Iced Cold Coffee

Skater Boy

"Your bangs look better pushed up."

"Really? What if I just spike all of my hair up?"

"No. You'd look like a rooster. Just keep it this way."

"What if I just let my bangs fall over my forehead?"

"Then what's the sense of this makeover if you're going to keep on wearing your hair like your usual?"

"Oh..." was the only reply Luhan can say. Kyungsoo's busy fixing his hair for him; fixing it in a way that would make Luhan look mature. They tried a lot of hairstyles already and Kyungsoo's starting to lose hope; Luhan just looks painfully cute and childish all hairstyles done to him only adds up to his cuteness. Maybe the words maturity and Luhan are never meant to be together.

It's already sunday and the skate competition's gonna start anytime soon. Kyungsoo helped Luhan out to prepare for later. They've gone shopping yesterday to buy Luhan new (stylish) clothes and now they're busy preparing his hair. Luhan kept on complaining about how he looks so young and he wanted to fix his hair in a way that'd make him look mature and manly; but this is the best Kyungsoo can ever do for him.

"Just keep it like this. Don't let your bangs fall, but don't make it too spiked up too." Kyungsoo said as he finally finished fixing his friend's hair.

"Alright, thanks!" Luhan replied energetically. "But how about you Soo? You not gonna prepare or something?"

"Jongin told me one time I look perfect with my current style..." Kyungsoo said, obviously fidgeting and blushing as he trailed off and searches for proper words to say. "So... I don't really think I need a makeover or something."

"That's nice." Luhan said with a hint of sadness in his tone. I wish I know how Sehun sees me.

"But Jongin told me one time too that he thinks Sehun finds you really cute. Maybe you didn't really have to do this at all, you know."

"But I want him to see me as handsome and dashing, not cute!" Luhan blurted out while pouting hard.

"But what if the cutesy image is what Sehun likes in you? Or what if Sehun is actually straight and he likes that feminine feel of your looks?"

"Ermm..." Luhan said, trailing off as he conprehends things in his mind. "Well... I would still want him to see me as handsome too and not just cute!" then flashed his friend that blinding smile of his.

"Whatever." Kyungsoo said.

 

-----

 

The skate competition is being held at one of the parks that is basically intended for skating. Kyungsoo and Luhan got themselves at the place after struggling hard at Luhan's apartment (the boy says he's not used to not have his bangs covering his face) and they search for Sehun and the others.

Groups and packs of skaters lurk the whole place; the two boys find it hard to find their peers when almost everyone around them is carrying skateboards and are all practicing stunts everywhere.

As the two boys continuously searches the area, a random guy skates toward their direction. Suddenly the skater basically lost balance and tripped to the ground while trying to perform a stunt and the moving skateboard hit Luhan by the heel area.

"Ow!" Luhan yelled in pain and surprise at the sudden hard object hitting his heel. He turns around to face the direction where the skateboard came from, and before the guy can even say his apologies, a voice came in from their back; screaming and yelling.

"Hey! Stay away from Luhan!"

Kyungsoo and Luhan both faced the opposite direction where the yell came from. They know whose voice it is, but they still faced the direction to confirm it; the owner of that voice they know would never scream or talk in a loud manner like that.

"Get your skateboard and get the hell outta here, ." Sehun said as he approaches Luhan and Kyungsoo, kicking the board to move back to the guy's direction.

The other skater glared at Sehun. "What's up with you, man?! What's your problem?!"

"My problem is you being an idiot and hitting Luhan with your skateboard!"

"It's not my fault your boyfriend's getting in my way! He's the ! Not me!"

Sehun seriously looks like one of those anime guys that emits energy auras or something and was about to explode when the guy called Luhan a . He clenches his hands into a fist and was literally about to pound on the guy and kill him when Luhan suddenly appeared in front of him with hands pushing the taller boy's chest backwards while flashing him a worried look in his face.

"Sehun, please," Luhan said lowly, looking at the taller boy with a desperate and scared look. "I'm fine. Don't get yourself in a fight."

Sehun's face shifted from angry to worried as well, then finally managed to calm down and just glare at the other skater who unintentionally hurt Luhan's heel.

"C-Cool your , man," the other skater said in a trembling voice then scurried to leave the scene. He's obviously scared after seeing Sehun snap like that.

Well, anyone would, actually. All the other skaters were looking at the scene with scared looks and stares at Sehun. Well at least now they know not to mess with Luhan.

"Guys! What happened?!" Chanyeol said as he hurried to the 3 boys.

"Kyungsoo! Are you okay?!" Kai approached them and cupped Kyungsoo's face in his hands. "You're not hurt, aren't you?"

"I-I'm fine, Jongin," Kyungsoo managed to say in between stutters as Kai is still cupping the shorter boy's face in his hands.

The other three skaters also joined Luhan and Kyungsoo to ask what happened and if they're fine. The commotion left the whole place in silence and they finally manage to spot the two boys together with an angry Sehun, and they were surprised to see that the commotion is actually coming from their spot so they all hurried to go there.

"S-Sorry..." poker-faced Sehun is back as he faces the scared Luhan while saying his apologies to him. "I... I didn't mean to... scare you or anything."

"I-It's okay..." Luhan said then looked down. "I... I don't want you getting into a fight because of me."

"I just... don't want you to get hurt, Luhan. And no one can call you a or something like that or else I'll kill them."

Luhan's eyes widened because of the words coming from Sehun. He can't believe the guy lost his cool all because of a trivial thing that happened to him. He can't help but blush hard too, so he didn't face Sehun and kept on looking down on the ground then said "Th-Thanks a lot, Sehun. I... I really appreciate it... But y-you really don't have to go that far."

I have to, because you got hurt. And I'll kill anyone who'll try hurting you and say something bad about you, Sehun thought as he look at the down-spirited Luhan.

Sehun suddenly held Luhan's chin then tilts it upward so Luhan can face him. When Luhan finally looked at him, Sehun smiled (while still holding Luhan's chin) and said "Alright, I'm sorry. But are you okay? Does your heel hurt?"

Luhan shook his head then said "No, it doesn't hurt that much." while trying to avoid eye contact. Dammit I must be blushing like crazy right now.

Sehun removed his hand from Luhan's chin then chuckled a bit. Luhan raised his eyebrow and sent Sehun a questioning look, then the taller guy crossed his arms in front of him then cooed "You're blushing, Luhan."

The other's cheeks reddened even more because of that. "Y-Yah! I-I'm not!" Luhan screamed while hitting Sehun's arms.

Sehun laughed heartily, satisfied that the energetic, loud Luhan is back.

It was actually pretty dumb of him to do, Sehun thought, to snap like that and lose his temper over something so small. But he just can't help it when he heard Luhan screaming "Ow!" and when the guy called Luhan a . He knows there's no way he can keep his cool when things happen to Luhan; to his Luhan.

The other boys just look at them with amused looks. It's the very first time they saw their always uninterested and poker-faced friend snap like that, and it's all for Luhan's sake.

Ahh, the things love can do. Jongdae thought while smiling.

 

-----

 

Kyungsoo amd Luhan are sitting at the nearby benches as they watch the group prepare for the competion. It's gonna start anytime soon and something is actually bothering the two boys; they know nothing about the contest and about skating.

"How will we even know if they're winning or losing?"

"Don't ask me, how the hell should I know?"

"You talked with Kai longer, and he even taught you how to skate that night at the park too. You must have more knowledge about this than I do!"

"Well, guess what? I don't know anything." Kyungsoo said with a sigh. There is positively no freaking day that the two of them aren't arguing. "Sehun's the best skater among them, Jongin told me. You should ask him personally."

"I-I feel shy..."

"What?! The guy's literally willing to be a murderer all because of a freaking skateboard hitting your tiny heel, and now you're telling me you're feeling shy?!" Kyungsoo said in a furious state. He can't understand Luhan anymore. "Why would you feel shy? You two look like a couple already anyway."

"Shut up!" Luhan screamed rather loudly again, catching the attention of the people nearby.

Kyungsoo just shrugged and gave up. His friend will never learn.

"Hey," Tao approached them and handed the two boys iced-cold coffee in cans. "I bet you guys are clueless about all these, huh?"

"Yes. Super." Luhan said as he grab the can of iced cold coffee from Tao. "And thanks for this."

"Save your thanks for Sehun, he's the one who bought these." Tao said while having a mischievous smile in his face.

"Oh..." Luhan replied. He looked at Sehun's direction in front of them when Sehun looked at him too then smiled. Luhan can't help but smile at him in return.

"So..." Kyungsoo started, trying to catch Luhan's attention because the boy's practically staring at Sehun and smiling at himself like an idiot. "How does the competition works?"

"Yeah. We would like to know." Luhan said, finally able to look away from Sehun now. He pops open the can and gulgs at the cold, bittersweet taste of coffee.

"Okay, let me explain it." Tao started off. "Each group needs to have 5 skaters as members. Since we are six, I decided to be the one to leave and just hang out with you guys here. Anyway, the mechanics of the contest goes like these; the winning team from the last year's competition will perform stunts one by one, and each participating group will choose a representative that'll copy the stunt that the winner from last year just performed. When this certain representative from the group succesfully did the stunt, a point goes to their group. Then another member will be chosen as a representative to perform a different stunt that the winners from last year will do, and so on and so forth." Tao explained to the two boys. "Then the group with the most number of points by the end of the contest wins. Simple as that."

"Oh... I see." Kyungsoo replied. Luhan just let out that "Ooooh" sound from his mouth shaped like a big O because of the new discoveries he found out.

He's getting closer and closer to Sehun's world, Luhan concluded in his mind. And he isn't scared to get even closer to that world if it's all for Sehun.

Luhan drinks more of his drink then snatched a glance at Sehun again. The boy really finds Sehun good-looking and gorgeous; he can't help but stare at him everytime.

I wonder if he thinks the same to me...

"Oh, by the way, Luhan." Tao said in such a low voice he sounds like he's whispering, "I have to tell you something. But don't tell Sehun I told you anything, alright? This'll be our little secret."

"A-Alright," Luhan whispered back, heartbeat starting to speed up. What could that be?

"You see..." Tao started, "Sehun's got a crush on you."


 

(NOTE: sorry i just updated now orz. was busy with school stuffs and so yeah.
i really don't know anything about skating lol so this is such a challenge for me to write. i asked my skater friend how competition goes and he told me it goes like that so i applied it here.
we'll see the results of the competition next chapter. and of course, MORE FLUFF for the next update. lol.
comment your thoughts guys!)