managed to say after recovering from the shock (and annoyance because of Chanyeol calling Luhan a cutie) and suddenly placing his skateboard on the ground, "do you two skate?"

Both boys shook their heads to say a no.

"Oh, is that so?" Sehun said, "then...why are you hanging out with us?"

Kyungsoo and Luhan stared at each other with a rather panicked look on their faces. Well, they can't possibly say that the reason why they're here is because they wanted to be with their crushes, right?

"I invited them over because I wanna spend some more time with Kyungoo," Kai said, arms still placed on Kyungsoo's narrow shoulders, "and we brought Luhan too because he's Kyungsoo's friend. There's nothing wrong with that, right?"

Kyungsoo seriously has to stop fidgeting almost every ing time Kai says something like that. He's being so obvious! Luhan thought. But he's glad that Kai answered for them, saving them the effort of explaining themselves.

"Oh, okay," Sehun said then hopped one of his feet to his skateboard and used his other feet to kick on the ground, skating away from Luhan and Kyungsoo.

Dammit. Luhan looks so cute in normal clothes, Sehun thought as he ride the skateboard, but what's up with me? Why am I suddenly so interested in him?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Luhan honestly thought this was the most awkward moment of his life.

Everyone around him is busy doing something. Kyungsoo is learning how to skate with Kai, the others performing some weird skating techniques, and here he is sitting alone at one of the benches, watching them all have fun.

Ugh. Can this night get any worse?! Luhan thought as he tried his very best to not fall asleep, I'm such an uptight killjoy.

He's practically really sleepy now. The exhaustion from school and work starting to get on him and suddenly his eyelids felt a lot heavier. Things aren't turning out the way he wanted it to, but anyway all of these happenings are impromptu and unplanned, so what does he really expect?

Luhan was really starting to doze off when a sudden "Hey," woke him up from his dozing and faced the speaker who is sitting beside him at the bench.

And there, actually sitting beside him, is the one and only reason why he is out here hanging around at the park at such a late time.

"Oh, hey," Luhan replied.

"Did I...disturb your sleep?"

"Oh no! It's okay, really." damn don't be too obvious Luhan!, The boy scolded himself in his mind.

"Okay..." sehun replied, running out of words to say to the other. "So uhh...you interested in skating?"

"Ermm...actually I really have no interest in skating," Luhan confessed, "but it seems you guys really enjoy it a lot."

"Yeah, we do," Sehun replied to him, "I actually loved skating ever since I'm in elementary you know."

"Oh.." was the word Luhan can reply because wow he's opening up his childhood! This is... This is a good start! Luhan thought to himself again. "Well...maybe your love for skating is like synonymous to how I love coffee."

"You do? You love coffee?"

"Yeah, I do," Luhan answered. The boy opened up a portion of his soul to him, so why not retaliate the favor a little, right? "that's why I took the job at Starbaeks actually, because I really enjoy making and serving coffee."

"That's cool," Sehun replied, "but uhh not to offend you or anything but I don't really like coffee."

Luhan laughed cheerfully at Sehun's answer (damn even his laugh is so freaking cute! Wait...what did I just...? Sehun thought), "I knew it. So that's why you kept on ordering smoothies all the time. You even asked me if we serve bubble teas one time before."

Wow, he actually remembered that? "Oh yeah, actually it's not that I am really a fan of smoothies you know," Sehun said, "if only you serve bubble teas."

"You like bubble tea?"

"Super, like how you love your coffee."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hey hey hey, are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

"Yes, definitely. Look how poker-faced Sehun suddenly transformed into jolly-smiling-face Sehun whenever he talks with Luhan."

"The two of them are so obvious."

"I know, I know."

Jongdae and Chanyeol are pretty much engrossed to their conversation as they stare at the direction of the two. Sehun and Luhan sure are having the time of their lives; talking and laughing and not caring about anything around them, like suddenly they are transported in to a world of their own.

"But wait..." Jongdae said, "Sehun still has...? Right?"

"Uhh... Apparently, yes. He's still together with...you know..." Chanyeol replied, suddenly having a hint of dismay in his tone.

"Oh," Jongdae said as he suddenly realize something, "this is gonna be tough."

"Yeah."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's already 12:30 and they all honestly have to go home, so the bunch (now with Kyungsoo and Luhan) grabbed their own stuffs and prepared to leave.

Kyungsoo and Luhan's way are on the other side of the road, so the group of skaters accompanied them until the two of them were on the opposite side.

"Thanks for inviting us! We really had a good time!" Kyungsoo half-shouted to the bunch.

"Yes, of course! We had so much fun too!" Kai screamed in response as the bunch waved their goodbyes and started walking away.

Luhan and Kyungsoo started walking too towards the other direction after waving their own goodbyes, when suddenly--

"--Hey! Luhan!"

The boy faced the direction where he heard his name coming from, and spotted a tall guy running towards him.

Sehun?!

"Hey, I forgot to ask you something," Sehun said in between pants.

"Yes?"

"Can I... get your number?"

 

 

 

(NOTE: let's have some plot twist, baby. yeah.)