Starlit Night

One Accord

CNBlue - Starlit Night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIhKJYTE53U

                                 

‘’Yong,’’ I heard Jonghyun say while his face appeared from the door post of his room, ‘’can you help me out with something?’’ Already expecting I would say yes, he had disappeared again into his room.

‘’Sure,’’ I replied, a bit unnecessary, and got up from the couch. I entered his room and found him the way I expected: behind his computer with his guitar on his lap. ‘’What’s up?’’

‘’Okay, I composed something and I want you to listen to it and give your opinion,’’ he mumbled while focusing on adjusting his guitar. It always made me feel good when he asked me to listen to his songs and give him advice. It reassured me that people took me seriously.

‘’Well, let’s get it on then,’’ I said excitedly, taking a seat on his bed. I gave him a reassuring smile before his fingers started playing the strings. He played the first part twice and then focused on me, ‘’like it so far?’’ he asked with a hopeful smile. If he looked at me like that there was no way I could ever say no, but luckily I truly liked it.

‘’Yes, please go on,’’ I replied.

‘’I also wrote some lyrics, so…’’ he added with the same hopeful smile, focusing on his guitar again now. I always loved his lyrics, I secretly thought he wrote better than me, so I was even more excited now. This song could be a great hit.

Listen to my story

I saw a falling star

And I made a wish upon the tiny spark, then

My heart belongs to you forever, forever more

I hope my wish can be heard by the sky

 

Do you know the story of you and me

That is shining in this world?

Unchangingly always by my side

Your heart is making me shine

‘’What do you think so far?’’ he suddenly asked, moving his hands away from the strings.

‘’Ya, go on! Don’t stop!’’ I protested, I really wanted him to continue. My response said it all for him, so he continued again with confidence.

Hey, look at the night sky

Do you know why that glitters?

Our minds become a star with one accord

Glitter in the night sky, like your mind

And it is shining somewhere tonight

 

I hope this feeling can continue shining on forever

Yes, I hope that your and my feelings will surely become a single star

I sing a song with all my heart

I wish I could see a starlit night

With you all the time, with you forever

Then he was done and all I could do was stare at him. I loved it. The rhythm, the lyrics, I loved everything about it. ‘’Great, Jong,’’ was what I managed to say. He put away his guitar and took a seat next to me on his bed.

‘’I want you to sing too,’’ he said smiling, handing me a sheet with the lyrics.

‘’Really? Are you sure? Please don’t feel like you have to give me a part,’’ I said hesitantly. He wrote this song so I believed all the credits should go to him.

‘’Oh come on hyung, you always give me parts of your songs too.’’

‘’That’s true,'' I said at last, he had a point, ''what parts would you like me to sing then?'' He grabbed a pencil and marked all the verses that would be mine. ‘’The lyrics are really good, Jong. As usual,’’ I complimented.

‘’You know,’’ he started, playing with the zipper on my thigh, ‘’the lyrics are about you.’’ He caught me off guard. It wasn’t normal that we wrote songs about each other and I really had no clue while listening to the song that it was about me.

‘’Really?’’ I asked for the eighthundred time today. The confusion must have been showing on my face because Jonghyun started laughing. Automatically, I started laughing too. ‘’Please explain,’’ I mumbled a bit embarrassed. He stopped laughing and showed me his usual soft, heartwarming smile.

‘’Well obviously, you are the one that my heart belongs to,’’ he started, playing with the zipper again, ‘’I made a wish when I saw a falling star and that wish was to allow me to be with you forever. To perform with you forever, to be more exact, so that you will always be by my side; so you are always there when I’m on stage and look to my right,’’ he paused for a moment. He brought his free hand to my chin and with his thumb he touched my lips; telling me to stop biting them. ‘’Relax, hyung,’’ he soothed with a grin. ‘’Your heart, your love for music, your love for our band, all the effort you have put – and still are - into gaining attention for CNBlue - the dramas, the TV shows - has allowed me to shine. And Jongshin and Minhyuk. When we practice, our two different minds become one; they become a song, a star, with one accord, created by us two. And that song will be played somewhere tonight; the star will shine.’’

I was completely at loss for words (for a change). But when someone declares his love to you like this there is just one thing you can do, I think.

‘’Lock the door,’’ I whispered with a mischievous grin.

''Ah, that time of the day,'' Jonghyun mumbled, his voice cracking slightly as my lips pressed against the soft skin of his neck.