The Reason Why

Cinderella's Secret

You: He's so.. mean to me.. I thought he was just like the prince in my dreams.. but I guess I was wrong.. But what can I do? It feels like my heart wants him, even if he treated me that way. Who knew that a guy like him who had given me a good impression to him will make me feel bad.. *sobs* How is it my fault? I've never even seen him before..

 

You arrived at school after a while. Sungmin arrived first and parked his car. He was the center of attention since he's a new student. He was still handsome, as usual. But you only have a chance to see him from afar because of the rules he had given you. He really was on the same class as you, and he ignored you the whole time. The more he does, the more it hurts you badly and you have to pretend that it doesn't hurt at all.

 

You: Well.. if that's what he wants. I just want to know the reason why he dislikes me so much.

 

Sungmin, wherever he goes, is always noticed by many, especially girls. You can see him being asked and surrounded by them all the time.

 

Girl #1: Oppa, where do you live? Can we visit your house?

Sungmin: Uhm.. I.. I suppose so..

Girl #2: Ya. Stop calling him oppa! You're older than him. *turns to Sungmin* Oppa.. if ever you need someone to help you regarding the subjects, I'm happy to help you..

Sungmin: Gomawo *smiles* (These girls.. are into me that much.. Hahaha. Lee Sungmin, you're the man. Cyeah.)

 

You: *thinks* (That freak. He can disguise himself into an innocent, kind guy. If only those girls knew who he really is.

 

So that's how his first day in school was. You were given a few homeworks. Sungmin's parents are not yet there, and he doesn't even tell you where they went. While studying, he entered your room without permission, being evil and cocky as ever.

 

Sungmin: Ya. *hands you his homeworks* You know what to do. Mom and Dad are having their Anniversary celebration in Busan and I'm going to invite people over.

You: Eh? People?

Sungmin: No, aliens. *sighs* My friends will be here any minute now. Do me a favor and don't show yourself to them or else they might think we're living together.

You: We are.

Sungmin: And they don't know a thing about it.

You: Seriously, what makes you dislike me that much?

Sungmin: Probably your existence. And ever since I went to New York, you're almost replaced me.

You: And how? Can you explain yourself to me?

Sungmin: To cut the long story short, they always compare me to you. Got it? I hate it. That's why I hate you.

You: Well that is not my fault. I am just doing my duties here.

Sungmin: Yeah, duties. And you're always the nice one, and I am the lazy one.

 

The bell rang, interrupting your conversation with him.

 

Sungmin: Don't show yourself to them, arraseo? Just do my homeworks instead.

 

He closed the door, leaving you hanging. Before you started doing his homework, you wrote on your diary.

 

Dear Diary,

 

The prince who I thought is the guy for me turned out to be a toad. He hates me, diary. Because he was being compared to me by his parents. How is it my fault? But.. despite of all that, the more I want to know him. Even if he's mean, I know he's a nice person.