Jellyace

Skater Boy

As planned, the group of skaters arrived at the coffee shop around 9pm after finishing their practice for some skating stunts. They settled themselves at their regular table (the table almost feels like it's reserved for the group because no one dared to take the table again other than them) and started with their regular routines.

One by one they started ordering; Kai at Kyungsoo's station all the time and Sehun at Luhan's. They exchange rather longer conversations now than before but not as long as how they actually wanted, because Mr. Baekhyun's around again and the two cashier boys cannot really talk with the group a lot during work, so the two of them are stucked at their own stations sulking.

They want to leave the cashier front and join the group and hang out with them for the rest of the night, but of course they cannot really do that. A week ago or two, all Luhan was concerned about was how annoying this group is, but now he is actually sulking and feeling sad because he cannot hang out with them.

Funny how things changed, Luhan thought as he smiled while looking at the group.

"So you see," Kyungsoo suddenly said, trying to build their own conversation so that they won't feel that sad compared to the skater group who're all busy talking and laughing, "Jongin told me one time that he thinks Sehun really likes you a lot."

Luhan suddenly forgot all the friendship things going on in his mind and quickly felt blood rush to his own cheeks and he knows there's no way he can hide it; Kyungsoo's flashing that heartshaped dork smile already because his friend is blushing. "Th-That's not true..." Luhan replied while fidgeting, "...but wait, who's Jongin?"

"Oh, right! I forgot to tell you!" Kyungsoo blurted out rather excitedly, "Kai's real name is Jongin. Kim Jongin. Kai is just his nickname, apparently."

"What?!" Luhan almost shouted again. Mr Baekhyun sent them a rather deadly gare, and the skater group actually looked at their direction too; Luhan's just a natural clumsy boy. "I thought Kai's his real name all this time."

"Yeah, me neither, but please Luhan start learning how to speak quietly, for God's sake!" Kyungsoo whispered in Luhan's ear. "Mr. Baekhyun's seriously gonna fire you one of these days."

The skater group may just be imagining things, but they actually saw Sehun snorting and staring (glaring) at Kyungsoo as the boy presses his body closer to Luhan's side to whisper to his ear.

Dammit he's too close with Luhan, Sehun thought, he looks like he was kissing his ear! Ugh.

Kai, on the other hand, crossed his arms and stared at the two as well. Damn, he thought, I wonder when Kyungie will start being that close to me as how he is close with Luhan, then snorted too.

The group noticed the two boys' jelly jelly moments and just smiled at each other.

But a sudden, loud ringtone distracted the moment and the group's stares were suddenly all at Sehun; the ringing is coming from his direction (even Luhan and Kyungsoo looked at him).

He grabbed his phone from his pants and stared at the screen. "Uhh..." he said as he continued to stare blankly at the phone while it rings nonstop.

"Oh for crying out loud Sehun answer the goddamn phone! Don't just stare at it!" Chanyeol blurted out while covering his ears.

With a sigh, Sehun stood up and answered the call. "Yes?" he said (with a sudden feel of boredom in his voice) while holding the device over his ear as he walk himself out of the shop.

When Sehun was completely outside, the group shrugged, knowing who the call was from; except from one person, of course.

"Who is that?" the ever so clueless Lay asked the group.

"That's just the , probably," Kai said with a grunt.

"Oh yeah, he's still together with that girl, right?" Chanyeol added.

"Yeah," Kai replied, "that's why we have to escalate the relationship of Luhan and Sehun as soon as possible. We have to get rid of that girl."

"But what will his father say? I mean, we all know Sehun's current situation, right?" Jongdae asked Kai.

"What? What situation? Father? Sehun's father?" Lay said with a seriously confused face as he take a sip on his drink.

The whole group just sighed and shrugged. Sometimes they wonder why Lay seems to not know anything at all.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Who could that be?" Luhan asked Kyungsoo as he saw the boy walking out of the shop to answer the call. "Sehun looked...irritated."

"Maybe it's his parents," Kyungsoo said as he return to his station. Luhan brushed off the question after that.

"By the way, Luhan," Kyungsoo started again, "what're you planning to wear this sunday? Kai invited us again to watch that skate contest, right?"

"Ermm...just my, uhh, regular clothes, I guess?" confused Luhan said. Since when did he care about my clothes?

It's not that Kyungsoo thinks his friend's taste for clothes is terrible; Luhan can actually look good in whatever you put on him, Kyungsoo thought. But he knows his friend can do better, can look even better; he knows Luhan can be a really handsome hot shot if he'll be dressed properly. His current style is, to say the least, rather too simple and boring.

He sighed, then faced Luhan again and said "You know what? We're going to the mall this saturday. We'll go shopping. We'll renovate your wardrobe, Luhan."

"What? But my clothes are totally fine!" Luhan suddenly protested, "Y-You're not telling me I have a terrible sense of fashion, right?" then Luhan suddenly thought of that friday night they all first hanged out. Sehun...Sehun must be laughing behind my back because of my choices in clothes, Luhan thought with a dread.

"No, it's not that," Kyungsoo replied, "it's just that...there are clothes that'll make you look even more handsome and cute, you know."

Luhan gave him a pout in return. "So I really do have a bad taste," and sighed heavily.

"It's not that!" Kyungsoo almost half-screamed, running out of words to convince his friend that he doesn't mean things that way. "Okay, let's just say you have to prepare even more for Sehun, that we'll have to do some...changes, in your clothes, for Sehun."

After hearing the magic word Sehun, Luhan suddenly had a bright expression in his face and a glint of brilliance in his eyes.

It's so easy to read Luhan, Kyungsoo thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes? What is it?" Sehun repeated.

"I was just wondering if you're free this sunday?" a girl with a rather shrill voice asked from phone.

"This sunday? Sorry, but I have plans."

"Oh, is that so?" the girl said back, "but we haven't seen each other for almost a month already and--"

"I'm busy, you know that," Sehun said.

"Oh, but I think your father won't like it if he finds out you're no longer seeing me lately."

"I said I'm busy. I have a skate competition to attend to. It's already planned."

"Skating? You're still hanging around with that bunch?" the girl sighed rather dramatically, "You know your father never liked--"

"You know what, I'm hanging up. This is getting nowhere."

And despite hearing some protests from the other line, he hanged up his phone then sighed heavily. He doesn't want his night to be ruined more.

As Sehun was about to return to the shop, he spotted Luhan and Kyungsoo talking at each other in their cashier stations again through the glass doors of the Starbaeks. He stopped and instead just stood there outside; staring at the boy he's starting to adore so much.

He just stared at him like that; watching his facial expressions change every now and then (Luhan's pretty much a kind of reaction king, Sehun thought) and how he looks so cute when he pouts and how he looks even cuter when he laughs. How his light-brown hair matches really well with his childish looks and how his hair complements the shape of his small face; Sehun can't help but fall even deeper for the boy.

It's also surprising how they grew a lot closer after friday night, as if they've already known each other for years when they've only just met almost 2 weeks ago. It's almost scary, in Sehun's opinion, for two people with opposite attitudes and characteristics to actually fit each other so nicely, for two people to instantly become good friends.

But a part of him holds back; a part of him that denies it. A part of him that kept on convincing himself he shouldn't be feeling this way. A part of him that says he shouldn't adore him so much because he's probably just gonna hurt both of them. A part of him that bothers him so much.

A part of him that says everything's wrong.

 


 

(NOTE: let's put some drama! yes. It's a really short update, I know. sorry for that. *bows*
you guys will know what's troubling Sehun maybe by the next chapter or the chapter after that.
Comment your reaction guys! I would love to hear from you. XD)