Doughnuts

Skater Boy

"How's your ankle now, Sehunnie?"

"Quite healed already, Luhannie." the taller guy replied to the sweet concern of the other. It was Wednesday morning and they both ran into each other at the school gates so they decided to walk together. "I can walk properly now, but I still can't push it to the limits. Thanks for the concern."

"I-It's nothing," Luhan said sheepishly while trying to hide his blushing cheeks from the other.

The baby-faced guy may not have realized it, but ever since the competition last Sunday it seems like all he ever did was ask Sehun how his ankle is. Everyday when the group hangs out during lunchtime at school, or during the evening when the skaters hang out at Starbaeks, even before going to sleep he would text the other and ask him if he's fine already. If there is ever an award for the most concern friend of the year, it definitely goes to him.

Sehun, on the other hand, is quite sure he doesn't favor too much attention and concern from people, but it's a totally different story when the attention and care is coming from Luhan of course.

"You guys are coming for the celebration this Saturday, right? the poker-faced guy said as they both walk quite slowly through the corridors despite the morning rush. Everyone around them is busy hurrying and running to their respective classrooms while the two of them walk casually, as if classes aren't going to start anytime soon.

"Oh, are you guys serious about that party?" Luhan asked in a rather surprised tone. "I thought you guys were only kidding."

"We're serious Luhannie," the other replied, wishing that the corridor was much much longer because his classroom is nearing already and he wants to spend more time with the guy. "We're going to use the money we won from the competition to celebrate," he added. "Uh... Do you drink, Luhannie?"

"Drink? You mean alcohol?" Luhan said as he faces the other while looking up. Sehun blushed a little at the sudden stare of the other.

"Y-Yeah... Coz the group all wanted to drink but I thought maybe you're not comfortable with it and--"

"No, it's fine!" Luhan replied defensively as if suddenly feeling guilty; it's as if Sehun was somehow looking out for him and keeping an eye on what he likes and what he does not. "I actually drink, but I'm afraid I'm not the strongest of drinkers to be honest." he shyly said as he awkwardly scratches the back of his head.

But that, obviously, was the biggest understatement of the century. Luhan is the most old-fashioned guy that was ever alive. He knows nothing about loosening up and having fun and partying and even socializing; what more about drinking and partying hard?

But Sehun seemed to buy it, smiling a little as he faces Luhan. "That's good. Don't worry, I won't let them make you drink too much. I'll look out for you."

"T-Thanks, b-but you really don't have to." the baby face really must learn how to stop blushing and stuttering too much.

"But I want to," Sehun protested teasingly, suddenly halting in front of a classroom door. "This is my classroom already Luhannie..." he said halfheartedly.

"Oh, alright," the other said with equal dismay in his tone. It's obvious how both boys wanted to spend more time with each other's company. "I'll see you later then!"

 

-----

 

Lunchtime came pretty quickly and the 8 boys settled themselves at a long table in the cafeteria big enough to house them all. They've been planning what to do for Saturday as they all eat their food.

"We should totally play some games!" Kai exclaimed excitedly like usual, which Kyungsoo finds cute more than annoying. "We should play spin the bottle! We should do truth or dare!"

"Drinking sessions are nothing without truth or dare games," Chanyeol added to the conversation. "You guys are not that killjoys to back out, are you?" Chanyeol said with a sort of challenge in his tone.

Luhan and Kyungsoo frantically shook their heads to imply a no, but at the back of their minds they've been starting to think of of actually backing out. Who knows what kind of insane questions and crazy dares the group will throw and push on them especially when they're all drunk.

"Yah, don't scare the two boys!" Sehun said with a warning in his voice. He then faced Luhan and said "Don't worry, it's not gonna be that hard," then smiles (actually smiles) to assure the other there's nothing to worry about.

Luhan looked down and hid his blush. While he may like Sehun's concern and seemingly protective nature, he doesn't necessarily like being treated like such a baby. He believes he's as manly as everyone else is, no matter how untrue that may be.

The other boys just stared at each other mischievously, as if planning something wicked up their sleeves again. Their still the cupids here, after all. Sehun and Luhan are the only ones unaware of their plans and doings, and they aren't planning to stop until they achieve what they set as their goal.

And they would definitely use the possibilities of the Saturday celebration to their advantage.

"This is gonna be a fun party," Jongdae said with a devilish grin. The curves of his lips telling and proving just how mischievous he is.

"I'm sure it will be." Luhan replied obliviously, not noticing the mischief in all of the others' eyes.

 

-----

 

Days passed by surprisingly fast and the next thing Luhan knew it was Saturday already and he's out with his best friend Kyungsoo again to shop. The other kept on convincing him to go to the malls with him since last Monday, saying he have to prepare a lot for the celebration. The party will be held at Tao's place (because the others' said the Chinese panda has the largest place to organize a party in) later tonight so they still have the morning and the afternoon for preparation.

"Ever since we became friends with that bunch, it seems like all we ever do was celebrate and go to the malls to prepare for the celebrations." Luhan said as the two of them walks past a salon, both boys holding a pair of doughnuts in their hands. "I've never been more sociable in my whole life."

"Well that's because you're too timid and aloof sometimes you know," Kyungsoo replied as he stopped by in front of the salon door, taking a bite off of the pastry he's holding. "Even I sometimes wonder how I ended up being your friend."

"That's too cruel Soo!" he jokingly said while hitting his friends arms with his right hand (he holds his doughnut with his left), but the other knows Luhan's fists are too small to actually hurt him even if he hit him with all of his strength.

Kyungsoo stared blankly at the salon when a thought suddenly came into his mind. "You think Jongin will like red hair in me?"

Luhan wanted to laugh out loud but refrained when he realized the other was being serious about it. "Uhh, yeah, I guess?"

"A lot of people has been telling me I kinda look like this idol with a weird two-letter screen name," he absentmindedly said while still staring at the busy people inside the area. "you know, that idol group that acted like wolves? The group who danced in an abandoned building in their music video?"

"Ahh yes I know that group," Luhan said as he recall seeing the said group perform once in his TV, but he was not really a fan of music and stuff. He'd rather read books and boring novels than listen to music. "You know what? You should go for it. I think I need a new hair color as well."

Kyungsoo looked at him with mischief in his eyes as he looks at Luhan's hair. "Yeah, I think you really do need a new color. And I know just what color is perfect for you."

The other winced at the seemingly evil thought going on in Kyungsoo's mind.

"Bye, coffee-brown hair! I will miss you!" he said as if talking to himself as they open the door to the salon, leaving everything to his best friend again. 

 


(NOTE: LUHAN AND KYUNGSOO TALKING ABOUT EXO OMG WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING.
i kinda hate myself for the unconnected, senseless chapter titles but ugh whatever.
so one day i wondered why Luhan seems to change his hair color a lot and decided to include that here in this story coz it's quite fun to describe how Luhan's hair color changes along with his character development in the story lol. each time he changes hair color here means a turning point of some sort will take place in the story. meheheh. xD
okay so filler chapter is filler. sorry if i just updated now btw. sorry if it's too short too. i'll try my best to be a better writer for you guys. and watch out for the Saturday celebration part. XD happy holidays!)