Cola

Skater Boy

From: Sehun
To: Luhan

u still in class? 
 

 

From: Luhan
To: Sehun

yeah obviously lol y?
 

 

From: Sehun
To: Luhan

nothin, just wanna talk with you if its k.
 

 

From: Luhan
To: Sehun

LOL aren't u in class too??? we can talk later thehunnie~
 

 

From: Sehun

To: Luhan

hey stop the "Thehunnie" dun make fun of me.... -.-


 

Luhan smiled at Sehun's reply. Really, the boy can be seriously so cute and adorable whenever he makes fun of him, even if it's only through text messages. He tried to type in his reply when suddenly--

"Phone. Give me your phone."

Luhan's eyes widened at the sudden deep voice. He didn't look up; head still lowered as he slowly and stealthily tried to put his phone back to his pockets, but then the voice comes again, this time a lot louder and closer.

"Mr. Xi, I said, PHONE!"

Luhan almost jumped up in surprise at the sudden yell at his front. He quickly gazed up and saw his teacher glaring at him with his hand open and extended to him, waiting for the student to place his phone at his hand.

"M-Mr. Lee, I-I'm sorry but--"

"No buts. Phone."

"M-M-Mr. Lee....but it was an emergency Mr. Lee!"

"An emergency that makes you smile whenever you read the text message?" Mr. Lee said, nostrils seriously looking like their flaring, "What kind of an emergency could possibly make you giggle, Mr. Xi?!"

The whole class broke into laughter at Mr. Lee's remark, even Kyungsoo who is just beside Luhan. It's so obvious that the boy is texting some friend or his boyfriend or a buddy or maybe his dog Lulu, because it's definitely not an emergency when you smile and giggle whenever you receive a message.

Feeling defeated and embarassed, Luhan brought out his phone and looked pleadingly at his teacher.

Yes, use some aegyo! No one can resist your aegyo, Luhan! The boy thought in his mind.

"Teacher-nim..." he started, "can you please let me slip this time? I promise I won't do it again," Luhan said with hands clasped together (his phone in between his clasped hands) and eyes looking at the teacher with such cuteness in it; yes, use your puppy-dog eyes Luhan! He thought to himself, "please, teacher-nim? Please...?"

Mr. Lee just snorted and said, "Yes, you're cute, I know, but Luhan that's really old," the teacher continued, voice rather bored and uninterested, "you already used that trick for, like, the 7,842nd time already and believe me; no one's falling for that anymore, Luhan," Mr. Lee said as he quickly and stealthily snatched the phone from Luhan's hands, "confiscated."

Luhan flashed the teacher with a wtf are you serious?! look and sighed in defeat. It seems his aegyo is starting to rust a bit.

"You're an idiot, Luhan," Kyungsoo said as he recovered from laughing so hard, "you really thought that would work on teachers? Especially on Mr. Lee?!"

Luhan just pouted at him in dismay.

Damn teacher. Didn't he know I was talking to Sehun?! Ugh.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The whole group laughed their asses out as Kyungsoo shared the "confiscated phone" incident with the skater group during lunch time. Apparently, after hanging out with them last friday night, Luhan and Kyungsoo discovered that the group also goes to SM High, so they decided to hang out during lunch breaks at school too. It's monday and it's their first time hanging around as a whole group at school.

"Stop laughing! It's not even that funny!" Luhan protested to the group.

"Oh, but it is actually funny! Luhan trying to use some aegyo on Mr. Lee!" goddamn Jongdae said and they all laughed again.

Luhan started laughing too, eventually, after realizing that it really was kind of idiotic of him to do.

But what really made him laugh heartily is the way Sehun laughs so genuine and true, and Luhan just can't help but feel happy too.

Ever since friday, Luhan has been thinking of the skater group. Yeah sure most of those times were spent with thinking of Sehun, but he also kept on thinking of the group. Luhan started realizing that they aren't really that bad, after all. He actually had a lot of fun that friday at the park (even though he spent most of that time again with Sehun). Luhan thought it's actually nice to have a bigger circle of friends like these, instead of only having one real friend like Kyungsoo. The more the merrier seems to ring true.

After the group recovered from the laughter and resumed eating while talking of how oblivious Lay can ever be and how Tao looks so scary with his dark circles in his eyes, Sehun suddenly stood up and walked to the vending machine.

When he got back, he was holding two cans of Coca-Cola and he handed one to Luhan, "This is for you," Sehun said, "I thought there was some iced-cold coffee in cans at the vending machine but there wasn't, so I just settled with this," Sehun continued, "take it; it's my way of saying sorry."

Luhan was dumbfounded at the sudden happening. The whole skater group all have eyes as big as their plates and mouths open as wide as their table itself because whoa, since when did Sehun started being caring?

Sure they are friends and all, but they never saw Sehun being actually caring. Yes he laughs and jokes around with them, but he's still grumpy and uptight most of the time. They can really see something different in Sehun whenever Luhan is around. Something they not see whenever Sehun's with his....

"Wait, what do you mean by 'my means of saying sorry'? You two in a fight or something?" Lay the clueless asked the two.

"No, it's not that," Sehun replied, still extending his arms to Luhan with the can of cola in his hands, "I think Luhan's phone was confiscated because we were texting each other. His phone won't be confiscated if I didn't start texting him, so I feel it's my fault in a way," Sehun said rather shyly.

The group is seriously giggling and fidgeting now. Their cupid antics are working! But it's not like they have done something big to actually escalate the relationship between the two boys; all they did was ask Luhan to hang out with them and the next happenings all happened naturally between the two.

Maybe they really were meant together.

"Y-You really don't have to feel sorry, Sehun," Luhan said as he grabbed the can from Sehun, "but uhh, thanks for this," and he smiled at the taller boy.

Ah, that smile, Sehun thought, I can give anything for that sweet smile.

The bunch of skaters are also smiling to themselves, wishing that Sehun can finally find real happiness in Luhan.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"We'll be going to Starbaeks by 9pm, we're going to practice some skate stunts and ," Kai said as the 8 boys (6 skaters and 2 ordinary boys) all walk out of the school gates.

"Alright," Luhan replied, "but please refrain from being too troublesome!"

"We will, I promise!" Chanyeol said while smiling mischievously.

"But why are you practicing some stunts?" Kyungsoo asked as they started walking.

"We're joining some skate competition this sunday. You guys should watch it!" Kai said, clapping his hands again like the excited kid that he is.

"Stunts? Won't those stunts be...dangerous?" Luhan asked Sehun who was walking beside him, trying his best to hold himself from fidgeting because oh my god he's walking beside me!

"Nah, not really that much," Sehun replied, "just some simple stunts. And we're joining just for the fun of it, we're not really after winning."

"Oh, alright," Luhan said. That's good, I don't want you to get hurt because of some skating stunts, Sehunnie.

"You shouldn't worry, Luhannie. I won't hurt myself," Sehun said, voice all serious and stern. You look so cute worrying for me, Luhannie.

Luhan seriously blushed hard at the sudden informality in Sehun, and wasn't completely able to say anything back because he might squeek and giggle so much if he tried to open his mouth. Did he just read what's in my mind?!

But Luhannie sounds so good to hear coming from him, Luhan thought.

 


 

(NOTE: okay I know you guys are confused, so here is the characters' set-up:
Sehun, Kai, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Lay, and Tao are all skaters.
Luhan and Kyungsoo are the cashier boys at Starbaeks, which is owned by Mr. Baekhyun.
At the first chapter, I realized I made a mistake and typed something like "the group of six skaters" but Sehun wasn't with them that time, so it's only "group of five skaters" I'll edit that part after posting this.
Sorry for confusing you guys. *bows*)