Flashback

OH SEHUN, WHAT IS LOVE?

“Oh Youngmin, who would you choose, your parents or that girl?”

“Joesonghabnida Abeoji. I couldn’t leave her. She’s carrying my child.” Oh youngmin just looked down, he was not able to look into his parent’s eyes.

Mrs. Oh increasingly sobbing after hear his answer. How can her only son left her.

“Sajangnim, let him marry her, what’s wrong with that?” Mrs. Oh try to persuade her husband.

“No, I will never bless them as a couple. That girl wasn’t good enough to be a part of our family.”

“Please Sajangnim, he’s our only child.”

“I’m not going to acknowledge a child like him. He make our family embarrassed. If you choose that girl, get out from my house right now. Put down your wallet, car key, coat, and everything you bought with my money. I’m not going to leave my business to you.

“If abeoji didn’t accept me as your son again, I would go. I’m sorry I can’t be a good son.”Oh youngmin bowed down to his father for the last time then turn to his mom.

“Eomma mianhae.” He can’t hold his tears. He hugged his mother tightly.

Mrs. Oh cried seeing his son leave their house. Mr. Oh don not see it, he couldn’t see the son whom he love the most more than everything leave the house. He hold his tears.

--

6 years later…

Oh youngmin deliver the order to customers tables. His wife come with their son.

“Appa…” the boy ran to hug his father.

“Sehun-ah,, how was your school today?”

“It’s fun.” The boy called Sehun give a beautiful smile to his father. “Appa, I’ll help you okay? I’ll change first.” Sehun ran into his room and change his uniform.

Sehun is still very young, he’s still a kid, but he always help his father at his food shop, get a drink for customers or get kimchi and other sidedish. His mother went back to her work place in one of restaurant near their house. The food shp income is not enough to pay their life.

One night in winter…

Hwangmi, Youngmin’s wife, come home later than usual. A luxury car drove her up to the front of their house.

“Who’s that honey?”

“He’s one of customer in our restaurant.”

“Why did he take you home?”

“Because he can’t bear to see me walk in the cold with that cheap coat you bought.”

“Mianhae Hwangmi, I’ll buy you a new warmer coat.”

Hwangmi ignored her husband.

 

Every  night, Hwangmi come home late with the same luxury car drove her up. She even come home at dawn.

One day, Hwangmi come home with a variety of luxury goods attached in her body.

“Oh Youngmin, I’m sorry, I have to leave you, I ‘m no longer your wife, I can’t life with a poor husband like you.”

“Hwangmi, I’m sorry I know it was my fault. But don’t leave me, I beg you. Don’t you want to see Sehun grow up?”

Sehun were awakened from his sleep, he’s peep his parents who were talking outside. He couldn’t hear clearly the words that come out from their mouth.

“I want to see him, of course. But my future husband not allowed me to bring that child. I cant love him anymore. You take him.”

“Hwangmi, you are getting married again? How can you leave your son like that?” Oh Youngmin can’t hold his anger. His palm landed on Hwangmi’s cheek. It leave a bruise.

Sehun ran when he saw his father slap his mom.

“I’m really going to leave you!” Hwangmi threatened.

“Go away, you are not deserve to be Sehun’s mom.”

Sehun crying, he hold his mother’s leg that will move to leave the house. Oh Youngmin pull Sehun and him inside. That luxury car that bring Hwangmi gone forever from their life.

Three month have passed since Hwangmi left Youngmin and Sehun. Everyday Sehun ask his father where did his mom go. Youngmin just persuade him to not asking about her anymore.

Four year passed, Sehun eventually hated his father because he always avoid his question about where is his mom. Actually, Youngmin do not keep it secret, he also didn’t know where his ex-wife was gone. Sehun hate his father more because he misunderstanding why his father let his mom go. Oh Youngmin can’t do anything about it.

One day, Youngmin received a phone call from one of his uncle who told him that his father seriously ill and wanted him to go back home. Youngmin had several times refused because he felt embarrassed to his parent. It will not turn like this if he choose his parents earlier. If only that time he didn’t choose Hwangmi…

His family keep on contacting him and told him to go back. But they all failed until one day his mom finally come to see him herself.

“Youngmin-ah, go home, your dad wanted to see you, he really missed you.”

“I can’t goeomma. I’m embarrassed. I choose the wrong decision that time and now I don’t have a courage to face abeoji.”

“Gwenchana Youngmin, you are our only child. Actually, when you leave, your father always ask about you to your uncles that live near here. He always give your father information about you.”

“I’m home..” Sehun voice make Youngmin and his mom turn to Sehun,

Mrs. Oh so shocked to see a boy who had the exactly same face as Youngmin. Her tears fell on her cheeks.

“Oh My God, Oh Youngmin, is he your son?” Mrs. Oh stood up and hugged Sehun that just approach them.

“Appa, who is she?” Sehun hug her back, he feel comfortable in the elder’s arms that he saw for the first time.

“I’m your grandmother….” Mrs. Oh releasing his arms briefly to see Sehun’s nametag.”I’m your grandma Oh Sehun.” Mrs. Oh cry in emotion.

Sehun pulled back his grandmother softly. “Annyeonghasyo Halmeoni.” Sehun bowed. He’s easily accept her.

“Omo~~ you are so handsome.”

“Gamshahamnida…”

“Youngmin, let’s go home and bring Sehun too. We have to send him in the best School, I want to see him be a smart boy. How dare you to sent your child in a regular school huh? He is Oh.”

Oh Youngmin seem to think, maybe it’s better to go home for Sehun’s sake. So that he can live a good life and educated in the best school.

“Sehun-ah, do you mind if we go to Halmeoni house and live there?” Youngmin asked him.

“Do whatever you like.”Sehun left his father and grandma, he went to his room.

“Why is he so cold to you?”

“He hated me because his mom go.”

“Be patient dear, he’ll love you someday. Come back to home, start pack your things, I’ll come tomorrow to pick you.”

--

Oh Youngmin back to his parents home that was very different from his home-shop. Sehun looking around the big house.

“Sehunnie, come with halmeoni, I already prepared a room for you.”

“Jinjjayo?” Sehun eyes rounded, he look happy.

Oh Youngmin relieved, he’s happy to see his son’s smile again.

“Youngmin-ah, go meet your dad. He’s waiting for you.”

“Ne eomma.”

 

Youngmin opened his parents room’s door. Her dad was lying down on the bed.

“Oh Youngmin, is that you?” Mr. Oh low voice invite Oh Youngmin’s tears.

“Abeoji joesonghamnida..” Oh Youngmin sobbed beside his father.

“Don’t ever leave this house again, your father been unable to life without you. Take my position at the company, I trust you. Stay beside me Youngmin-ah. I’m sorry for everything I did to you. ” Mr. Oh can’t hold his tears anymore.

“Abeoji, I love you more than everything in this world. I’ll do whatever you say, but I beg you please accep Sehun as your grandson, he’s my son abeoji.”

“Did you bring your son? Let me see him Youngmin-ah.” Mr. Oh smiled, look happy.

“Abeoji want to see him?”

“Of course, I heard from your mom that he’s a lot like you. He is Oh decent.”

“Thanks abeoji.” Youngmin hug his dad.

Youngmin and Sehun now stay at Youngmin’s parents. They live all-sufficient. Mrs. Oh even always grant anything Sehun requested. Sehun very fond his grandparents but he cant forgive his father yet. Youngmin always try to make sehun forgive him, but that never works.

Unfortunately, Mr. Oh passed away after three years.