Milk Chocolate

Skater Boy

 

"W-What are you t-talking about?!"

"I know it's already too damn obvious and all but the whole group honestly thinks he's having a huge crush on you."

"S-So? If ever that's true... is there any p-problem about it? Not that I'm assuming that he really do have a--"

"There's no problem about it. We all think it's fantastic. Now can you be kind enough to answer my question, Luhan?"

"...What question?"

"Do you have a crush on Sehun too?"

"W-Wha!?" Luhan almost screamed (like always) at the sudden interrogation.

"Hey Tao!" Sehun suddenly yelled from their far front, "Get your over here for a sec."

"Why? I'm busy!" Tao protested to the screaming Sehun.

"We're gonna discuss something before the competition starts! Now stop complaining and come here, lazy bastard." Sehun yelled with an eyeroll.

"Alright alright I'm coming!" Tao said as he stood up. He leaned down a bit before leaving the bench and whispering "I'm gonna ask you again later, okay?" to Luhan's ears.

Luhan gulped and nervously nodded. Kyungsoo looked at the two of them confusingly.

Sehun swears he's gonna kill Tao later. How dare that kungfu panda act all casual and cool and even whisper to Luhan's ears. Ugh.

As Tao started walking to the skaters' direction, Kyungsoo nudged an elbow to Luhan. "Hey! What was that about? You cheating on Tehun?!"

"No! What the hell are you talking about?!" Luhan blurted out, "And please stop with the Tehun!"

"Then what was that?"

"I don't know! I'm confused too," Luhan admitted to his prying friend, "Tao told me that Sehun has a crush on me, and now he's asking me if I have a--"

"Oh is that all?" Kyungsoo suddenly said while looking bored, "Everyone already knows that anyway. It's too obvious. He doesn't really have to tell you."

"I-I don't know..."

"Whatever." his shorter friend said, irritated with his in-denial buddy.

Luhan just shrugged and stared back at the skater group that're all busy discussing stuffs, then his eyes landed on that tall guy again with the most handsome and gorgeous face (in his opinion).

Could it actually be true? The baby-faced boy thought. Is Sehun... really having a crush on me? Me, of all people?!

Luhan is such an insensitive, low-esteemed guy to be honest.

 

-----

 

The competition started and each group assigned one skater as their representative for the first round. Jongdae was the first representative of their group (which is named Lulu's Crew, derived from Luhan's pet dog. Sehun was the one who thought of the silly name when they registered for the contest a week ago).

There are 12 groups in total, and the 12 representatives from the group all settled themseles at the middle of the place to watch the skater from last year's champion perform a trick that they have to do.

Jongdae somehow got the trick working. Not as flawless as the others, though, but he still did it. A point then goes to Lulu's crew (and to all other groups because no one failed on doing the trick. It was pretty simple and basic.)

Lay was the next who played for round 2, and was succesful on doing the trick as well. The first stunts are always easy, so the group's strategy is to always save the best for last.

3rd round is Chanyeol's as he succesfully performed the stunt done by the champion group from last year. The stunt this time is a bit harder than the first two, and not all participating representatives were succesful on doing it. Jongdae yelled a "You rock Channie~!!" after the other succesfully did the stunt.

Kyungsoo swore his heart is about to leap out of his chest by the 4th round. It's Kai's turn to do the stunt. When the winners from last year performed the trick, Kyungsoo and Luhan both gulped nervously; it's quite hard and intimidating to copy. But Kai just lazily pushed his front hair back in such a cool way then rode his skateboard and did the trick flawlessly. Everyone literally clapped their hands after Kai finished the stunt (but Kyungsoo's claps and smiles were all that matters to Kai anyway).

By round 5, the only remaining representative in Lulu's Crew to perform is Sehun. Now it is Luhan's turn to feel insanely nervous. The stunt that must be copied is already too good, he wonders if Sehun can really make it. Plus the trick also looks a bit dangerous; one wrong move and Sehun might twist his ankle or hurt his heel or something like that. Luhan clasped his hands hard as Sehun starts to ride his skateboard, and after a few nerve-wrecking and intense seconds, the whole bunch was screaming and clapping their hands as Sehun effortlessly does the trick. Luhan sighed in satisfaction.

Before the next round starts, Sehun stole a glance at Luhan's direction and was glad to see the boy looking straight at him. Luhan suddenly stiffened then smiled. The taller guy smiled at him in return, in which the other replied with a two-thumbs-up sign while smiling in a silly way.

The competition lasted for an hour and Lulu's Crew suddenly found themselves at the finals. They didn't expect to reach this far; they just wanted to experience how to join skate competitions and never really expected to win, but now they're here being just one step left to becoming champions.

And since they're all here anyway, they decided to give it their all. It's worth a shot.

The finals round requires all skaters to do the same trick that will be performed by last year's winners. After the stunt was done and it's time for the two opposing groups to do it, both Sehun and Kai felt worried. Not only was the trick very hard, but also because they wonder if their three other skaters can do it. The two boys know they can do the dangerous stunt, but they're not really sure about the other three. So without having no assurance whatsoever that they can really do the trick, they started to prepare and settle themselves at the platforms.

Kyungsoo and Luhan honestly looked like they are about to cry; that crazy stunt that should be finished seriously looks like those insane stunts people see in professional skate competitions in TV. They both hoped and wished with all their heart that none of the members (especially their two boys; Kai and Sehun) hurt themselves during the performance.

The two groups are gonna do the trick simultaneously, and when the whistle started shrilling, the ten skaters started riding their skateboards while twisting and twirling through the set of platforms.

Kyungsoo and Luhan both wanted to close their eyes. The tension's too much they think they're gonna experience a heart attack. They nervously watched the two opposing groups scurry and twist over here and there to finish the stunt (that honestly looks like an obstacle course more than a stunt) when something suddenly happened and they both had their jaw dropped to the floor.

A skater from the rival group that's in front of all the other skaters suddenly lost his balance and dragged one skater with him. The two of them fell from their skateboards and another skater from their group was dragged because of them. But as the third skater loses his balance, his skateboard almost flew and Sehun's heel was hit by the skateboard. They're nearing the end of the stunt when all of the accidents happened and Sehun was at the top of one of the high platforms when he was hit by the board, resulting into him losing balance as well and falling down from the high platform down to the ground.

"Sehun!" Luhan yelled from his place with a worried look in his face.

With a loud thud, Sehun fell to the ground from the high platform he was before. After the other skaters from Lulu's Crew succesfully finished the long stunt, they quickly approached Sehun and fired their questions one by one.

"Are you okay?!"

"Does it hurt?"

"How's your head? Your ankle?"

"How are you feeling, Sehun?"

Sehun just laughed at them and stood up, but felt an incredible kind of pain in his right ankle as he tried to stand up. The group looked at him with worried expressions as he said something like "I think I twisted my ankle."

Luhan and Kyungsoo both hurried to the direction of the group. "Are you okay?! You didn't hurt yourself, did you?!" Luhan asked the taller guy with such worry in his eyes.

"I... I think I did, actually. I twisted my ankle." Sehun said as he used Kai's shoulders to lean on or else he'll fall again to the ground. He can't stand up straight with his ankle hurting like that.

Luhan almost felt tears welling up at the corners of his eyes, but he quickly wiped it away and controlled himself.

 

-----

 

"Well that was fun!" Jongdae exclaimed as they all started walking."

"Yeah! And we never expected to win but we actually did!" Kai replied in such an excited tone.

They win the competition because four from their group was succesful on finishing the stunt, while only two from the opposing group did it succesfully. It's funny that their strongest player was the one who actually lost balance and wasn't able to make it.

"Yeah but twisting your ankle sure isn't fun, you guys." Sehun said lowly as he struggled to walk, "But thanks for the help, Luhan. I really appreciate it."

"No problem!" Luhan said as he looked at Sehun that's been using his arms as a support.

"And sorry if I'm heavy." Sehun whispered lowly.

Luhan chuckled and said "It's okay, I can handle. I'm actually strong you know!"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes when he heard that. His silly friend is trying to be manly again.

The rest of the group just looked at each other with smiling faces; the accident is actually a blessing in disguise. If Sehun didn't hurt his ankle like this, then Luhan won't be carrying him around like this as they all walk back home.

The whole group giggled happily when Tao told them how Luhan flustered and stuttered when he told him that they think Sehun has a crush on him. Kyungsoo was listening to them so they decided to include the little fella in their conversation.

"So you guys are actually rooting for Luhan and Sehun?" Kyungsoo asked them while whispering.

"Yeah. We would like to call ourselves cupids," Jongdae replies lowly, "because we're planning to make them end up with each other."

"That's great!" Kyungsoo said in such an excited tone. He too would love to see his friend in a relationship with the one he likes.

"It's sad that I wasn't able to ask him about his crush on Sehun, though." Tao said.

"Do you guys still really have to ask him that?" Kyungsoo replied, "Isn't it obvious enough yet?"

The whole group just laughed heartily at Kyungsoo's remark. Another cupid has decided to help them out.

Luhan and Sehun are both oblivious to all the commotions and conversations behind their backs. Their too engrossed in their own world that they seriously won't hear the group even if they scream at the top of their lungs.

"We should celebrate!" Kai suddenly screamed at the top of his lungs. Excited boy is always excited.

Kyungsoo nudged him an elbow then said "Shh! Don't be too loud, Jongin!"

Kai just shrugged and pouted. Kyungsoo sighed at him in return. It seems all he will always do is nudge an elbow to noisy people to calm them down; first Luhan and now Kai. But he doesn't really mind, especially with Kai, of course.

"Yeah! I agree!" another noisy tard joined the commotion, Jongdae the troll.

"Let's do it next week. You guys are coming too, right Kyungsoo, Luhan?"

"Yeah, count us in." Kyungsoo replied while having that heartshaped smile of his. he answered in behalf of Luhan, who's too busy with his own world with Sehun.

The two boys are still very much caught into their own dimension, laughing and goofing around like the whole world is theirs and theirs alone; no one can deny the oozing mutual affection between the two.

"Oh, Luhan, by the way..." Sehun suddenly said while looking at Luhan who is still carrying him around.

"Yeah?"

"You look great today."

Luhan was taken aback by Sehun's words, then just smiled genuinely at the taller guy.

"Thanks."

Sehun is sweet too, Luhan concluded. As sweet as milk chocolate.

 



 

(NOTE: sorry the skating competition part was a disaster i seriously don't know how to write it i am so sorry for the ty descriptions i'm so sorry *bows deeply*)